Rygar for Wii, Ninja Gaiden DS, and a new Tecmo Bowl were all discussed.
Tecmo held a press event in Japan recently and several games for Nintendo platforms were discussed. A quick run-down is below, broken up by platform. It is apparent that Tecmo is indeed supporting Nintendo platforms this generation, as was previously evident when Ninja Gaiden: DS was originally announced.
- Kyotaro Nishimura Suspense - This mystery game was compared to Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk. It's based off of the novels of Kyotaro Nishimura.
- Draw, Speak and Start! Monster Farm DS - This is a new game in the Monster Rancher series that will take advantage of all of the DS functionality to create different monsters.
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - The DS version of Ninja Gaiden was shown. Itagaki said that the game is part of the same storyline as Ninja Gaiden Sigma, taking place six months after that game.
- Project Rygar - This will be a brand new game in the classic Rygar series. No gameplay was shown, but Rygar's key weapon, the Diskarmor, will be controlled using the Wii remote.
- Tecmo Bowl - A teaser trailer for a brand new Tecmo Bowl game was shown that didn't feature any gameplay. It was described as a brand new game that will come out in 2008. When discussing the platform, all that was said is that it will not be on the platform most people are expecting. I think it's safe to say that both Wii and DS would qualify as unexpected, so consider it a possibility.