Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 350284 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #375 on: May 24, 2006, 06:55:31 PM »
I'm glad what I was hoping for rings true with Samus...We didn't really need two separate characters...

It also adds a whole new strategetic angle to the character...It's perfect!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #376 on: May 24, 2006, 06:58:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I'm glad what I was hoping for rings true with Samus...We didn't really need two separate characters...

I'm actually happy about that too, and hope that Dr. Mario, as a seperate character, gets the axe as well so it goes back to each character being a unique person.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 24, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Anyway, I'm totally into the hot new Zero Suit pics.  WORK THAT ASS SAMUS

If you found those pics HOT!!!, wait till you see this shot of ZERO suit Samus.

I think she was trying out for an appearance in DOAX Beach Volleyball 2

Offline Hocotate

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:05 PM »
I think Samus will turn into ZS-Samus after doing her super. I wouldn't mind if she automatically transformed after hitting 150% or something, but I'd prefer to have a choice if I wanted to transform or not.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 24, 2006, 08:23:11 PM »
Conversation with my younger bro:

Kairon:  What a beauty...
Kairon:  Beauty Shot
TheScarletGem:  volleyball plz
Kairon:  Her "gunsaber" is refered to by the game's director as a, and I quote, "whip"
Kairon:  happy now?
TheScarletGem:  Who says Nintendo doesn't make mature games?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 24, 2006, 08:37:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok I wasn't even talking about that in my last post. I was simply pointing out that Roy was NOT placed in SSB:M because he was going to be in the first Fire Emblem game to hit US shores, as it was a false statement and part of the reason the US even got FE games was on account of Melee.

I heard rumors that his was supposed to be the first FE game brought to the US but it never made it, but like I said, that has zero bearing on which characters get the axe.

I could see keeping Marth as a nostalgia character (because that's important as well), but I fully expect Roy to be gone.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 24, 2006, 09:53:15 PM »
I think it would be really interesting to have the game constantly updated online. They could keep adding new characters, maps, items, trophies(?) and could take time to balance everything out. Especially considering Sakurai's obsession with detail and balance, I wouldn't doubt that its possible.
"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #382 on: May 24, 2006, 09:58:35 PM »
I really doubt no characters will be added. Mainly because, what will the next game's selling point be if not new characters?

New costumes, levels, trophies, single player challenges, would all be nice.

Though what I really want - not that this is all that related to WiiConnect24 - is worldwide tournements that are open to anybody.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 24, 2006, 10:08:39 PM »
Tournies would be crazy cool.  If they can get the netcode up to spec, that would just be off the hook.

The more I think about it though, the the more I become undecided about Samus having split characters.  I mean, I like the idea of having different fighting styles, but it's not like you can quickly switch back and forth between them anyway.  Samus' suit isn't pansy.  Samus' suit is butch.  Samus' suit shouldn't get blown up each time she fires a power shot.  I mean, I'm really, really stoked about have "Zamus" but not at the cost of my currently much beloved heroine.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »
Plus that would mean everyone's version of Smash Bros will be different depending on where and when they have internet connection. Not something I want in Smash Bros, i'd rather they get it right the first time, like SSBM.

Also, I agree with Matt. I think the Samus' should be different characters.

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 24, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »
Yea I think those type of tournaments are a must and I'm sure the whole online system for the game will be much much more in depth than "friend codes".
"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 24, 2006, 11:11:18 PM »
Thinking about it more, and I've changed my opinion.  IF, and only if, certain circumstances come to pass.  Every/most characters have move altering power ups like this does to Samus, or getting the Smash Ball again gives Samus her armor back.  Zero Suit Samus would then essentially be here super power.  I could live with that.  I would still prefer having two character slots, but eh, if I had to I'd be fine with this.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2006, 11:43:34 PM »
Don't be surprised if online play is pretty limited in this version of SSBB, I expect Nintendo to go for more money and offer up a SSBB Tournament edition about a year later with full online capabilities and a few extra characters.

Thats not what I want to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became fact.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 24, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »
I'm anticipating a Fall '07 release... and I'd certainly hope that they got 4-player brawls worked out by then!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 25, 2006, 12:38:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
I'm anticipating a Fall '07 release... and I'd certainly hope that they got 4-player brawls worked out by then!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Uh... A YEAR after the Wii launches, when the game was originally supposed to be a launch title? Somehow, I don't think so. April at the absolute latest.

Also, it's official, Samus is the best character in the game. Standard Samus is pretty high tiered, and with her speed, Zero Suit Samus will probably be even higher.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
Don't be surprised if online play is pretty limited in this version of SSBB, I expect Nintendo to go for more money and offer up a SSBB Tournament edition about a year later with full online capabilities and a few extra characters.

