Author Topic: New Nintendo Release Dates  (Read 6392 times)

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
New Nintendo Release Dates
« on: February 04, 2004, 04:06:14 AM »
Nintendo's updated their master release list, check out what's coming to a store near you soon.

Source: Nintendo.com

Nintendo's official website has been updated with some brand new release dates for games coming out in quarter 2. Here's a list of the updates:

• Mario Golf: Advance Tour - Jun 28, 2004
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: May 24, 2004
  • Custom Robo - May 10, 2004
  • WarioWare, Inc: Mega Party Game$ - Apr 05, 2004

For reference, here's some info on the games. Mario Golf is the next incarnation of Game Boy Advance Mario Golf series while Mario vs. Donkey Kong (which was on display at E3 2002) is a connectivity title lets players make their own Donkey Kong maps and play them. Custom Robo, which was at E3 2003, is a multiplayer game in which players design their own robots and pit them against each other. The new WarioWare title is a multiplayer GameCube game based around WarioWare's microgames. Our import review of it can be found here.    

• Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • Score: 1
      • View Profile
    RE: New Nintendo Release Dates
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:12:15 AM »
    So we ARE getting Custom Robo in North America.  That's cool.  Now Nintendo just has to give us the rest of the f*cking Earthbound games and we'll finally stop begging for localizations.  Until they release the next hot new Japan-only series of course.

It's nice to see Mario vs Donkey Kong returning to the spotlight again.  I haven't heard anything about that title for nearly two years.  Isn't it like a really fancy remake of the 1994 Donkey Kong remake for the Gameboy?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • Score: 4
      • View Profile
      • PaleHour
    « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 06:25:44 AM »
    Ugh, and i just imported wario ware...I still love it though.
    :: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
    ---------------------
    :: Grouvee :: Instagram

RE:New Nintendo Release Dates
    « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 06:36:59 AM »
    What about Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. That is also being delayed until March in order to make a girl's version (I hate politicaly correct games). I just wish they would release the regular and then release the girl's in March dang it.
    One day I will.

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • Score: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 10:22:27 AM »

Originally posted by: IWannaBeSponsored
    What about Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. That is also being delayed until March in order to make a girl's version (I hate politicaly correct games).

I also hate the whole "political correctness" issue.  I do think you're wrong about this one though.  MOST video games have a male character leading the game.  This is really no big deal to me, as I know most of the video game buyers are guys and that is primarily who is being catered to.  And I just don't care about playing a male in a game.  

I do think it's nice that they are throwing a bone to girls and having such an in depth game have the option of choosing male or female.  I don't see this as politically correct.  I think they're just trying to widen the group it will appeal to.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • Score: 34
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 10:23:47 AM »
    It's a big deal to me, because I AM getting the Girl's version...Then both my sister and I are happy...

(Don't take this the wrong way...I just believe that female characters > male characters ^_~)

(Oh, and it's been "rumored" that Star Fox is coming out in June, and I heard somewhere else that Tales was coming out in July...Great schedule all year... ^_^)
    ~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 10:26:13 AM »
    Hmmm....I wonder what Bill will name himself.....

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • Score: 3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 10:30:10 AM »
    Bill, I learn new things about you every day.

In  any case, I'm really surprised to see Custom Robo actually being released outside of Japan- I didn't even know the series existed until I enquired about the trophies in SSBM. It's nice to see Nintendo marketing some newer titles to American audiences.
    "You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
    • NWR Junior Ranger
    • Score: -19
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 10:51:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
    It's a big deal to me, because I AM getting the Girl's version...Then both my sister and I are happy...
    is there actually going to be two different versions of the game?  i assumed there would simply be an option to play as a male or a female character.  are the differences between the two games going to be so large that they couldn't fit it on a single disc?  if so, it seems like it's just going to be a logistics nightmare.
    Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 11:58:24 AM »
    "(Don't take this the wrong way...I just believe that female characters > male characters ^_~)"

Well this goes beyond playing as a girl character.  In Harvest Moon for Girls you also will be wooing a GUY and trying to get him to marry you.  Are you cool with that?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 12:06:30 PM »
    Since it's a game, I am 100% fine with it...A change of pace is always good...

Ms. Pikmin - I haven't really thought of a name yet, though I'm particularly fond of the names Rosette, Marin, and Tai...Oh, and Bridget...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 12:10:53 PM »
    Hmm. . . may get WarioWare, but we'll see.

