Author Topic: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie but maybe not: Slightly New Info!!!!  (Read 19116 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Now I know that the "transitive property of mathematics" doesn't translate to Video Game console graphic prowess. So the fact that the Wii U is by most accounts more powerful than a PS3 and less powerful than a PS4 doesn't mean that every Wii U game will look better than the same game on PS3 and worse than PS4.

As for racing games NFS: Most Wanted Wii U looks better than its ps3 brother, and by a fair margin even to these old eyes.

Please view the first "Official" trailer for Project Cars Wii U:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfvVAioSY6Y

NO WAY!

This could be a very short thread (and not my first) but there is no way this game will look this good on wii u right? Are these dudes from an alternate timeline?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:47:43 AM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cars Wii U: This has to be a lie. (trailer inside)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
Doesn't look that great, to be honest. Compare that trailer to what it looks like on other platforms, especially PC.

Also doesn't help you linked to a trailer that is at "720p" and not what it actually will look like in game.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »
Did we look at the same trailer? That looked as good as well anything I've seen in console gaming thus far. And of course it won't look as good as One/ps4/PC why would it?

I didn't think the  Wii U version would run @ 1080p with these models and stay anywhere above 15fps so I tried to make a honest attempt at the real world performance of the game, maybe that was wrong.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 05:46:02 PM »
You're right, it looks just as good as the rest of console gaming (PS3, 360) so far. So why is this newsworthy? Where does it say in that trailer that the game will even run at native 1080p? All I saw in that trailer was grainy Youtube compression of graphics that isn't anything new on relatively weak consoles.

Maybe if there's an uncompressed version of that trailer out there, we might be able to make better judgments.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

Ask and thou shall receive, BEHOLD, Glorious uncompressed 1440p in all its glory and fusion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBLMscFP5ec

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »
Unfortunately, that is still not the native video. Youtube still lowers the bitrate and the framerate. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 01:26:39 PM »
Nothing on YouTube is really "uncompressed".

That "Wii U trailer" is just the same trailer posted by the devs. As far as I know the only footage people have shown have been from high-end PCs. They've already said the Wii U version won't provide the "super-high-level graphical details" that will show up on other versions.

My best guess is it will look slightly prettier than Most Wanted. But it will at least provide Wii U the same level of sim racing experience Sony and Microsoft have with GT and Forza respectively.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »
I'm looking forward to it even if it looks half as good.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
It does look like a good game but if it is multiplatform is there anything special about the Wii U version? I am curious.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
I think it looks good, well just as good as it did when they first announced it and it was quite impressive back then. I'm glad they feel far enough along to make an official trailer.

Here is the original thread for the game... from 2 years ago too:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37617.msg735350#msg735350

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
It probably is a lie, but it didn't really tell me much about the game either. I guess it's more something like NASCAR? Not so sure if I would be interested or not.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »
It looks Forza-Turismo-tastic!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
It probably is a lie, but it didn't really tell me much about the game either. I guess it's more something like NASCAR? Not so sure if I would be interested or not.

It's a simulator-type racing game which is a complete opposite to a game like Mario Kart.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

It's a simulator-type racing game which is a complete opposite to a game like Mario Kart.
I don't understand how Mario Kart can be the complete opposite of a simulator type racing game.  I don't know about you but my daily commute is filled with dodging banana peels, being hit by red shells, and being struck by lightning bolts.

In all seriousness the game looks like it could be good and any racing game on a Nintendo system that isn't a kart style game is a good thing.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
^ the bad part about it, is that if racing game doesn't have arcade crazyness and **** blowing up (and splitscreen), i'm not interested.

If you think this game looks impossibly good i suggest you looking at Forza or Gran Tourismo videos.

Too bad about the stale "realistic" gameplay though.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »

I don't understand how Mario Kart can be the complete opposite of a simulator type racing game.  I don't know about you but my daily commute is filled with dodging banana peels, being hit by red shells, and being struck by lightning bolts.

In all seriousness the game looks like it could be good and any racing game on a Nintendo system that isn't a kart style game is a good thing.

Hahahaha @ your first comment.

I was just giving a comparison. I wasn't critiquing it in any way. I love both types of games.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
I hope everyone realizes that the footage shown is not from the Wii U version of the game. That YouTube channel is not the developer, someone just re-uploaded the official trailer and said it's for Wii U.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »
I do realize that this is not Wii U footage per se but the fact that they canceled the ps360 version of this game bodes well for the wii u from a performance standpoint. As I understand it, the developer didn't wanna downgrade the engine too much.

Now to the graphics: This looks flat out better than GT6 and just as good as Forza. Maybe not Driveclub but it looks damn good and even the WiiU version should balance out to surpass GT6 in the graphics dept.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 10:07:48 PM »
Forza, GT, Driveclub i see no difference, even if my life depended on it.

It's just cars on the tracks, man. Sometimes same cars on same tracks even.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 10:17:52 PM »
Forza, GT, Driveclub i see no difference, even if my life depended on it.

It's just cars on the tracks, man. Sometimes same cars on same tracks even.

Really? This might be since I'm a car guy but GT6 on PS3 and DriveClub have a considerable margin in the graphics dept.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »
I guess I'm less concerned about graphics and more concerned about physics/ai. I hadn't heard entirely positive things on those from people who participated in the beta so this kind of fell off my radar.

Maybe if reviews are positive I'll give it a look but not on the wii u. The best way to experience a simulation is with wheels/pedals and Nintendo has no such compatible accessories.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:45 AM »
Gotta love how the console version that was in production first is the last one getting released. What a bunch of horse ****.

Give it a few months, it'll probably be cancelled.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »
I hate this kind of crap. hey kickstarters, you just got WATCHDOGGED

edit: I guess they did crowdfunding outside of Kickstarter, but still.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »
I'm still not convinced this game is ever going to come out on anything, or else I'd be more upset by this news.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent