Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 350231 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2006, 07:38:40 AM »
the question is....which route will they take with Mega Man?? i'd love to see him in Brawl but i would be much happier if it was Mega Man X. sadly though i see plain ol' Mega Man making it.

either way, imagine watching Mega Man grab snake, charge up his buster and blast them in a direction as his throw....
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2006, 07:59:12 AM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
According to a recent update to the Japanese Smash Bros website, Sakurai says that for third party charactors, expect only 1-2 more.  He also said the third party charactors MUST have appeared on a Nintendo system.

So that means we shouldn't worry about them getting out of hand with third party charactors.

I was kind of hoping for three more:

Sonic, Megaman and Bomberman... but I'm just glad that they won't be going overboard with it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2006, 08:14:38 AM »
EasyCure:  There is only one Mega Man.  Mega Man X is the worst example of trying to make a character cool.  It was completely unneccessary.

Although the Mega Man X games a fun and enjoyable, I don't consider them to be true Mega Man games because of the changes they made to the universe.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2006, 08:17:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
EasyCure:  There is only one Mega Man.  Mega Man X is the worst example of trying to make a character cool.  It was completely unneccessary.

Although the Mega Man X games a fun and enjoyable, I don't consider them to be true Mega Man games because of the changes they made to the universe.

I actually thought X was a great idea, setting it in the future after Light was long dead. It did not feel like a shoehorned concept unlike stuff like Shadow... also, robot animals > robot men.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »
Arbok:  I would have been fine with the concept if they didn't quit making the original games.

Or if they kept the original Mega Man design and had the animal robots.  

I used to think the animal robots were cooler, until I began to look at the original designs and I loved Cut Man, Guts Man and stuff.

The New PSP Mega Man game really does a great job capturing the Mega Man feel and universe.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2006, 09:28:11 AM »
even with the big heads??

i love both series (mega man and the X series....that other stuff can go to hell). mega man 2 was actually the first game i ever beat at the age of four. the only problem i have is that they never made a game that bridged the two stories together. to this day there are people out there with theories defending them as different mega mans in completely different universes (some how they forget that dr. light gives X his power ups...) and others that try to tie the two together some how with some creative stories.

i thought 7 and 8 were both craptacular mega man games after i played them. i was so dissapointed because i thought they would both be something new and fresh on their new consoles, but they weren't. thats when i decided i liked the X series better, its story was intruiging. as a fan though i hate the fact that there is no official story to link the two series together, just a few vague hints and such. then to see mega man "shoe horned" into games like Legends and Battle Network was a complete slap in the face. to make those efforts, and their sequels, over giving the die hard mega man fans a TRUE mega man game is an insult.

by the way, with X they werent trying to make him cool. mega man was always cool
i know what you're trying to say though. i dont think they tried to change his appearance to make him seem cooler in the eyes or older gamers or anything like that, the way they tried to make Shadow the COOL XTREME version of sonic or anything. i always felt Xs design was fitting for the game world he was in. it wasnt the same world as Mega Man anymore. it wasnt a time when robots of his calibur were new and designed to do jobs humans couldn't do. the X series was about later in the future after robots evolved and co-existed with humans as a race and going berserk due to a virus not some evil scientist trying to rule the world. the universe created was meant to be a darker one so a slight change in appearance to mega man was justified by that. dont blame him cuz he happened to look more bad as then the original mega man did. after all mega man was never built to be a fighting robot, it was a choice he made. if we are to believe x is an upgraded Rock, then a sleeker build would be justified if it were more battle ready.....but now im just showing my mega man geek colors so i'll stop right there.  
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 26, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Luigi Dude:  If all they have is Sonic and MegaMan I would be completely happen.  Those are the only two 3rd party characters I feel NEED to be in Smash Brothers.

They should also add Pacman, but not as a playable character. He should be more like an un-manned hammer that will chomp anything in his path for about 10 seconds. Bomberman should also be included in there somehere as a playable character.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 26, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »
I felt the same way as Spak-Spang when Mega Man X was introduced.  I'm more friendly to the character now, but at the time I was like, "What did you do to Mega Man, you beeotches?"  Only I didn't say it like a cliche forum response from 2005.

I want to see Simon Belmont, Mega Man in either form, and Sonic...who technically appeared on a Nintendo system, but he's the one I'd be most willing to drop.

P.S. Continuing on my stupid costume rants, Mega Man could be offered in both X and classic flavours via a costume.   Their moves are pretty similar anyway.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

P.S. Continuing on my stupid costume rants, Mega Man could be offered in both X and classic flavours via a costume.   Their moves are pretty similar anyway.

I agree, but how about his Legends(Dash) and EXE costume as well.  Charactors were given four different color choices for their costumes in Melee.  If they go with different costumes for Brawl then it'd work perfect for Megaman since there's four different Megaman series.  This way anyone could play as the Megaman from either Classic, X, Legends, or EXE so all fans are happy.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #409 on: May 26, 2006, 11:01:34 AM »
I just hate making something look cool to look cool.  Look at what they did with the upcoming Xbox Bomberman.  

It looks stupid.

I still feel the same about Mega Man X.  It just appears that my took all the charm out of it and made it look modern.  It's like if they took Astroboy and decided to grow him up because a new market couldn't handle the classic Astroboy character design.

Mega Man 8 I thought was a wonderful game...but I do not understand why they won't allow Mega Man to learn to shoot diagonial.  I know they want to maintain the classic play style, but I believe that would open up so many doors and possiblities for Mega Man in the future.

Mega Man and Sonic are musts for the Smash Brothers Franchise...then perhaps Bomberman would be great.  Simon Belmont could be very cool, but I don't think he has the fanbase following anymore, since new Castlevanias always have a new Belmont character.  

Couchmonkey:  I agree I would most likely drop Sonic too.  The more I think about how Sonic would play in Smash Brothers, the less interested I get in his character.  He just doesn't feel like he would fit, at all.

Finally, EasyCure:  The bigheads work great for Mega Man.  The style of Mega Man has always been very whimsical.  The big heads are a great why to create more personality within each character.  It worked pretty darn good.  I am most jealous of PSP getting that game than anyother game they have.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »
Capcom has been really jerk-ish to Ninty as of late, so they can take Mega Man and shove him up their respective you-know-what...(It doesn't help that I'm an avid Mega Man hater...)  I personally see Sonic for sure, and I like the idea of Bomberman though his moves seem limited...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
Bill this is one of the few times I am disagreeing with you.

Yeah, Capcom hasn't been hand in hand with Nintendo.

But hating on Mega Man.  His games are repetitive but such a classic character and the original game design is brilliant.  Capcom just stopped evolving the franchise.

I personally think a Mega Man game in the tradition of Metroid would be great.  Metroid is great for a dark, mysterious atmosphere that is often times awe-inspiring.  Castlevania has made a moody gothic Metroid time experience.  Mega Man could be the whimsical light hearted version of the game, and be filled with vivid and brilliant characters.

So, why hate Mega Man?

Though, I am glad we agree that Bomberman would rock, and wind waker Link.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
(Well to be honest, I'm not a Castlevania fan either...And I like 2D Metroid only in small doses...  I just don't find (and never found) the Mega Man series compelling...)

The one third-party item that absolutely needs to be in the game is the KANGAROOS from Bomberman...Or possibly even make the Kangaroo a "transformation" move of Bomberman's, which could be interesting...  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2006, 12:43:39 PM »
Well I guess that is fair...if you just aren't compelled by the game design...you aren't compelled.

*LOL*  Kangaroos from Bomberman would be wierd...but that reminded me of something similar to that idea they could do.

The Mario 3 Boot would be a fantastic item.  I wish I knew that Japanese site to give suggestions because I would definately throw that in.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
KURIBO'S SHOE!

It's the only thing that was missing from New Super Mario Brothers, and it would be the ultimate SSB item!  On the item note, I also think there should be more enemies that appear during play...Enemies appear in Melee, but they show up way too uncommonly, so it'd be nice if they added enemies as an "item choice" in the Item select menu...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2006, 12:52:37 PM »
Bill:  I like the enemy idea.  And they could make them character specific.  For the most part.

Some levels won't have enemies, but that is ok...just the idea of fighting and smash goombas in the middle of the battle would rock.  Or collecting a red turtle shell from an actual Koopa instead of just opening an item box would be cool.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2006, 01:56:49 PM »
This thread is broken.

No amount of scotch tape will fix it.

Mega Man X was an all-around quality game and concept when it came out.  We all know it's a dead franchise now.  We all saw Sonic died as soon as the 2nd game came out, cuz anything more added simply broke the series.

GO SHADOW AND GUNS AND CARS
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2006, 01:59:57 PM »
SONIC AND KNUCKLES WAS GOOD
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2006, 02:03:33 PM »
"We all saw Sonic died as soon as the 2nd game came out, cuz anything more added simply broke the series."

You mean Sonic the Hedgehog 2?  I think that game's awesome.  In my mind Sonic died with Sonic 3D Blast.  Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic CD are essential.

With Mega Man I consider the essential titles to be Mega Man 1-3 and Mega Man X.  Everything else is meh.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2006, 02:08:10 PM »
I want them to take as long as it takes to get this game to perfection. Not another rush-job like Melee.

As for 3rd party, Sonic, Megaman, and/or Simon Belmont. With Megaman, Simon and Kid Icarus together, they have the whole Captain N lineup completed (minus the non-VG characters which appeared in the series and the villains).
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2006, 02:09:45 PM »
I want Simon Belmont and Sonic as third party characters, Ive never played a megaman game so I dont care for him. There has been more castlevanias than metal gear games in nintendo consoles, simon has to be there. And sonic well its sonic.

But more important, please Nintendo, get Skull Kid and Olimar!!

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »
"Ive never played a megaman game"

Wha?  Really?  Looks like someone's got some Virtual Console homework to do.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »
Question is, WHICH Mega Man are we talking about here? Haven't there been several over the years?
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »
Oh hello OPINIONS.

KING HIPPO MUST BE A PLAYABLE CHARACTER.

Eggplant Wizard can be a barrel/box surprise like the goombas and redeads.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2006, 09:59:32 PM »
if mega man does end up in this game or another Smash Bros game, i wouldn't mind if they used mega man or mega man x. the only ones i cant stand are the different iterations he's had after those two series.

mega man/ mega man x > legends + EXE + mega man Zero (though this mega man was better than the EXE mega man)

and how come now one has suggest Zero (from mega man X and not mega man zero)!??!?!