Female characters are cool.  Yup.
    HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
    YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • Score: 28
      • View Profile
      • Six Sided Video
    « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 12:56:05 PM »
    Whether you woo the girls, guys, or the cows, things will be fine.
    :: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
    PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 01:38:16 PM »
    I thought Bridget was a guy though?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 01:48:05 PM »
    Bridget's a girl's name... ^_^

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 02:34:26 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

It's nice to see Mario vs Donkey Kong returning to the spotlight again.  I haven't heard anything about that title for nearly two years.  Isn't it like a really fancy remake of the 1994 Donkey Kong remake for the Gameboy?

It's a new title that builds on the original game and the 1994 remake. The basic plotline is that Donkey Kong has come across a factory making Mario dolls. DK becomes jealous and begins to monkey around with the factory. Of course, it's just an excuse for some more platform goodness... yum.
    From what I can tell though, it has nothing to do with that mysterious DK game that appeared at E3 2003... perhaps that's somewhere else or perhaps hidden within the game?

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 03:05:57 PM »

Whether you woo the girls, guys, or the cows, things will be fine.

That's a classic quote right there.

I hope you're right Bill, about ToS going for that July release. It's a no brainer that good Rpg+No school=lots of sleepless fun.

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
    Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
    Ma ma coo sa

Offline babaloulou

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 07:11:11 PM »
     ------
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:25:05 PM by babaloulou »
    I'm sorry momma/I didn't mean to make you mad/But tonight, I'm crying in the closet.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 09:49:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
    It's a big deal to me, because I AM getting the Girl's version...

Hehe.....if I pick the game up, I'll get the Girl's version too!  It would be more fun to play....

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2004, 10:51:01 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
    So we ARE getting Custom Robo in North America.  That's cool.  Now Nintendo just has to give us the rest of the f*cking Earthbound games and we'll finally stop begging for localizations.  Until they release the next hot new Japan-only series of course.

what about teh ever suffering PAL gamer eh? i'm still begging for localisation of ChronoTrigger, Mario RPG etc ;__;
    OUT OF DATE.

Offline Renny

• Satin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 03:45:37 AM »
    You know I'm getting WarioWare. :¬D Thanks Nintendo, for releasing the GCN version despite the veritable bomb that was Mega Microgame$.
    "... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 04:43:58 AM »
    Hey, MagicBox www.the-magicbox.com has a couple other release dates up too. Any reason these got left out? Sorry to cut other sites news, but its not like its exclusive stuff:

*  Apr 5 - Wario Ware Inc (GC)
       * May 1 - Pikmin 2 (GC)
       * May 10 - Custom Robo: Battle Revolution (GC)
       * May 11 - Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GC)
       * May 24 - Mario Vs Donkey Kong (GBA)
       * Jun 15 - StarFox 2 (GC)
       * Jun 28 - Mario Golf: Advance Tour (GBA)
       * Jul 13 - Tales of Symphonia (GC)
       * Oct 15 - Killer 7 (GC)
       * Nov 15 - Resident Evil 4 (GC)
       * TBA - Super Monkey Ball 3 (GC)

Pikmin, StarFox, Tales of Symphonia, RE4, Monkey Ball 3, Killer 7. Sometimes I see all those screen shots for the million and a half racing games PS2 gets and I get sad. This list makes it all go away.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 06:28:48 AM »
    Is anyone else irritated when the new Star Fox game is refered to as "Star Fox 2"?  I mean wasn't Star Fox 64 "Star Fox 2"?  I'm not blaming WesDawg, Nintendo themselves for some reason has referred to it as such.  Curse Capcom for making Street Fighter II: Champion Edition and screwing up numbering series forever.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 07:10:37 AM »
    Hmmm...So those Star Fox/Tales rumors are true...

Oh, and Ian, you might be even more irritated to know that Star Fox 2 was the name of the Japan-only SNES sequel to Star Fox...  Of course, it's only a temporary name...I hope they go back to Star Fox Armada...

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 07:22:18 AM »
    "Oh, and Ian, you might be even more irritated to know that Star Fox 2 was the name of the Japan-only SNES sequel to Star Fox..."

It's not a Japan-only title, it's vaporware.  It was never finished or released so I don't count it.  It's assumed that development on it was scrapped to concentrate on making an N64 version.