Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 16411 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
World Cup
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I wakeup at (at least) 9:00 every day just to watch the game.

So far, there have been som exciting matches (especially Ivory Coast vs. Argentina), but you know it's going to get MUCH better. I hope there are some football (seriously, why is American football called football) fans out there doing the same sh!t I'm doing.

You know its weird, Ivory Coast stopped the Civil War, to gather as a country and cheer for their team in the World Cup.

Football (mainly the World Cup) has the power to stop wars and predujice. Simply Amazing.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 11:06:43 PM »
And yet America care more about a game that was designed around commercial breaks.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:17:29 AM »
I plan to stay up most nights to watch games. However the most I'll do are the 10pm and 1am starts. 4am is too much unless Italy or Australia are playing. I love the World Cup.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:35 AM »
Yeah over here the matches start pretty damn late. I'm going to watch every single Australia match no matter what, and maybe a few really late ones if I feel like it. For the first round though i'm pretty much just interested in Australia, then i'll watch more of the matches when the knockout stages start. GO AUSTRALIA!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »
since we didn't qualify because we lost to Australia (no comments), I'm not really following it.....

although I'd be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY happy if Argentina lost to Nederland (and later on, disqualified.......and if they have a match against England and lose, that would be a very nice bonus ^^)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
Wow a Uruguayan on the boards! I feel sort of sorry for you guys, missing out on penalties must hurt bad.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:World Cup
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 06:18:34 PM »

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps
Wow a Uruguayan on the boards! I feel sort of sorry for you guys, missing out on penalties must hurt bad.
no comments! ¬¬

anyways, last time it was similar and we won.....and later screwed up badly, so let's hope Australia doesn't (although most people here only wishes for the aussie team to crash and burn ^^Uu)

edit: typo fixed
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:56:06 PM »
I don't really have a team I'm rooting for. I usually go on from match to match, looking at the team's playing style and cheering for the team that has more heart.

However, once the actually tournament starts, I'll choose my team based on their previous performances and nothing else. Ok, I lied....Brasil gets no love from me.

Rooting for the Underdog is where it's at in Football. Nothing is better than seeing a huge upset in the world's most prestigest (sp?) tournament.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 07:33:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps
no comments! ¬¬

anyways, last time it was similar and we won.....and later screwed up badly, so let's hope Australia doesn't (although most people here only wishes for the aussie team to crash and burn ^^Uu)

edit: typo fixed

LOL. Hey man, we had to make it in SOMEHOW this year, with our team finally shaping up real good, Uruguay was just the casualty. I remember actually wanting Uruguay to win 4 years ago, because if they lost straight away it would make our team look even worse, and even though I hated them on the day they beat us, I had respect for them afterwards.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
LOL. Hey man, we had to make it in SOMEHOW this year, with our team finally shaping up real good, Uruguay was just the casualty. I remember actually wanting Uruguay to win 4 years ago, because if they lost straight away it would make our team look even worse, and even though I hated them on the day they beat us, I had respect for them afterwards.
sure, I'm actually one of those who actually believes that Australia deserved it a lot more than us (less than stellar play last cup and such).....

you lnow, change Australia<-->Uruguay, now<-->then in your post, and it's pretty much my feelings
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
Japan vs. Australia in about 7 hours.

Speaking of Australia, does anybody who is not from Australia like an Australian accent on girls? What I mean is, a girl who has an english accent, or even a spanish accent (most things non-North America), is very attractive. The reason I ask is because I am meeting up with one of my friend's friends at some point and she happens to be from Sydney. I was just wondering what to expect since I've never heard the accent in person -- on a girl that is.  
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »
Personally it's my favourite accent on a girl though you could say i'm obviously biased. However it depends on the woman, and it can vary greatly, the girls with the reaaaally strong thick australia accents who swear a lot, they really turn me off.

On topic again! The biggest game Australia has ever played in the last 30 years is just 6 hours away now! I predict 3-1 Aus to win.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 10:11:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've heard a girl speaking in an Austrailian accent before, somewhere, because I can picture it in my head. I wouldn't call it unattractive...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »
I reckon the Aussies will win 2-0. Ole ole ole ole....

In South Australia the accent isn't as thick but it is hot, hot, hot!

Anyway, ole ole ole ole...

