Author Topic: Worst GCN Games of ALL Time  (Read 11845 times)

Offline Tysken1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2004, 08:10:58 AM »
I know that a lot of people will disagree with me right now as you read this reply, but I have to confess to  you I was extremely bored with Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I bought it cheap, but it wasn't even worth that price. I had heard a lot of spookiness about the so called insanity effects; a sudden fake restart of the Gamecube, making the player roar in anxiousness. At least that's what my least favourite reviewer said in one of Sweden's largest gaming magazines. He gave it a 9 out of 10. Personally I'd give it a 2 or 3 if I'm to be nice.
These insanity effects are the reasons to why I hate this game. Me and a friend of mine played through the whole adventure and all we did was laugh. Laugh, laugh and roaring in laughter.

But alas, games such as Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, Pikmin and Mario Party 5 haven't really entertained me either.  
If you wish to contact me...do it.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2004, 09:29:09 AM »
spiderman was pretty f'n horrible if you ask me.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Metroid masked

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2004, 10:24:43 PM »
my most dissapointing game was super mario sunshine i hated the level design all the levels looked the same they were all tropical islands unlike mario 64 that had, Snow,desert,etc. And the fludd was a cheap idea as was the blue coin idea which just gets tedious after a while.

i also didnt like sonic battle battle adventure 2 although the shadow and sonic stages were fun..

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2004, 06:00:12 AM »
"the colors, the movement gave me headaches beyond believe."

Huh?

"So dont jump to conclusion because YOU thought it was great. I honestly didnt like it all, had no fun playing it and havent touched it since.  I would play anything over this and I couldnt be more sincere."

Well you are welcome and enitltled to your ill-thought opinion.  Seriously, if you think that SMS is the worst game of all time, the worst game EVER, and that NOTHING can be worse than this, you're either a troll or a person who has limited his game choices for rent or own greatly.

This is quickly becoming like those Something Awful threads when somebody asks what they think is the worst band or movie of all time and the only thing on peoples lips is "The Police" or "SWAT."  Yeah SWAT sucked, and you may hate it, but does that make it the worst movie of all time, unlike say, The Screaming Skull, Or Space Mutiny?  What drives people to think they earn counterculture brownie points by having mentioned a popular thing in a "Worst of" list?  Grow up.

Just because you don't particularly like something doesn't mean it's the worst in the world.  I have (rather had) 3 games... actually, only 2 games in my GC collection that I ever hated with a passion.  Splinter Cell, and EA's Semi-Annual Identical Football Engine Release (Madden and NCAA Football are Different games, WE SWEAR.)  Do I think they are worse than Charlie's Angels?  Than Shrek Extra Large?  Than Muppet's Party Cruise?  Than Whirl Tour (Tony Hawk... Except with SCOOTERS!)?  Worse than Dinotopia?  Worse than Disney Sports basketball?  Hell no.

I would accept that you think SMS is the worst GCN you've played.  However this thread isn't "Worst GCN Game That You, Personally, Haved Played."   It's "Worst GCN Games of ALL Time."  And that implies consensus, which you are not in.  And that means... you might wanna sit down for this... You are incorrect.  Tough Pill to swallow, ain't it?
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Worst GCN Games of ALL Time
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2004, 09:37:07 AM »
Ok, I felt this was a poll when it first started, but let it go since people usually had a lot to say.  However now it's basically a flame war with people attacking great games that they just personally didn't like.  Deg handled that pretty well, and I think that part of what makes you fit to be a professional reviewer is the ability to separate your personal likes and dislikes from analyzing the design and quality of the game.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers