Author Topic: Zelda and Mario TV episodes  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Zellie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda and Mario TV episodes
« on: May 06, 2004, 02:51:55 PM »
http://tv.yahooligans.yahoo.com/

I downloaded them a while ago, but it was still awesome to hear about this link (:  You can also buy an unofficial dvd of them on ebay and through various trading sites.

I hated that "exccuuuuuuseeee me princess" line but...at the same time it just has to be said because Link is that much of a dork.

THIS IS THE REASON I WANTED TO BE ZELDA!  Not because she was the princess getting captured all the time, that's boring.
~Through dangers untold~

Offline Zellie

• View Profile
RE:Zelda and Mario TV episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:11:46 PM »
And while I'm randomly posting on a forum I'll probably never stick around on because I'm lazy.............

http://members.tripod.com/~Ldy_Zelda/jen.html

Shameless advertizing!!  Read my ancient Zelda fanfics!  Unless you're a purist or 'new zelda' obsessor because you'll hate them  
I wrote them before/during OoT came out and based them on what my horrible memory could remember about AoL, LA, and the Zelda TV show.  The first one is horrendous and I'm sorry.  It was just written to explain the multiple Zeldas (in AoL she has red hair and in LA too because she looked like Marin and Marin was a redhead, in other games she's blonde ).  But the later ones are better >_> hopefully.
I also don't overuse Ganon so there ;p

And I'm remembering something about Link's blood being needed to awaken Ganon frozen in stone and I always thought that was in the TV show, but watching the episodes I haven't seen it--where did this come from?!?!
~Through dangers untold~

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda and Mario TV episodes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 03:21:53 PM »
Ahaha!  The old Zelda cartoons were gold...I also recall the "Link's blood needed to resurrect Ganon" thing, and I always thought it was from the cartoon...If it's not?  Wellllll...

(Oh, and advertising is illegal here, though you can put a link to your site in your sig...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:44:34 PM »
My friend bought a Zelda video a while back.  When we put it in, there was a real life fat greasy Mario, dancing to a lyricized version of the theme song.  Scared us crapless before making us laugh hysterically.

Awesome show.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 05:45:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
My friend bought a Zelda video a while back.  When we put it in, there was a real life fat greasy Mario, dancing to a lyricized version of the theme song.  Scared us crapless before making us laugh hysterically.

Awesome show.

What you never saw the Super Mario Bros Show?!  The Zelda cartoons were only shown on Fridays, Mon-Thur was the Super Mario Bros cartoons.  Man, I used to love coming home from school and seeing him and real life Luigi followed by the cartoon!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 06:41:36 PM »
THAT SHOW WAS OFF THE HOOK
AND THEY ALWAYS ATE THE SAME RUBBER PIZZA THAT SAT ON THE TABLE AND STUFF!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 07:40:05 PM »
Heh.  I remember watching these shows with my sister and friends.

blol

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 07:01:38 PM »

Originally posted by: joeamis

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation

Awesome show.

What you never saw the Super Mario Bros Show?!  The Zelda cartoons were only shown on Fridays, Mon-Thur was the Super Mario Bros cartoons.  Man, I used to love coming home from school and seeing him and real life Luigi followed by the cartoon!

I've never seen one either...
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 09:39:42 PM »
For the record, these shows were a big part of my childhood, hehe. Oh, and Mario was played by professional wrestler Capt. Lou Albano. I don't know who played Luigi though. How the heck do you save these episodes? I wanna slap em on a cd for my archives
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline VideoGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 12:04:02 PM »
Boy, the Super Mario Brothers Super Show was great! You can find many of the episodes on kazaa. The quality isn't perfect, but it's still good enough to watch. I found almost all of the Legend of Zelda cartoons on Kazaa.

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 11:24:05 AM »
E-Zelda.com used to have all the episodes of the Zelda cartoons available for download on it, but I went the other day and the link for the cartoons is no longer useable.  Maybe they were forced to stop distributing them

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 08:36:24 AM »
They should re-release the Zelda cartoons or even make some new ones. WE PEOPLE IN ENGLAND NEED THEM!

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 03:57:27 PM »
There are 2 DVDs available with a total of 5 Zelda episodes between them. Check out Amazon.com for "The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Evil Tower (3 episodes)" and "Mario's Greatest Movie Moments (contains 2 Zelda episodes)."

Offline gamewinner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 02:46:33 PM »
I've seen the Zelda Cartoons on the Planet Nes website. It's not that suspenceful because Link is not hiting his sword at the enemies, he is just zapping them. Any way it is funny because Link always says "Ecusssse meee, princess." All the time he says that. If you guys know, did Zelda ever kiss Link, or not. I'll be internally greatful if you relpy, thank you. Later days.

Offline Coarse_Limely

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 04:05:36 PM »
Zelda herself never kissed Link in the show, but her doppleganger (in the episode with the same name) did. Several times, at that. Spoiler Alert! It's generally assumed that Zelda kisses Link at the end of Zelda II, though.

Offline seen33

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 09:39:30 AM »
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo.cfm?ReleaseID=3672

released last tuesday.  Im not buying it tho cause its reported that sesaoned set will most likely be comming if this sells well.  So All of you should go buy it