Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 350270 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »
You know who should be in there.  Strider from Capcom.  He be very much like Snake in that he's more "realistic" then the Nintendo characters and would be different but I can see him still fitting in.  His original games were on the NES so theres the link.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2006, 06:58:31 PM »
Ceric:  Congrats on remembering another interesting classic character.  Strider was a really interesting character.  His original game was his best...but a Smash Revisit could be cool.  Specially with him hanging underneath platforms and such.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
I really want motion controls, and I hope that things are just as precise with the wiimote (I think Wavedashing and L cancelling will both be controlled on the nunchuck, jump w/ dpad, which may make SHFFLing a little harder..)

I'll probably end up using my smash controller ( I bought a cube controller specifically for smash; it's just easier that way)
I'll shut up now...

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »
For some reason, I just though of Diddy Kong swinging around throwing bananas and slapping faces.

On the control system: there are only a few elements of the game that could be implemented with motion sensoring. I'm talking about waving upwards for jumps, and left or right for a shortcut to A attacks. Many other parts of SSBB would be too complicated to use motion control.  
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »
left or right would be short cuts for smashes, not a-attacks. a-attacks are supposed to happen quickly.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

On the control system: there are only a few elements of the game that could be implemented with motion censoring
Censoring obscene gestures?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2006, 08:22:34 PM »
Silence! I know what I meant.

Kairon: if A-attacks are meant to happen quickly, then you could move the Wiimote quickly. Smashes would be like a baseball hit.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #582 on: June 22, 2006, 04:24:52 AM »
Ok.  I was on the Nintendo Smash Brothers boards and somebody mentioned a Pokemon that I think needs to replace Jigglypuff or be added in addition too.

Meowth.  This character would be a great villian character against Pikachu, and has a long history and character recognition because of his role in the cartoon show.  Furthermore, I believe alot of fun moves could be created for him.

But...to bring up more conversation and fun for Smash Brothers I pose 2 more questions:

1)What characters do you NOT want to see in Smash Brothers?  Lets limit it to Nintendo characters, and only potential 3rd party characters would likely make it the game.

2)What could Nintendo do to the original gameplay that would completely turn you off to Smash Brothers?

The second question for me is easy.  If Nintendo kept the game the same speed, and also complicated the game more by adding more moves, types of Smashes, and additionally complicated controls I would be turned off from the game.  I agree with Nintendo when they say the game needs to be made simplier from the Melee design.  I don't mean that moves should be lost, but the complexity of the game made Melee less fun than the original.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 22, 2006, 06:14:40 AM »
OH NO YOU DIDN'T SAY TO REPLACE JIGGLYPUFF!!!    I hate you if you are sincere.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 22, 2006, 06:18:05 AM »
2) Cards.  Anything doing with Cards and actual gameplay.
1) The Whale Pokemon.  Any of the people from Delphino Island.  In fact most of the supporting cast in Mario, read as get killed.  Metriod.  I'm sure theres more.  Sodapopiski.

I do want the Eggplant Wizard in there.  I also like to see the guy from Quest 64 and his CinnamonBun of Power.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 22, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »

1)What characters do you NOT want to see in Smash Brothers? Lets limit it to Nintendo characters, and only potential 3rd party characters would likely make it the game.
I'd be slightly upset if Birdo made the cut.  (S)he doesn't belong.  Neither does Ridley.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #586 on: June 22, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »
1)

For me I don't want alot of support characters are becoming main characters in the game.  I would like strongly recognizable heros and then a villian for each universe.  Zelda/Gannondorf (or better Gannon) Mario/Bowser Star Fox/(Star Wolf)

I don't want every single character from Metroid in there.  I don't want tons of characters that really just don't belong.

I should make flash cards with the Mega Man bosses. Then when I have a kid, s/he'll go into kindergarten already knowing all the Robot Masters and which games they came from. - JonLeung

Vudu I love your quote.

Jon:  I would totally do this.  Two sets.  One for pictures and names.  Another Set which tells which weapons work for which robots.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #587 on: June 22, 2006, 10:56:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-SpangZelda/Gannondorf (or better Gannon)

Ganondorf > Ganon

Although in a perfect world, Ganondorf's special (or whatever they are calling the symbol moves) would be to transform into Ganon.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 22, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »
Ganon/Ganondorf should be a Sheik/Zelda clone!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #589 on: June 22, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
I always figured Gannondorf and Ganon should be the same character, but his transformation takes place from the amount of damage he has taken.

Like if you are able to keep Gannondorf whom is a middle-heavy weight fighter/magician alive up till you have taken 150% damage he turns into Ganon.  A super heavy fighter in the vain of Bowser.  

It would make Gannondorf a very scary opponent, because giving him too much damage will actually beef him up and make him more dangerous.  

At the same time once he is Ganon he can grab hearts and such and stay as Ganon.  

This would allow us to have two characters in one.  Create a very unique fighter, and a very scary fighter to deal with in the realm of Smash Brothers.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2006, 02:47:04 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
1)

For me I don't want alot of support characters are becoming main characters in the game.  I would like strongly recognizable heros and then a villian for each universe.  Zelda/Gannondorf (or better Gannon) Mario/Bowser Star Fox/(Star Wolf)

I don't want every single character from Metroid in there.  I don't want tons of characters that really just don't belong.

I should make flash cards with the Mega Man bosses. Then when I have a kid, s/he'll go into kindergarten already knowing all the Robot Masters and which games they came from. - JonLeung

Vudu I love your quote.

Jon:  I would totally do this.  Two sets.  One for pictures and names.  Another Set which tells which weapons work for which robots.

#1 offense
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2006, 07:55:32 PM »
Wow, is that Nintendo's "Do not dilute our trademark" website? Getting angry over a freaking article? WTF?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »
Technically, I was referancing my memory of the original Zelda Title Screen which the author himself says referencing that is ok.  (Though he should probably say you get a warning.)

So I do not believe I am a noob that should get gannon-banned for remembering a spell which was Nintendo's original mistake.

So I will settle for a Gannon-Warning instead.  

But thank you for playing.

I do like how you went through all that time to put up the link for a joke...yet nobody has commented on my idea.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »

8. Claiming their is a Fourth Triforce Piece in the official series:
I think misspelling there is a bigger offense than misspelling Moblin.  But that's just me.

Also, calling Link Zelda should be number one.  No question about it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2006, 09:14:21 AM »
Yes that is an interesting idea.  Ganon is fat and not very mobile.  Should do original pig Ganon.  In fact when you smash out you should be a pig when they show you coming towards the screen.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2006, 12:14:40 PM »
Ganon should be the slowest charactor in the game if he's in.  I mean so slow that if he's running he'd be moving at the same speed as Bowsers normal walk.  But his advantage would be his A attacks with his trident would have a longer range then any other weapon on the game, plus he could create his fire bats for a great long range attack.

This would be a great way to balance him out.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2006, 12:21:42 PM »
Luigi Dude:  Interesting.  I still picture Bowser being the slowest, and the ulimate beat stick.  

I want Ganon to be a close second, though.  His Trident would be great.  I would love to see him be able to Throw the Trident like a boomerang, and have another special where you can throw it actually control the direction it goes much like NES can.  However, you can also do the command again and warp to where ever the Trident is an catch it.

I think another cool move would be to see him engulfed in a firey flame shaped like a bat or something.  Or that could be his super special...and Bats could be seeking projectiles, and can be swatted away to go mess with another combatant.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »
The Trident boomerang would be a great idea.  I think a good moveset for Ganon could go like this.

B (Fire Bats)  For this move he'll spin his Trident and Fire Bats will start appearing.  The longer you hold B the more bats will appear and when you release B they'll go flying around in the direction your facing.

Forward B (Trident Boomerang)

Up B (Bat Transformation)  His ability to turn into some type of bat would work great for a third jump.

Hmm, the only thing I cant quite think of is what a good Down B move would be.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 24, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »
Ok. "Trident Boomerang"  Wheres the basis for that?  Last time I checked Tridents where just thrown or used for stabbing.  The only way they be coming back is by magic will, walking over and picking it up, or bring it back by a chain.  Then it be straight back.  No boomeranging effect.  This looks like typecasting to me.  Since he's from the Zelda universe he must have some variation of everyone's favorite weapon.  But I might not have gotten to that form of Ganon.  Also three words Magical Ball stuffy.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Ok. "Trident Boomerang"  Wheres the basis for that?

Someone needs to beat A Link to the Past...

Anyway, if Ganondorf was going to change into Ganon at all, I would prefer it to be his "Ocarina form" just to keep the character uniform.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk