Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 16512 times)

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: World Cup
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »
Yeah the Italians spend more time fixing their hair and rolling around on the ground than actually playing. But I still love them, Forza Italia!
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »
GO AUSSIES!

I'm really loving this World Cup, I wanted Togo to win that last match but alas.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Stunning defense from Angola against Mexico today. Even down one man for the last ten minutes, they held onto that tie like it was 30 years out of style.

USA better pull their schtick together tomorrow. Maybe we should pelt them with rotten tomatoes after losses. So they know we at least care enough to hate them.

GO USA! Beat the grease out of those persons of Italian descent! :¬þ
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 08:58:37 AM »
OH MY GOD!

GHANA takes their 3 points away from the Czech Republic and cripple them with a red card.

Amazing first goal and overall play by Ghana.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:48 AM »
I gotta give it up to the Aussies for holding their own against Brazil.  Not bad for a country founded by a bunch of convicts.  Kudos.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 08:59:47 AM »
Except Keller. No kudos for you, misser of the open net.

Should we even mention the USA/Italy match? gg all lolz
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »
We could have tied that Brazil game, it just didn't want to happen. Looking forward to when we destroy Croatia and make it to the next round. We'll play Brazil again, and won't make the same mistakes again.

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »
Togo is almost certainly out, but you never know against France. Saudi Arabia sucking as ever.

Tunisia gets an early goal against Spain, who then come back for a 3-1 win in the second half. Oh yeahz I missed those three goals. :¬|

Back to groups A and B tomorrow (or today for KDR). Should be some good matches fighing for the group leads, and the group not-so-lose.

Offline Fierce_LiNk

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »
During the world cup, i think everybody is excited by it. Even those who are not football fans.

Best match so far, for me anyway, has been the game between Argentina and the ivory coast. Fantastic game.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 11:14:16 PM »
Czech Republic vs. Ghana, anyone?
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »
Yeah, that was a great match. It's a shame I'll have to root against them tomorrow.

Anyone else watch Argentina versus Netherlands? I'm sorry if you did. Worst game of the tournament.

All of Group E is still in contention, with the USA pulling up the rear in points and goal difference. So go USA! *ahem*Go Italy.*/ahem*

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
I expected Argentina to kill Netherlands. Now Portugal faces Netherlands so it's prolly gonna be a tight game.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »
That was the only game I couldn't possibly stay awake for. Granted I was really tired, but damn, worst international game ever.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 07:16:57 AM »
SON OF A BITCH
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »
Same ol', same ol'. Ghana wins a few more international fans.

Should be Ghana versus Brazil in the second round. Go Ghana!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 08:13:28 AM »
HUZZAH!

US played the best I've seen them play this Cup. I appluad them.

However, I was rooting for Ghana all the way. The only African team to make into the 2nd Round!

Hopefully Ghana can pull off an INCREDIBLE upset and defeat Brazil!
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
Australia versus Croatia has to be the craziest match so far. 3 red cards, one going against Croatia at the very end of stoppage after Simunic got three yellows. Lots of missed calls also. Congrats to the Aussies though, they played tough and well, with Keller rectifying his performance in the last game.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Yeah absolute joke of a referee for the Australia/Croatia match. BUT WE BLOODY KILLED THEM HAHAHA AUSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Oh that was awesome. Gutsy win by the Aussies but now my heart is torn between them and the Italians in the next game. I knew it would come to this.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
RE:World Cup
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 12:47:51 PM »
Did anybody watch the Portugal vs. Netherlands match?

Do they have a Penalty Card quota they have to meet or something?  This match was certainly a meat grinder.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Yup, it certainly was a battlefield. But it was kind of expected, the Dutch wanted revenge and that basically clouded their focus and judgment of game to win. Obviously we (Portuguese) didn't have much to be proud of either, except for that awesome goal. Next is England for us, I hope Scolari yells at the players to have more game integrity, even Figo kind of dissapointed me but then again the dutch were pushing over the limits too right from the beginning on Cristiano Ronaldo. One thing I don't understand is why does every team that plays against Portugal have such fear of us, if they would just put that fear aside and focus on the game and they will win us.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:26 AM »
Australia didn't deserve to lose the way they did.

Hopefully Switzerland(sp?) will win Ukraine, and then they will beat Italy, hopefully.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
RE:World Cup
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 03:23:48 PM »
Sorry Aussies. But the Italian red card was a BS call, and to not capitalize on that man advantage the entire match, the loss was well earned. Crap circumstances on the winning goal, but thems is the breaks. Good luck in the future though, your team already looks more promising than the USA's.

Swiss versus Ukraine has now taken the crown for the most boring match. And Swiss's total inability to score has exceeded the USA's loss against the Czechs for supreme awfulness.

There should be some good matches tomorrow with Brazil versus Ghana (go Ghana!) and France versus Spain (go Refs!).

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »
LOL Ghana got tooled.

EDIT:  And hell no, Renny.  The referee absolutely robbed Australia and gave Italy the victory off of a terrible call from an obvious dive.  Italy is now 2 for 2 in matches where they exhibit more drama than ability.