Author Topic: Four Horsemem of Apcolyspe??  (Read 1773 times)

Offline xaer0knight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Four Horsemem of Apcolyspe??
« on: June 04, 2004, 05:09:01 PM »
Will a surprising interesting game ever be release after 3DO filed for a Chapter 11 ? After seeing the Flash trailer on www.3do.com on their 4horsemen directory, i wanta play it!! All the rights of 3DO and all there games are up for sale, it would be nice to see Silicon Knights make this game. They impressed me and Nintendo with Eternal Darkness and/or MGS: Twin Snakes. Even Konami with there Silent Hill games or Capcom with their Resident Evil (or Sweet Home for NES) series would pick up the ball with the Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse were 3DO left off and run with it. It would be an interesting endeavor to take a company that flopped a Console, the 3DO, and it was one of the most expensive consoles on the market for about $300-500. The last known stock prices was $1.26/share and countless mindless games that i didn't like like Army Men. Even NEC and Hudson Soft ,the makers of the Turbo-Grafix 16, would have a problem turning the 3DO into a money making subsidiary, even SEGA would cringe at the sales of the 3DO but then again they had some down falls with the great systems, the Saturn and Dreamcast.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 05:33:40 PM »
3DO went bankrupt and sold off all their game properties- no one bought Four Horsemen and as such it will never be released.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse??
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:55:10 PM »
If noone bought the game then it must not have been that great...But that doesn't explain why someone bought the Army Men license *shudders*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 07:54:48 PM »
There's no 4 horsemen toys.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 05:05:04 AM »
Four Horsemen was too expensive to produce. Any buyer would have to throw in another few millions to complete the game. Noone was willing to do so.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 06:16:06 AM »
i'm pretty sure that namco has put quite a bit of money into SRS.  hell, i'm sure they put millions into the E3 display for that game.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 08:03:48 PM »
Well, but 4HOA seemed too risky for that.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 12:04:06 PM »
That game did look pretty cool, but I bet it was in need of a lot more development than SRS.  I just think a partially developed adventure game would be harder to complete than a partially developed racing game, and if you don't have team members thar are really into the characters and concept, it might also be less fun.
Army Men, even though 99% of the series sucked, still has a really cool concept that I think a lot of developers would be interested in working with.  Not to mention that it has brand recognition...although I admit it's not very good recognition.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
RE:Four Horsemen Of Apocalypse??
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 06:45:09 PM »
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is in development for the next generation consoles...