Send us a card and you might score a Metroid Prime holiday prize pack!
The holidays are upon us, and to celebrate them (along with the release of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes), Planet GameCube is giving away two Metroid Prime Prize Packs! Two lucky PGC readers are going to win this excellent package, including:
- 1 Platinum Nintendo GameCube (U.S. Region)
- 2 Wave Bird Controllers
- 1 Copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (U.S. Region)
The contest is simple. In order to enter all you have to do is design a holiday greeting card and send it to Planet GameCube. The card must be Nintendo themed, but does not necessarily have to be Metroid themed. All entries must be original designs, and may not exceed one frame of 309x400 pixels in dimension (You can download both vertical and horizonal templates for the card). Also, entries may not be larger than 250 kilobytes in size. All cards must be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: "Happenin Holiday Card Contest." The body of the email should contain your full name.
Entries will be accepted between 12:00am (CST) December 15, 2004 and 11:59pm (CST) December 22, 2004. All entries that are received outside this period will be discarded, so make sure to get your entry in on time. Our judges will pick the two best designed cards and award the prizes to their designers. The winners will be notified in the following week and will have his or her card posted on Planet GameCube for the world to see. Everybody on earth over the age of 13 is eligible to enter this contest. The only restriction is that you cannot win if you have won anything from Planet GameCube in the last ninety days, though you’re still welcome to send us some holiday cheer.
Sponsored by Planet GameCube ("Sponsor").
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. Entry deadline is 11:59pm (CST) on December 22nd, 2004.
1. Eligibility: The Planet GameCube Happenin’ Holiday Card Contest (the "Promotion") is open to anyone who loves Nintendo, age 13 or older, who has an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Promotion period. Those who have won anything from Planet GameCube in the past ninety (90) days are not eligible. Entrants under the age of 18 must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate. Employees of Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. To Enter:
(a) To enter online, select the Promotion link from the Promotion main page (http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=5904) on the Planet GameCube web site between December 15, 2004 at 00:01 AM, CST, and December 22, 2004, at 23:59 PM, CST. Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your first and last name (no screen names), age, valid email address, and a holiday greeting card for Planet GameCube (“Entry”). Entries with attached files larger than two hundred fifty (250) kilobytes, are animated (more than one frame), or that exceed the dimensions of three hundred nine (309) by four hundred (400) pixels will be discarded. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and may use materials copyrighted by Planet GameCube, as well as materials copyrighted by other companies (e.g. game publishers) only if the entry includes the disclaimer "All game materials are the property of their respective copyright holders." Incomplete entries will be discarded.
(b) Eligible entries are those consisting of all information and one Entry as detailed in Section 2(a). Validity of information and Entry will be determined by the Sponsor, and all judgments by the Sponsor are final. (c) No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Entrants violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
3. Awarding of Prizes: All Promotion entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into prize contention. Winners will be determined by a panel of judges consisting of Planet GameCube staff members, who will choose the entries which best capture a Nintendo themed holiday. The judges’ entirely subjective decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified by e-mail, regardless of method of entry.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prize will be awarded to two (2) entrants only. The prizes to be awarded from the Promotion are as follows:
(a) First Prize: one (1) Platinum Nintendo GameCube (U.S. version), two (2) Nintendo WaveBird Controllers, one (1) copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (U.S. version) for GameCube, Approximate retail value: $220 USD.
(b) Second Prize: one (1) Platinum Nintendo GameCube (U.S. version), two (2) Nintendo WaveBird Controllers, one (1) copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (U.S. version) for GameCube, Approximate retail value: $220 USD.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the quality of the entrant’s Entry, as described in Section 3. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes that apply to prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Approximate total value of all prizes to be awarded: $440 USD.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the judges’ decisions. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
7. General Rules: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Promotion is offered by the Sponsors, Planet GameCube at 190 E. University Dr. #2607, Auburn, AL 36832, which is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise, or for theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating and winning a prize, Winner releases Sponsor and affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to the Promotion or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Promotion and/or prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Promotion are final. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any winner, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes on the value of the prize received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, provincial and local regulations apply. So basically no matter what….Planet GameCube is not responsible for anything. You can’t sue us for taking part in our contest. By entering you agree to that statement and all of the above terms.
8. These rules are subject to change at any time during the contest period. Changes to the rules will be indicated at http://www.planetgamecube.com.
9. Cheating: Louie the Cat ("Louie"), Rumors Editor for Planet GameCube, will poop ("Poop") on the heads of any Entrants who attempt to falsify or duplicate entries or otherwise violate the Official Rules. The Sponsors cannot be held responsible for any damage Louie’s Poop may cause to you, your property, or your family and/or unborn children. Remember, cheaters always miss.
10. Sponsor's Address:
190 E. University Dr. #2607
Auburn, AL 36832
Copyright © 2004 Planet GameCube