Author Topic: Elebits  (Read 37312 times)

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Elebits
« on: August 04, 2006, 10:55:49 AM »
Any news on this? Is it gonna be a launch title?? Any else excited by this game but me???

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Elebits
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 10:58:21 AM »
Wasn't it even announced?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
RE:Elebits
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:06:19 AM »
I guess it was announced according to IGN, although I haven't heard any information on it in quite a while.

Check out the videos for it if you haven't seen them yet.

Elebits

Or search youtube for more of them.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »
If I'm feeling really optimistic, I close my eyes and pretend that Elebits is looking like it will bring all the wonder and awesomeness that a "Batteries not Included" movie game would promise...

But I'm not feeling optimistic. Which makes me sad, because reality is so depressing.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Blue Plant

• View Profile
    • My site.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:43:01 AM »
The game looks so much better in motion and on a television than those screenshots that were released.  I saw a video of an E3 Nintendo rep (I think she was), demoing it for someone.  Kinda reminded me of Pikmin in a way... >.>

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
The E3 impressions were kind of bad, so I'm holding on this one, but I had high hopes for it, and I'd pick it up in a second if it can get decent reviews.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »
I played this at E3 and got in a couple arguments with other staffers about it.  

Many people hated the demo.

It had very basic graphics and VERY floaty physics.  There wasn't really a game there either.

I was told by one of the reps that the game's creators were inspired by Katamari.  After hearing that a lot of it made more sense.  They are trying to achieve this world where EVERYTHING can be moved around.  As you move these items, elebits pop out for you to collect.  With such an ambitious goal it's understandable that the graphics are lacking.  The physics was weird too, but I bet that will be tuned more before release.  In my opinion actually using the controller to grab and throw items around was a lot of fun.

In short, the demo was a very entertaining sandbox to play in but the actual game mechanics were still very early.  I think this game could end up being very good as long as they don't just rush it out as a launch title.  If I were you, I would hope that this game comes out sometime in 2007 so they have more time to clean it up.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »
I more or less liked the fact of just picking things up and throwing them around, trying to find the little creatures seems kinda neat, but I really just want to thrash the house.

Makes me think of a new game idea, I'll have to post it sometime

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »
I have no idea who Pale got in "arguments" with about this game, but needless to say it is an intriguing concept with absolutely zero substance, at least in the demo shown. Expect a preview with all available details compiled and posted soon.  
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 03:06:14 PM »
Elebits > Viva Pinata

mark my words

Mark them

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
They're kind of very different games ShyGuy...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
Don't get all reasonable on me now!

It's Wii new cute characters IP vs. 360 new cute characters IP.

I will have my console war, and it will be bloody

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 07:15:42 PM »
oh... alright then.  
---------------------

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »
The more I hear about this game the more excited I get.  The new IGN previews make it sound unbelievable.

Not long ago people got excited when games like shenmue promised being able to pick up and interact with everything and none of these games actually pulled through with the promise.  Now here is a game where literally everything seems interactive and the remote takes it to another level.  Why is noone else hyping this game?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 11:50:18 AM »
Cuz it's not dark nor online?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »
The latest video is kind of interesting, the physics look like they may have improved, but I'm still not sure where the "game" is.  I'm intrigued anyway.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
I really like the multi-player part of it they added.

The point of the game is to collect these little things, elebits, they are hiding everywhere so you basically have to try and tear everything up to find them.

I'm sure with the multi-player it's gonna be a sort of "party mode" at least I hope they add that. Everyone in one room trying to collect as many elebits as you can withen the time limit. Should make for some interesting times!

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 12:57:31 PM »
I like a lot of the new features.  As you gain more elebits you can lift heavier objects and power objects like lights and microwaves.  I especially like the small puzzles to get more elebits, for example once you can power the microwave putting in the popcorn will cause the elebits to leave the bag and throwing the basketball through the hoop releases more hidden elebits.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 12:09:32 AM »
Just got done watching a video of it at Gonintendo.com. The game looks like a blast, and definately a unique experience. What imrpessed me the most was the slight wrist movements it took to aim. I think Konami should give up their secret because the controls for that game would be perfect for a FPS!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 01:05:48 AM »
"Elebits is perhaps smarter than you think. There are puzzles that lay hidden within these environments. You're not merely picking up stuff and throwing it around to look for critters - although, yes, that is a big part of it. In some cases, you can only find the Elebits by first solving a mini-puzzle. For instance, you can eventually use your gun to open the microwave's door, at which point you can grab some nearby popcorn and hurl it in there, whereupon it cooks and shoots Elebits out. You also have to cook a turkey and toast some bread in a similar manner."

- From a particularly promising sounding Hands-On Report from IGN:  http://wii.ign.com/articles/727/727755p1.html  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006, 01:37:59 AM »
Not sure if you guys knew this or not but Gamestop.com is giving away a free Elebits plushy with preorders. I'm definately preordering one .

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B230033A
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 08:50:52 AM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
Not sure if you guys knew this or not but Gamestop.com is giving away a free Elebits plushy with preorders. I'm definately preordering one .

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B230033A

SWEEETTTTT....me thinks it's time to start a new thread!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 11:25:20 PM »
I am getting more excited about this game as I find out more about it. Gonna try and pick it up at launch now!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 07:24:17 AM »
THROW EVERYTHING

CROSS THY STREAMS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k