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:21:39 AM »
I have a cold and will probably fall asleep as soon as I close my eyes, but I am hoping to stay away long enough to see Asutralia win. I can't say I like soccer, but I guess the World Cup is pretty awesome.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 04:29:30 AM »
I'm rooting for the BGS.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 05:55:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Personally it's my favourite accent on a girl though you could say i'm obviously biased. However it depends on the woman, and it can vary greatly, the girls with the reaaaally strong thick australia accents who swear a lot, they really turn me off.

On topic again! The biggest game Australia has ever played in the last 30 years is just 6 hours away now! I predict 3-1 Aus to win.

Wow...

What a great prediction. Your exactly right, Australia after a terrible first 80 mins of play score 3 f#cking goals to Japan's one. They go on to win their first every world cup match.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:52 AM »
What a win! I'm so pumped! Cahill's goal = goal of the tournament so far. I wouldn't say the first 80 mins were terrible. We controlled the ball, had all the shots. The Japanese goal was very dodgy. At least now Brazil will have to take us seriously.

Now I've only got to stay up for another 3 hours to watch the Italian Stallions.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 06:27:38 AM »
I don't know man. Ever since Japan's goal, Australia played -- well... pretty sh!tty honestly. Japan was moving the ball around nicely, finding the open players, and making the runs. They just couldn't finish it. Overall, Japan out played them.

However, once Australia scored their first goal, they started to actually move around instead of simply chipping into the box from 40 some yards out. They started to make more runs, and make more space in the last 1/3 of the field.

Cahill's goal was marvelous.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 06:56:57 AM »
I hate and loath soccer, so you can imagine how is it for me here. Remember that episode of the Simpsons when they go to Brazil and everyone is crazy about soccer? thats the only part that wasnt exaggerated about latin america in general >_>

I dont understand my fellow country men, we didnt even clasified, yet they are crazy about seeing the damn thing! we have no TV here at work but Im doomed to hear the matches on the radio, at my aunts work, they went as far as to collect money to buy a TV and watch the cup, urgh...

I cant wait for this to end :P
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:36 AM »
Mantidor hates football, hahahahaha, poor fella living in a region of the world that LOVES football. Anyway, I'm rooting for Portugal (I'm one of them in case you didn't know) and Japan. And now that I read that Japan lost against Australia I am kind of dissapointed, but then again I kind of happy that Australia did pretty well albeit a bit sloppy by your descriptions.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 07:33:26 AM »
@mantidor
lol, I'm not a football fan either, but the world cups are the exceptions, as the matches are more interesting ^^
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »
Ok new goal of the tournament, Rosicky for the Czechs. A stunner.  

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »
*Appluads*

An amazing shot only topped by his run from 40-yards out, past the entire defensive line, and finally a perfect chip over the keeper.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
USA was ugly. Italy are a bunch of crybaby drama queens as usual, though they deserved the win. I saw a show on Animal Planet with this Aussie chick who was all about orangutans, and she was totally hot.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »
Yeah the Italians spend more time fixing their hair and rolling around on the ground than actually playing. But I still love them, Forza Italia!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »
GO AUSSIES!

I'm really loving this World Cup, I wanted Togo to win that last match but alas.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Stunning defense from Angola against Mexico today. Even down one man for the last ten minutes, they held onto that tie like it was 30 years out of style.

USA better pull their schtick together tomorrow. Maybe we should pelt them with rotten tomatoes after losses. So they know we at least care enough to hate them.

GO USA! Beat the grease out of those persons of Italian descent! :¬þ
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:37 AM »
OH MY GOD!

GHANA takes their 3 points away from the Czech Republic and cripple them with a red card.

Amazing first goal and overall play by Ghana.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:48 AM »
I gotta give it up to the Aussies for holding their own against Brazil.  Not bad for a country founded by a bunch of convicts.  Kudos.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »
Except Keller. No kudos for you, misser of the open net.

Should we even mention the USA/Italy match? gg all lolz

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
We could have tied that Brazil game, it just didn't want to happen. Looking forward to when we destroy Croatia and make it to the next round. We'll play Brazil again, and won't make the same mistakes again.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »
Togo is almost certainly out, but you never know against France. Saudi Arabia sucking as ever.

Tunisia gets an early goal against Spain, who then come back for a 3-1 win in the second half. Oh yeahz I missed those three goals. :¬|

Back to groups A and B tomorrow (or today for KDR). Should be some good matches fighing for the group leads, and the group not-so-lose.

Offline Fierce_LiNk

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »
During the world cup, i think everybody is excited by it. Even those who are not football fans.

Best match so far, for me anyway, has been the game between Argentina and the ivory coast. Fantastic game.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 11:14:16 PM »
Czech Republic vs. Ghana, anyone?
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »
Yeah, that was a great match. It's a shame I'll have to root against them tomorrow.

Anyone else watch Argentina versus Netherlands? I'm sorry if you did. Worst game of the tournament.

All of Group E is still in contention, with the USA pulling up the rear in points and goal difference. So go USA! *ahem*Go Italy.*/ahem*

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
I expected Argentina to kill Netherlands. Now Portugal faces Netherlands so it's prolly gonna be a tight game.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »
That was the only game I couldn't possibly stay awake for. Granted I was really tired, but damn, worst international game ever.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 07:16:57 AM »
SON OF A BITCH
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »
Same ol', same ol'. Ghana wins a few more international fans.

Should be Ghana versus Brazil in the second round. Go Ghana!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 08:13:28 AM »
HUZZAH!

US played the best I've seen them play this Cup. I appluad them.

However, I was rooting for Ghana all the way. The only African team to make into the 2nd Round!

Hopefully Ghana can pull off an INCREDIBLE upset and defeat Brazil!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
Australia versus Croatia has to be the craziest match so far. 3 red cards, one going against Croatia at the very end of stoppage after Simunic got three yellows. Lots of missed calls also. Congrats to the Aussies though, they played tough and well, with Keller rectifying his performance in the last game.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Yeah absolute joke of a referee for the Australia/Croatia match. BUT WE BLOODY KILLED THEM HAHAHA AUSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Oh that was awesome. Gutsy win by the Aussies but now my heart is torn between them and the Italians in the next game. I knew it would come to this.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »
Did anybody watch the Portugal vs. Netherlands match?

Do they have a Penalty Card quota they have to meet or something?  This match was certainly a meat grinder.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Yup, it certainly was a battlefield. But it was kind of expected, the Dutch wanted revenge and that basically clouded their focus and judgment of game to win. Obviously we (Portuguese) didn't have much to be proud of either, except for that awesome goal. Next is England for us, I hope Scolari yells at the players to have more game integrity, even Figo kind of dissapointed me but then again the dutch were pushing over the limits too right from the beginning on Cristiano Ronaldo. One thing I don't understand is why does every team that plays against Portugal have such fear of us, if they would just put that fear aside and focus on the game and they will win us.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:26 AM »
Australia didn't deserve to lose the way they did.

Hopefully Switzerland(sp?) will win Ukraine, and then they will beat Italy, hopefully.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 03:23:48 PM »
Sorry Aussies. But the Italian red card was a BS call, and to not capitalize on that man advantage the entire match, the loss was well earned. Crap circumstances on the winning goal, but thems is the breaks. Good luck in the future though, your team already looks more promising than the USA's.

Swiss versus Ukraine has now taken the crown for the most boring match. And Swiss's total inability to score has exceeded the USA's loss against the Czechs for supreme awfulness.

There should be some good matches tomorrow with Brazil versus Ghana (go Ghana!) and France versus Spain (go Refs!).

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »
LOL Ghana got tooled.

EDIT:  And hell no, Renny.  The referee absolutely robbed Australia and gave Italy the victory off of a terrible call from an obvious dive.  Italy is now 2 for 2 in matches where they exhibit more drama than ability.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »
Ghana played with heart, and that's all that matters I guess. It's too bad, since they dominated the game.

I was rooting for them the entire time to just score one!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »
It was a dive, but it wasn't the first and as we saw today with France versus Spain, it wasn't the last. If Australia couldn't score a goal with a man advantage for an entire half, they didn't deserve the win. Italy is the one team I don't want to see win anything to be honest, in particular because of their dramatics and tantrums.

USA got screwed, again, but the fact is they just weren't playing as well as Ghana, so they deservedly lost. It's just how it is.

Looks like there should be at least two good matches in the quarters with Germany/Argentina and Brazil/France.

Edit: And congratulations to Ghana for making such a stunning debut in the Cup. I'll be rooting for them in the future (unless they're playing the USA, of course).

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 12:12:22 AM »
Even if Italy deserved to win, it wasn't that way. I'd have liked it to go into extra time and see a real goal scored.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 09:05:23 AM »
Ricardo = Superman

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »
ugh....that game was so boring. For once, I wanted to see a game go into PK's.

Ricardo did an amazing job, though. His performance alone won the game.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 12:31:04 PM »
Brasil lost? Oh well, I wasn't even cheering for France either though.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 02:58:09 PM »
Wow, did you see that goal France kicked in?

Wow.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 08:51:21 PM »
on all seriousness though, Brasil's loss was totally unexpected o_o
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »
And that's what makes soccer so great
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2006, 09:30:05 AM »
Brasil is a team of SuperStars, however if the coach doesn't know how to lead them they will crumble upon their own power.

Brasil had it easy until they played against France so they deserved it, and Ronaldo needs to lose weight btw.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »
Wow, Germany loss.

Another upset!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »
They just gave up after the Italians scored that first goal, and then let them get another one.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2006, 07:22:40 PM »
I don't mind Italy winning(sp?), but it fuckin' took me 2 hours to get home from work when it usually takes me 25 to 35 minutes, they fuckin' concentrated on St.Clair as usual, bastardos! Yes, I'm angry.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2006, 12:44:58 AM »
So anyway I was thinking they should expand the world cup again. This time to 40 teams. They have to do this because the balance is still out of whack with pissweak underpreforming European teams like Serbia, Ukraine and Switzerland being allowed to compete while betters teams from far more awesome nations miss out. Where is Senegal, Uruguay and Vanuatu in this tournament? Nowhere it seems.
Just look at this map

Pathetic.
At the moment we have
4 North American teams
4 Asian teams
5 African teams
14 bloody European teams
and 5 Oceania/South American teams (Australia had to beat the 5th placed South American team for qualification)

With my 40 team world cup, The cup itself is unchanged but now with 5 teams in each pool and again the top 2 going through tot he round of 16.

I propose that 1 Oceaniac team get's immediate entry
2 more Asian teams get entry
1 more South American team
2 more African teams
1 more North American team
and one more European side.

pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2006, 05:37:08 AM »
If some teams didn't make it that's their own fault, don't you think. As for being alot of European teams, I do agree with you that it should be more balanced, however if you are really not happy with it then write (email or letter) your concern to FIFA.

Oh and btw, North-America only had 2 teams, USA and Mexico. North-America is composed of only 3 nations, the 2 I mentioned and Canada. Then you have Central-America, and finally South-America.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2006, 11:43:26 AM »
DAMMIT, FRANCE!!! Way to let the Italians win!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »
Bwuahahahahahahaha! Zidane did a nice header, not really, what an idiot. Congratulations Trezeguet, you played well for Italy.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2006, 12:31:09 PM »
Is it 2010 yet?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2006, 01:06:02 PM »
In South Africa?

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »
Italy played the semi-final so well. What the hell happened in this one? They should've put it away after Zidane's header. A final that will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Funny as it is crazy.

Offline rossi46

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
ITALIA!!  ITALIA!!    Yaaaay!
Korean food is great! : It's the dog's bollocks...

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2006, 04:51:46 PM »
Stupid zidane, way to win for Italy  
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2006, 06:38:24 PM »
I'm so happy, what a night. Forza Italia. Thank you Zidane, really could anyone have predicted that he would be the one to crack? Italy should pay Materazzi lots and lots in bonuses, whatever he said it worked! The Italians were clinical in the shoot out, even though Barthez did really well.

Was anyone else surprised that they substituted Ribery off? He seemed to be full of running, I think that was a bad tactical move. Especially considering his replacement, Trezeguet, was the penalty misser.

Now I must go and eat pasta and celebrate

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2006, 04:48:58 AM »
This is Football, not Baseketball!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2006, 08:51:46 AM »
It's so much bullsh!t what happened to Zidane!

They didn't give him a red card till after they showed the replay on the big screen! That's BULLSH!T!

In soccer, you must rely on the Refs to make the call when the foul happens, not to wait till a replay is shown the give the call accordingly.

Sure Zidane was out of place, but hell, he SHOULD HAVE gotten away with it!

and and

**** ITALY!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer