Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 16513 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
World Cup
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I wakeup at (at least) 9:00 every day just to watch the game.

So far, there have been som exciting matches (especially Ivory Coast vs. Argentina), but you know it's going to get MUCH better. I hope there are some football (seriously, why is American football called football) fans out there doing the same sh!t I'm doing.

You know its weird, Ivory Coast stopped the Civil War, to gather as a country and cheer for their team in the World Cup.

Football (mainly the World Cup) has the power to stop wars and predujice. Simply Amazing.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE: World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 11:06:43 PM »
And yet America care more about a game that was designed around commercial breaks.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:17:29 AM »
I plan to stay up most nights to watch games. However the most I'll do are the 10pm and 1am starts. 4am is too much unless Italy or Australia are playing. I love the World Cup.  
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:35 AM »
Yeah over here the matches start pretty damn late. I'm going to watch every single Australia match no matter what, and maybe a few really late ones if I feel like it. For the first round though i'm pretty much just interested in Australia, then i'll watch more of the matches when the knockout stages start. GO AUSTRALIA!

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 09:41:26 AM »
since we didn't qualify because we lost to Australia (no comments), I'm not really following it.....

although I'd be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY happy if Argentina lost to Nederland (and later on, disqualified.......and if they have a match against England and lose, that would be a very nice bonus ^^)
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
Wow a Uruguayan on the boards! I feel sort of sorry for you guys, missing out on penalties must hurt bad.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
RE:World Cup
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 06:18:34 PM »

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps
Wow a Uruguayan on the boards! I feel sort of sorry for you guys, missing out on penalties must hurt bad.
no comments! ¬¬

anyways, last time it was similar and we won.....and later screwed up badly, so let's hope Australia doesn't (although most people here only wishes for the aussie team to crash and burn ^^Uu)

edit: typo fixed
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 06:56:06 PM »
I don't really have a team I'm rooting for. I usually go on from match to match, looking at the team's playing style and cheering for the team that has more heart.

However, once the actually tournament starts, I'll choose my team based on their previous performances and nothing else. Ok, I lied....Brasil gets no love from me.

Rooting for the Underdog is where it's at in Football. Nothing is better than seeing a huge upset in the world's most prestigest (sp?) tournament.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 07:33:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Athrun Zala

Originally posted by: blackfootsteps
no comments! ¬¬

anyways, last time it was similar and we won.....and later screwed up badly, so let's hope Australia doesn't (although most people here only wishes for the aussie team to crash and burn ^^Uu)

edit: typo fixed

LOL. Hey man, we had to make it in SOMEHOW this year, with our team finally shaping up real good, Uruguay was just the casualty. I remember actually wanting Uruguay to win 4 years ago, because if they lost straight away it would make our team look even worse, and even though I hated them on the day they beat us, I had respect for them afterwards.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00:54 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
LOL. Hey man, we had to make it in SOMEHOW this year, with our team finally shaping up real good, Uruguay was just the casualty. I remember actually wanting Uruguay to win 4 years ago, because if they lost straight away it would make our team look even worse, and even though I hated them on the day they beat us, I had respect for them afterwards.
sure, I'm actually one of those who actually believes that Australia deserved it a lot more than us (less than stellar play last cup and such).....

you lnow, change Australia<-->Uruguay, now<-->then in your post, and it's pretty much my feelings
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
Japan vs. Australia in about 7 hours.

Speaking of Australia, does anybody who is not from Australia like an Australian accent on girls? What I mean is, a girl who has an english accent, or even a spanish accent (most things non-North America), is very attractive. The reason I ask is because I am meeting up with one of my friend's friends at some point and she happens to be from Sydney. I was just wondering what to expect since I've never heard the accent in person -- on a girl that is.  
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »
Personally it's my favourite accent on a girl though you could say i'm obviously biased. However it depends on the woman, and it can vary greatly, the girls with the reaaaally strong thick australia accents who swear a lot, they really turn me off.

On topic again! The biggest game Australia has ever played in the last 30 years is just 6 hours away now! I predict 3-1 Aus to win.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 10:11:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've heard a girl speaking in an Austrailian accent before, somewhere, because I can picture it in my head. I wouldn't call it unattractive...
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »
I reckon the Aussies will win 2-0. Ole ole ole ole....

In South Australia the accent isn't as thick but it is hot, hot, hot!

Anyway, ole ole ole ole...

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 03:21:39 AM »
I have a cold and will probably fall asleep as soon as I close my eyes, but I am hoping to stay away long enough to see Asutralia win. I can't say I like soccer, but I guess the World Cup is pretty awesome.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 04:29:30 AM »
I'm rooting for the BGS.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 05:55:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Personally it's my favourite accent on a girl though you could say i'm obviously biased. However it depends on the woman, and it can vary greatly, the girls with the reaaaally strong thick australia accents who swear a lot, they really turn me off.

On topic again! The biggest game Australia has ever played in the last 30 years is just 6 hours away now! I predict 3-1 Aus to win.

Wow...

What a great prediction. Your exactly right, Australia after a terrible first 80 mins of play score 3 f#cking goals to Japan's one. They go on to win their first every world cup match.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:52 AM »
What a win! I'm so pumped! Cahill's goal = goal of the tournament so far. I wouldn't say the first 80 mins were terrible. We controlled the ball, had all the shots. The Japanese goal was very dodgy. At least now Brazil will have to take us seriously.

Now I've only got to stay up for another 3 hours to watch the Italian Stallions.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 06:27:38 AM »
I don't know man. Ever since Japan's goal, Australia played -- well... pretty sh!tty honestly. Japan was moving the ball around nicely, finding the open players, and making the runs. They just couldn't finish it. Overall, Japan out played them.

However, once Australia scored their first goal, they started to actually move around instead of simply chipping into the box from 40 some yards out. They started to make more runs, and make more space in the last 1/3 of the field.

Cahill's goal was marvelous.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 06:56:57 AM »
I hate and loath soccer, so you can imagine how is it for me here. Remember that episode of the Simpsons when they go to Brazil and everyone is crazy about soccer? thats the only part that wasnt exaggerated about latin america in general >_>

I dont understand my fellow country men, we didnt even clasified, yet they are crazy about seeing the damn thing! we have no TV here at work but Im doomed to hear the matches on the radio, at my aunts work, they went as far as to collect money to buy a TV and watch the cup, urgh...

I cant wait for this to end :P
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:36 AM »
Mantidor hates football, hahahahaha, poor fella living in a region of the world that LOVES football. Anyway, I'm rooting for Portugal (I'm one of them in case you didn't know) and Japan. And now that I read that Japan lost against Australia I am kind of dissapointed, but then again I kind of happy that Australia did pretty well albeit a bit sloppy by your descriptions.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 07:33:26 AM »
@mantidor
lol, I'm not a football fan either, but the world cups are the exceptions, as the matches are more interesting ^^
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline blackfootsteps

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »
Ok new goal of the tournament, Rosicky for the Czechs. A stunner.  

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »
*Appluads*

An amazing shot only topped by his run from 40-yards out, past the entire defensive line, and finally a perfect chip over the keeper.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
USA was ugly. Italy are a bunch of crybaby drama queens as usual, though they deserved the win. I saw a show on Animal Planet with this Aussie chick who was all about orangutans, and she was totally hot.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat