Author Topic: Where is Castlevania for GC???  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Procoprio

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Where is Castlevania for GC???
« on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:43 AM »
Where is Castlevania for GC??? I would want a 2d version over the Ps2 3D version.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Where is Castlevania for GC???
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 07:18:39 AM »
Well, it will come once somebody manages to convince Konami that GC owners buy more than just Disney sports titles.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:47:40 AM »
Konami won't give us what they want, because they would rather put games out on the PS2 and say the reason why is because it has a larger user base, and then wonder why they large user base doesn't buy thier game.  Especially Castlevania, since the audience is on the GBA in the first place, and GBA owners more likely than not also own a GCN.  But Konami is afraid to release a major game on the GCN unless it is worked on by another company, MGS:TTS.  I am very close to writing off Konami as a crap company who only cares about money and nothing at all about the people who buy their games.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline boggy b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 09:40:52 AM »
And you think there are ANY game companies who would rather make losses to satisfy the public than make games that will alienate some people but make them more cash?

Hrrrm.

What was wrong with Lament of Innocence, anyway? It's the best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night.
"And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell:
One more soldier reporting Sir,
I've served my time in hell."

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 10:36:57 AM »
"It's the best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night. "

Quit kidding yourself.  Aria of Sorrow and Circle of the Moon trounce it.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
RE:Where is Castlevania for GC???
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 12:21:04 PM »

Originally posted by: boggy b
And you think there are ANY game companies who would rather make losses to satisfy the public than make games that will alienate some people but make them more cash?

Hrrrm.

What was wrong with Lament of Innocence, anyway? It's the best Castlevania since Symphony of the Night.

I actually had to stop playing lament of innocence, i just got plain BORED with the title.  The only thing that kept me going as long as i did was the fact that the music was really good.  

Its hard to pinpoint what about it i disliked really, but I'm sure it mainly has to do with the jumping system, level design, and all around combat the title offered.

but, as i said, the music was great.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 12:42:56 PM »
From my understanding Lament didn't do too well in sells despite the "larger userbase". Ha Ha.

I honestly don't care about the series anymore. Iga has just raped the poor thing to death. Maybe if Konami kicks his ass out of there and returns the series to its roots, I'll be interested. I'm really sick of the Castletroid crap, and I wouldn't mind if the protagonist didn't look like a character out of one of Anne Rice's books.

I have a feeling the series is going to be on hiatus for a while now anyway.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 04:11:57 PM »
Deguello's right.

EXP +5000
INT +10000
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gremio

• Pikmin Spores of Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 01:06:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master
From my understanding Lament didn't do too well in sells despite the "larger userbase". Ha Ha.

Yeah, I read about the poor sales of LoI someplace. Has Castlevania ever been a big seller, though? (no idea) Maybe more interest for the Castlevania series is with the Nintendo userbase?

I'd really like to see Konami bring out a Gamecube Castlevania. And a DDR GCN game. Yeah.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 02:55:39 AM »
Fat chance of that happening due to the low sales of MGS: TTS.  Konami will use that as their proof that GC doesn't have a mature user base. O_o

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 06:20:35 AM »
Yeah, but then the low sales can be attributed to the fact that there was little to no advertising.
A DDR game for GCN would be great, 4 player dancing!

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 09:25:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Gibdo Master From my understanding Lament didn't do too well in sells despite the "larger userbase". Ha Ha.

I honestly don't care about the series anymore. Iga has just raped the poor thing to death. Maybe if Konami kicks his ass out of there and returns the series to its roots, I'll be interested. I'm really sick of the Castletroid crap, and I wouldn't mind if the protagonist didn't look like a character out of one of Anne Rice's books.

I have a feeling the series is going to be on hiatus for a while now anyway.

I totally agree with ya there. The do need to look back at their roots and come out with a descent Castlevania Game. I dont think that Konami has had a "Large Userbase" since the NES with TMNT or the Castlevania series. The need to take a look back and figure out "what are we doing wrong". Hudson has released collections of its games (in Japan), Nintendo with the Zelda Collectors Edition, and so is Capcom with it Mega Man Collection, maybe if the re-released Castlvania 1-4, Dracula X, and Castlevania 64 on a single GCN disc! Maybe that will get gamers re-intrested in the whole Castlevania Series. I think that the only thing that Konami has is Hidio Kajima, the master mind of the MGS series. IMO, The series story, plot, and espionage makes OO7 look like a kid. Maybe he sould get introduced to the whole CV team and make a great game together
My Video Game Collection - under construction
"... Sony has about an 80% product failure rate. Completely unacceptable!" --

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 09:48:04 AM »
"maybe if the re-released Castlvania 1-4, Dracula X, and Castlevania 64 on a single GCN disc!"

I assume by Dracula X you mean the Japan-only title Rondo of Blood and not the crappy "port" that was later released on the SNES.  Drop off Castlevania 64 and replace it with Castlevania Bloodlines and Symphony of the Night and I'm there.  Hell just a double pack of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night would be great.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 10:13:41 AM »
I'm actually not totally against the Castletroid thing, it's just that Iga keeps recycling the same damn game over and over again. Basically all you get is some new enemies, new items, and a new map with each game. Why doesn't he make it like Simon's Quest where you can go into towns and different locales and such? Also I would very much prefer a Conan the Barbarian  vampire hunter like we used to get instead of the homps we've been getting.

