Author Topic: Ideas for ds marketing!!!  (Read 1635 times)

Offline areefer

• Complete DS Fanboy
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Ideas for ds marketing!!!
« on: May 26, 2004, 05:44:30 PM »
I would like to see Nintendo play the track record card by showing ads that reflect on all other portable consoles that the gameboy has crushed, such as a tv ad that dispalys each gameboy (with the year displayed) and then cut to a screen that displays each of the handhelds in blocks (such as lynx, game gear, etc.) brady bunch style with an x through each one, and at the end of the commercial stating that out of all the other portable systems gameboy has been there for you and intro the ds saying "And with a revolution in gaming we are still here"
"Gamers are kids at heart so I play games accordingly"  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Ideas for ds marketing!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 07:32:14 PM »
Here's the ideal plan for marketing the DS:

Take whoever works on the GBA ads and get them to work on the DS.

Take whoever works on the Cube ads and fire their worthless ass and then get the GBA guy to work on Cube ads as well.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 08:01:30 PM »

Take whoever works on the Cube ads and fire their worthless ass and then get the GBA guy to work on Cube ads as well.

Well said.

I really hope Nintnedo don't push the whole 'two screens, twice the fun!' thing, that was never really much good in the first place. Just get a good advertiser to do all the work, and don't set the target audieance as kids. Kids will watch adds displaying products for older people, but older people won't watch adds displaying products for kids.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
RE:Ideas for ds marketing!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 08:52:31 AM »

Take whoever works on the GBA ads and get them to work on the DS.

I feel ya man, that recent ad with the SP was very nice. Love the Chomp in the background =)

Actually, I would amend that to:

"Take whoever works on the Cube ads and Get their asses hired at SONY and then get the GBA guy to work on Cube ads as well."

Fixed. =)

-Blackknight131

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 10:35:48 AM »
I think they should have Reggie surrounded by bikini babes playing a wireless multiplayer game of Metroid Hunters. Rock, rock on!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX