Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe 2  (Read 10556 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Viewtiful Joe 2
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 03:52:44 PM »
people were talking about the graphics for vj2 not being up to par from vj1, you just have to look at the demo from the original joe to see that capcom made some big imporvements from the time the demo came out from when the game released imagine what they can do with about a year of time, the graphics will be awesome dont worry.
PikkCuber

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2004, 12:12:54 AM »
When I said clobber in sales I meant more than it should comparitivly clobber the GCN version anyway, but now that I know that VJ1 for the PS2 is a seperate game It doesn't really matter anymore to me if the Cube gets anything extra.

On the subject of Dante in PS2 VJ1, do you think he will have anything special to say to Alastor when he gets to him. Which Makes me wonder, is Alastor still going to be a playable character  if Dante is considering their play styles will probably be similer.(Devil Trigger)
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
RE: Viewtiful Joe 2
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2004, 12:58:44 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if dante is just a different skin of alastor....

anyway, the game needs to appeal to a larger market....  I hope the PS2 version does sell.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2004, 06:13:33 PM »
Dante

If Dante gets to use guns (just as Silvia gets to use a gun in that one art piece), then I wouldn't mind having Mega Man as a GCN-exclusive character, cuz Mega Man has badass guns.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline soracloudtidus

• snes owns and all of you know it
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2004, 06:39:59 PM »
Why not have Dante on the GC version? It wouldnt hurt the game. Plus some people will be wonderding who's that guy? And look for the background of the character, meaning this people might try DMC series and that's not a bad thing you know. Maybe we could see a DMC game for the GC or the N5! I love nintendo to death i always defend nintendo with my friends, but i am a firm believer that if you can try new series even if theyre not on your favorite system then more power to you, more power to the industry you and me love. I thought FF was crap a few years ago till a friend of mine said to me have u tried it? Boy was I wrong and now I enjoy almost every FF game that i play. So if dante is playable in VJ2 then it's a good thing also remember that in the gamespot article says that the game will be the same for both consoles. The moral of the story is expand ur gaming people, you'll be glad you did.
Currently Playing: WoW, New Super Mario Bros,Legend of Zelda: Phanton Hourglass

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2004, 08:06:45 PM »
Pikkcuber: The reason for suspecting bad graphics isn't any of the footage shown, it's the fact that it will be released on both the PS2 and GC. Since the PS2 is much weaker than the Cube they're not going to make two different sets of graphics for both games, they'll just make PS2-level graphics and maybe add a few effects to the GC version.

Offline anubis6789

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004, 04:31:30 AM »
Ok, just to get it out, Dante isn't in VJ2 for either the GCN or PS2, he is only in the PS2 version of VJ1. I don't want people thinking that he is some exclusive character for the PS2 VJ2. Capcom has already said that both versions of VJ2 will be identicle.  
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2004, 09:25:34 AM »
If the PS2 version gets Dante, then we should get either Megaman, celshaded Link, or even Mario.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2004, 10:15:09 AM »
rpgfreak, you forget, dante is is from devil may cry, which is a capcom game.  it wouldn't make much sense for them to put link or mario in the gamecube's version.  megaman is capcom, but i don't think he would really fit into the game, considering he doesn't have a melee attack.  if we're really insistant on seeing a special character in the gamecube version, may i suggest someone (or something) from the resident evil series?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2004, 02:40:02 PM »
You've forgotten Marvel vs. Capcom, right?

Offline Krazie26

• The Wandering Nintendork
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2004, 02:50:32 PM »
Regarding the downgrade of the graphics,

What could they possibly gain from making the graphics worst than the first one? Especially on a graphics-dominated system such as PS2. I can just imagine that conversation,

Person 1: Hey Boss, were gonna make VJ2 for the PS2 and GCN.
Boss: Oh okay, thats cool, for PS2 to?
Person 1: Yeah
Boss: Well, go ahead and throw VJ1 in there since they didn't get that the first time around.
Person 1: Roger, anything else?
Boss: Yeah, make the graphics worse.
Person 1: Okay, gotcha

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 09:38:05 PM »
I wonder if Joe will still whistle the Mario tune in the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe?

Offline anubis6789

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2004, 09:58:55 PM »
Hah good one Mario. I don't think so though, if anything it will either be something from another Capcom game or nothing at all. If it is something from another Capcom game it will probably be something like a short clip from something from DMC or maybe that tune from the old Mega Man games after you pick a boss to fight.

OK, just to make it clearer, VJ2 is not going to have Dante in it,(on either the PS2 or GCN) only the PS2 version of VJ1 is going to have Dante, also the PS2 version of VJ1 is not going to be packed in with PS2 VJ2, it will be sold seperatly.

Capcom also says that both games will be the same, but I find that kind of hard to believe regarding the graphics. I think that the PS2 version will suffer from a little slow down, but I can't know for sure, its just my guess.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2004, 11:17:06 PM »
I like Silvia's new pink casual wear.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2004, 12:53:56 AM »
I wonder if they throw in Zero as a hidden char...

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2004, 09:59:10 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k

oh my gosh!! i didn't even think about that!  that would totally rock!  obviously i like Zero

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2004, 05:48:50 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k

WHo is Zero ?

Is he from Megaman or am I just thinking out of my a*s
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2004, 08:46:53 PM »
yes Zero is a character from Mega Man

He was first introduced in Mega Man X

He now had his own series on the GBA called (you guessed it) Mega Man Zero

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2004, 11:17:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Zero
yes Zero is a character from Mega Man

He was first introduced in Mega Man X

He now had his own series on the GBA called (you guessed it) Mega Man Zero

Oh right that guy.

I remember him. Nah he wouldnt really fit in, I dont believe that anyone else should be in the except for charecters from the Joe universe.
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline anubis6789

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2004, 12:24:21 AM »
Well Capcom put Zero and Mega Man (Battle Network version) in Onimusha Blade Warriors, a game were they REALLY didn't fit.

Besides, I believe Mega Man would fit in well in a VJ game, espeacaly since he was mentiond in the first.

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 10:37:19 AM »
You know what I want in Vj2, Vs. Mode. You know, like when you fight captain blue all those time, if someone else was controlling him or something like that. Nothing too spectacular just a little add on mode for a quick battle. That and maybe a boss mode.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2004, 11:14:14 AM »
A vs. mode in Viewtiful Joe 2 would be awesome if done right. Of course, the players would have different VFX powers, but it would be hard to balance it. If they did do it right, it would be a cool Matrix-style fight, in 2D.  

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2004, 03:06:16 PM »
It'd be cool to do that in a LAN play mode...if you're playing and the other guy hits slowdown, he speeds up on your screen, and if he hits mach speed....you would just see a blur and wouldn't know WHERE to defend!
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2004, 02:09:51 AM »
Griffin: Uh, how would you do that slowdown/speedup thingie in reality? Would you invent a time machine to make it possible or what? If the player moves at normal speed on his system, the other people can't see him in superspeed since he doesn't move fast enough to provide information about what he's doing. I think it should just slow the game down, but only give the slomo boni (you know, bulletdodge and the like) to the user.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2004, 05:21:38 AM »
so i guess there isn't co-op anymore, and the Replay VFX can only be used by Sylvia

I'm sure it will still be a great game, but I must say I am a little disappointed.