Symphony of the Night was a breath of fresh air, but you have to continue to be innovative and not just get into another rut.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 10:47:28 AM »
Haha, Conan.

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"maybe if the re-released Castlvania 1-4, Dracula X, and Castlevania 64 on a single GCN disc!"

I assume by Dracula X you mean the Japan-only title Rondo of Blood and not the crappy "port" that was later released on the SNES.  Drop off Castlevania 64 and replace it with Castlevania Bloodlines and Symphony of the Night and I'm there.  Hell just a double pack of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night would be great.

A re-release of the Dracula X: Rondo of Blood would be a great one. Especially if it wasnt upgraded and keep the same like the TG-16 version. I mean come on its the most sought after CV ever, it goes for almost 250.00 on EBaY. I would stand it line for ever if the re-released it. I dont have much to say for CV: Bloodlines never owned a Genesis or even played it in a EMU. What is so wrong with the Castlevania for the 64? i thought it was innovated and a great game and about the only reason i got a Used N64 from a friend. What about the first one most people think is part of the Saga, "Haunted Mansion" for the Arcade?

Double Pack:
SotN (Sega Saturn Version; Play as Maria and other cool stuff)
Dracula X (TG-16 Version)

CV Collection:
Castlevania 1, 2, & 3 (NES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania 1 (& 2) 64 (N 64)

?Could you fit SotN and Drac X one 1 CD?  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 01:27:08 PM »
I personally liked Castlevania 64 too.  I would go on to defend it, but it's been so long since I played it that I don't really remember it.  I just remember enjoying it.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 01:29:49 PM »
I enjoyed CV64 (and 64.5) by themselves more than Lamer of Innocense.

haha

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 04:24:45 PM »
This reminds me.. Konami never did continue on with the Castlevania Chronicles. It was a PSone upgrade of the first (kinda, just had slightly better graphics and arranged music). The PAL version had some exclusive interviews (OMG EXCLUSIVE) with the producers and stuff, where they went "JAPANESE". The subtitles went "We are hoping to continue doing these" AND THEY NEVER DID.

blol Castlevania 64 more like fog town. 'Cause I forgot to put the fog lights iiiinnn.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 05:22:01 PM »
That game was actually a port of the old X68000 version of Akumajo Dracula that was only released in Japan back in the mid 90's. By the way, the NTSC version got those interviews too.  I don't believe the game did too well sales wise, and with the bombing of LOI, I doubt we'll see anything Castlevania related for a while.  IMO the last good Castlevania game was COTM. HoD just sucked, and while AoS was better it was still apparent that they basically microwaved it real quick and then fed it to us. I'm not going to even get started on LOI, it's like they had no clue as to where to start with it.  It's kind of funny too, because I remember IGA saying all this drivel about how Castlevania 64 and it's upgrade were absolute crap and that LOI would be a million times better.  Well, it's out and like someone else said the only thing that's even kinda saving the game is the music.

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 05:31:10 PM »
What ever happen to the Castlevania that was going to be on the Dreamcast? was it scraped or made into another game? it looked good and GC could pull it off quite nicely

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 06:00:20 PM »
It was being developed in California and got scrapped like bad doodoo.

From videos I saw, it played even simpler than CV64, lacking any targeting whatsoever.  Camera control was automated and fairly robotic, always stuck well behind the character's back.  The partnering of past and present Belmonts was kinda "yuck", but I thought playing as Sonia Belmont would be cool.  Unfortunately, IGA, the forking genius he is, never liked Sonia (originally from GameBoy) and tried to erase her existence by giving us Lamer of Innocense.  WHICH IS IRONIC CUZ I NEVER LIKED THAT LAMER LEON AND L.O.I. HAD THE MOST UNORIGINAL PLOT AND THE MOST UNINTERESTING "EVERYTHING" IN THE ENTIRE SERIES.  "iNNOVATIVE MECHANICS + GREAT MUSIC ADDED UP TO A FANTASTIC PILE OF "meh"!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 06:28:33 PM »
Yeah, I haven't played the game, but from what I've read I really don't like what he's done with the mythology of the series. Instead of it being based on Bram Stoker's Dracula, he's apparently created his own mythology which just happens to have a vampire named Dracula. Blech.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »
It's quite wacky.

In L.O.I, the whole "my woman killed herself but can't goto heaven, i hate you 'Big Man Upstairs', I'll sell my soul and become the Dark Prince" idea originally written by Bram Stoker was cut&pasted into the antagonist's backstory -- even the woman he lost was named "Elizabetha" -- BUT FOR SOME REASON HIS NAME'S NOT "Dracula"!?  So if this guy's not Dracula, the Dracula we know and love to whip simply waltzes in later in the series?  "Hi, I'm Dracula.  This is Castlevania #1.  Come to my castle.  Wipe your feet before you step inside.  Thanks."

I refuse to accept that the Belmont's origins were this lame.

Offline MysticGohan24

• OUTSTANDING!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 09:45:34 PM »
Yeah, I muched prefer the originals. I remember playing Castlevania II: Simons quest. It was different, but exciting to travel and talk to people, and the night and day system.

They should go back to that, perhaps make it more like Zelda. In the Action/Adventure RPG Hybrid.

or let it come back in awesome console 2-D'ness, would be awesome. Atleast they better have a good one for the DS.

The same applies to Contra, Konami hasn't used either franchise to their full potentinal.
What happens, happens ~Spike Cowboy bebop

Hey Shippo your village called, they're missing their idiot. ~Inuyasha