Majesco announces massive BloodRayne marketing blitz, and a new, earlier release date!
MAJESCO LAUNCHES 'BLOODRAYNE' MARKETING BLITZ TO SUPPORT OCTOBER 15 RELEASE DATE
Multi-Million Dollar "Lethal Erotica" Themed Campaign Largest in Company History
EDISON, NJ, October 3, 2002 - Supporting the pre-Halloween release of its highly acclaimed action/horror game, BloodRayne, Majesco, one of the fastest-growing publishers of interactive entertainment, today announced the details behind its multi-million dollar marketing campaign. Highlighted by a gripping TV commercial and strategic cross-promotions, Majesco's BloodRayne campaign also includes extensive print advertising, consumer sweepstakes, and extensive retailer support.
"The scope and activity of the marketing behind BloodRayne is our largest to date, and reinforces our commitment to establishing it as one of the premier entertainment properties," said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing for Majesco. "The comprehensive "Lethal Erotica" campaign utilizes a variety of marketing vehicles, each carefully selected and synchronized to heighten consumer awareness and build excitement for BloodRayne from launch through the holiday season."
Majesco's comprehensive BloodRayne marketing campaign includes:
National TV Advertising Campaign
- Gripping :30 and :15 BloodRayne spots perfectly capture and convey haunting atmosphere and visceral thrill of game;
- Airing from launch through November on national cable and syndicated shows, including "The Man Show," "Mad TV" and "South Park."
Agent BloodRayne Hollywood Casting Call
- Majesco is bringing Agent BloodRayne to life for use in cross-promotions as well as public appearances at industry trade shows and retailer events.
"Much Music" On-Air Promotion
- Agent BloodRayne actress to host debut of new network show, "Dead Man Rocking" on Much Music - Canada's premier music television network which is seen throughout North America.
"BloodRayne in the Bayou" Contest Sponsored by Playboy.com
- Contestants register at Playboy.com for the chance to win a date with a Playboy Playmate to tour haunted graveyards in Louisiana, a key environment in BloodRayne.
CBS SportsLine "Out for Blood Sweepstakes"
- SportsLine users will enter weekly drawings to win a copy of BloodRayne for the console of their choice. Contest will be included in the October and November SportsLine newsletters received by 12,000 site visitors.
World Wrestling Entertainment "Win a Trip to the World" sweepstakes
- Majesco partners with WWE.com - one of the most visited sites on the web. Consumers have the opportunity to play BloodRayne with a pro wrestler and win tickets to an upcoming WWE event.
College Television Network Promotions
- In conjunction with CTN's "Music Binge Tour," Majesco will sponsor BloodRayne blood drives and game demos at 10 major universities across the U.S.;
- Agent BloodRayne will also host "Halloween Week" on College Television Network.
Special InterAct Cross Promotion
- Leading video game peripheral company, InterAct, is including full-color BloodRayne inserts in 50,000 InterAct PowerPad Pro Xbox(tm) controller packages.
Multi-Tiered Print Advertising Campaign
- Three unique BloodRayne advertisements will run from Aug. through Dec.;
- Targets game enthusiast print publications and a broad range of consumer magazines, including Maxim, Stuff, DC Adult, and Blender.
Promotional Tie-Ins With Enthusiast Publications
- Includes give-aways, fold-out posters, videos and playable demos in top-tier video game publications.
Internet Marketing Campaign
- Running now through November, campaign includes eye blasters, point rolls, homepage take-overs, and interstitials on leading men's web sites such as WWE.com, Playboy.com, UGO.com and others.
BloodRayne is an intense action/horror game with a sexy, lethal, supernatural heroine named Agent BloodRayne. The most deliciously wicked action heroine ever to grace a console game, she's half-human, half-vampire and all woman. BloodRayne provides an intense 3rd person game play experience and features a solid, smooth control scheme. With a multitude of frighteningly evil opponents, the game is fast-paced, frenetic and battle-heavy.
Developed by Terminal Reality, BloodRayne will ship to stores on October 15, 2002 for the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(tm) and PlayStation(r)2 computer entertainment system. The game will debut on PC early next year.
Headquartered in Edison, NJ, with offices in the United Kingdom, Majesco was founded in 1986 and is a leading international developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products for the Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft video game platforms, as well as the personal computer. Currently in development are 20 titles for PlayStation(r)2, Xbox(tm), GameCube(tm), and PC, as well as several titles for Game Boy(r) Advance. Included among these are Majesco's multi-platform, supernatural action/thriller, BloodRayne, which will be released in October 15th and Black & Bruised, an over-the-top cartoon-style boxing game, scheduled to ship in 2003. Majesco can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.majescogames.com/.