The exclusive DS title featuring classic Final Fantasy Tactics strategy gameplay is now available in stores across Europe.
Square-Enix announced this past Thursday the arrival of their latest exclusive DS title, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire the Rift in European retail outlets today.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire the Rift features the classic isometric 2D strategy gaming found in prior Final Fantasy Tactics games. Players will be able to explore the world of Ivalice, the same world found in the latest iteration of the mainline series, Final Fantasy XII.
Leveraging the unique capabilities of the Nintendo DS, the European release of the title features something not available in the Japanese release: touch screen functionality. Players will be able to choose from over 50 available job classes and over 300 quests for an extensive play experience, all while enjoying music from the composer of Final Fantasy XII, Hitoshi Sakimoto.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire the Rift is available now in Europe.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift ON SALE TOMORROW
London (26th June 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY TACTICS® A2: Grimoire of the Rift™ will be on sale across PAL territories from tomorrow exclusively on the Nintendo DS™ handheld system.
Lead your party to victory across the famous world of Ivalice! FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift turns your Nintendo DS into a tactical battlefield where you take control of a clan of fighters, mages and more. Summon mighty Scions and Espers to overcome the challenges that await, fulfill your destiny and return home victorious!
With victory comes fame. Earn a reputation for your clan as you win battles and a whole new level of party customisation will open for you to enjoy. The stunning visuals, special effects, and orchestral soundtrack in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift immerse you in the world, while the soundtrack narrates the famous adventures and triumphs of your clan.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, "To our fans' delight, fun strategy gameplay and an engaging story come together in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift. Nintendo DS users will be able to enjoy a tactical and epic adventure while exploring the world of Ivalice. This is a deep and absorbing title that I hope everyone will find time to enjoy this summer."
For more information about FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift please visit the official website at http://www.ffta2game.co.uk.
About FINAL FANTASY TACTICS A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Our tale begins as Luso, an energetic young boy, discovers a mysterious book whilst tidying the library as a punishment for his latest episode of light-hearted mischief. He opens the book and is transported to another world called Ivalice. Before he can catch his breath, he finds himself joining a clan led by a friendly, if gruff, man named Cid. With his new clan at his side, he sets out to find a way home…
- Enjoy turn-based, tactical battles on isometric 2D maps set in the hugely popular FINAL FANTASY® universe
- Lead a clan of fighters, mages and more as you explore the world of Ivalice, the setting of FINAL FANTASY XII
- Battle enemies with steel, magick and summoned monsters
- Amazing graphics with special effects that push the limits of the Nintendo DS
- Immersive soundtrack from the composer of FINAL FANTASY XII
- Endless variety and customization with over 50 available jobs – more than any other FINAL FANTASY game
- More than 300 quests provide hours upon hours of gameplay
- Enhanced Law System that rewards players for upholding the law with bonuses during and after battle
- Compete with rival clans to claim territory in the unique Auction mini-game
- Includes touch screen functionality, a feature not included in the original Japanese version