Thats not what I want to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it became fact.

SSBB is being made by Nintendo, not Capcom.  If the onlines limited they'll fix it up for the Smash Bros game for their next console which will be years later.  Nintendo handles most of it's series very well in how sequels go.  Smash Bros has gotten the Mario Kart treatment where there's only one per system.  

So they'll be no

SSBB Tournament Edition
SSBB Turbo
Super SSBB
Super SSBB Turbo
Hyper Super Mega Ultimate SSBB Amazing Grand Turbo Nobody Cares Anymore Edition  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo

Originally posted by: Kairon

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Uh... A YEAR after the Wii launches, when the game was originally supposed to be a launch title? Somehow, I don't think so. April at the absolute latest.

Nintendo said sometime in '07, they did NOT say "early '07" just '07, so I'm going to assume a year after launch. Besides, Mario will hit 6 months after release, so that spots already taken in my mind...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 25, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »
SSBB will be pushed to fall 07 so it can be the AAA holiday title. Personally, I hope Animal Crossing Wiild World is '07 too

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2006, 11:54:20 AM »
I think Nintendo waiting on this for November 2007 is the best plan yet.  It gives a full year of work to really perfect the game, and add as much stuff to it as possible.

Besides The launch already has a great lineup of games, and I am pretty positive that Mario Galaxy will be the big March (Spring) release for the Wii.  And the big summer game could be any number of games.  By then Project H.A.M.M.E.R or Day of Destruction (whatever it is called) could be ready for release.  

EA probably will have an exclusive version of SSX for the system as well sometime by Summer.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2006, 11:58:55 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
I think Nintendo waiting on this for November 2007 is the best plan yet.  It gives a full year of work to really perfect the game, and add as much stuff to it as possible.

I fully agree. I want this game more than anything, I'd buy a Wii if this was the only game on it... but this will likely be the only SSB we get this generation, and considering that Melee was the game I played the most, even today, on my Cube I want them to nail this to perfection; I want this to be the best game it can be, as I know, especially with online, I will be playing it way more than anything else.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »
Arbok:  I think even Nintendo fully understands the importance of this game.

Look at the expenses they have already developed for the game.  They are huge.  But they were also wise in giving precious source code for Melee to the development team to help cut programing time.  

I believe this game could be right go WITHOUT online play by Summer...if everything goes well.  Which means, I believe they will have a couple of months to really nail down online multiplayer.  

What I expect to happen is they will get 4 player Wifi battles, but you will have limited items to use during the match.  I would guess the Pokemon items would be dropped, and a few of the other larger explosive items.  I also expect that online levels will be limited to more stationary levels and won't be the vastly interactive moving levels.  Which is fine with me actually.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2006, 01:09:03 PM »
I want it to launch whenever it's ready, though I hope that will be sooner rather than later.  I really feel Nintendo ought to flood the system with games in the first few months next year.  My preference would be one first-party game per month.  This system needs to be irresistable.

Anyhoo, I'm glad to see Zero Suit Samus is part of the ordinary Samus character, but I agree that the player should have some control over when she changes.  This makes me wonder, will Zelda still turn into Sheik?  Presumably Sheik isn't in Twilight Princess...

I'd like to see alternative costumes for characters.  I think I mentioned that with Dr. Mario, but I was thinking about some more possibilities yesterday and I got pretty excited about it.  How about NES Open Tournament Golf outfits for Mario and Luigi?  Better yet, for Peach?  Miniskirt Get!  Different versions of Samus' armour.  Link wearing tunics based on Ocarina and The Adventures of Link.  Mario in his Sunshine shirt and sunglasses.  Ganondorf wearing the flowing robes from Wind Waker.  It's not a really huge idea or anything, I just think it would be a fun addition, similar to what some other fighting games offer.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 25, 2006, 02:21:48 PM »
Yeah - skins.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2006, 12:18:05 AM »
According to a recent update to the Japanese Smash Bros website, Sakurai says that for third party charactors, expect only 1-2 more.  He also said the third party charactors MUST have appeared on a Nintendo system.

So that means we shouldn't worry about them getting out of hand with third party charactors.

If there's going to be only two more third party charactor, Sonic and Megaman seem to be the most obvious to me.  Both charactors have appeared on Nintendo consoles and both charactors have a long history and are considered icons.  Plus it's been my dream to have a game with Mario, Sonic and Megaman together in it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2006, 05:12:14 AM »
Luigi Dude:  If all they have is Sonic and MegaMan I would be completely happen.  Those are the only two 3rd party characters I feel NEED to be in Smash Brothers.