Author Topic: Konami Shows off Limited Edition Metal Gear Bundle  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Konami Shows off Limited Edition Metal Gear Bundle
« on: February 02, 2004, 04:29:48 PM »
Finally a picture of the box full of goodies heading to Japan.

Reported by Daniel Bloodworth

Source: Konami
Link: http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/japanese/limited_index.html

Konami has finally released an image of the Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Premium Package.  Konami stresses that this bundle is being produced in very limited supply, so if you want one, you'd better find an import store carrying it soon.  

Again the Premium Package includes:
  • Limited edition MGS GameCube
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
  • A bonus disc with the NES version of Metal Gear
  • A 44 page booklet on the history of the Metal Gear series
  • Daniel Bloodworth
    Managing Editor
    GameTrailers

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
    • NWR Staff
    • Score: 37
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    RE:Konami Shows off Limited Edition Metal Gear Bundle
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 04:46:23 PM »
    That GameCube is pretty weak if all they're doing is slapping a logo on top of a standard Platinum.
    THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline thUnd3Rm0nk3y

• Score: 0
      • View Profile
    RE: Konami Shows off Limited Edition Metal Gear Bundle
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 06:29:50 PM »
    ^Might be just that, but to me... it's the sexiest thing in the world.

*passes out*
    ANSWER ME!!!!

Do I look fat in this monkey?

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 06:40:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Jonnyboy117
    That GameCube is pretty weak if all they're doing is slapping a logo on top of a standard Platinum.

Gamepro had a close up and yea the GCN is disappionting, but the box for it is amazing. I appreciate the shot because they did not show the anything but the system and the box.

and again the japanese get way better cover art with their games (oh well they gotta pay an extra 25 bucks)

Offline Madman Adam

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 07:09:10 PM »
    Haha! Sweet! But no so sweet if you actually own the original Metal Gear for the Nintendo anyway, as is my case.  But I get it in cartridge format!  Which also isn't that great because unless you have a top loading NES, it takes forever to get the game to work on the regular NES when it gets old.  Still looks like a nice pacakge though, even if the sole logo on the GC is a bit cheap.  But at least it doesn't make it look cheezy and overdone, still stylish looking in all its platinum glory.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • Score: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 07:47:22 PM »
    I want a Metal Gear bonus disc.  Konami, are you reading this?  I pre-ordered f*cking Rebel Strike for a bonus disc, you think I wouldn't do so for MGS?  Throw in the booklet too while you're at it.

Offline uwvark

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 02:01:05 AM »
    That would be alright to have.
    POWER, WISDOM, & COURAGE

Offline Original-Gamer

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 03:34:59 AM »
    Yeah it does look pretty weak,  I was exspecting alittle more but thats ok,  because the majority of the people who are gonna buy this bundle are hard-core Metal Gear fans who dont own a Game Cube yet,  and would be happy if it said Metal Gear on it or not.  
    Winners come and go,  but Legends are forever-

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
    • NWR Junior Ranger
    • Score: -19
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 07:40:44 AM »
    do people in japan own 5 gamecubes and 8 gameboy advances each?  maybe it's my narrow american mind, but i really don't get the point of the limited edition systems.

which reminds me, does anyone know if nintendo ever came out with that limited edition gamecube for the japanese baseball team?
    Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 09:22:22 AM »
    Yeah, I don't like the whole limited edition system thing either. I think that anyone whose really into games enough to look for limited edition things probably already owns the system.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
    "But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Kyosho

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 09:30:43 AM »

A bonus disc with the NES version of Metal Gear

Companies should get in on this.  If the newest game had some kinda old school popular free disc of a full game, that tempts me to put $$$ down on the game asap.  Zelda was a good example.  If they do this for Metal Gear in the US, I'd drive to EB right now and put $$ down instead of buying it after it's been released.  

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 09:42:34 AM »
    "does anyone know if nintendo ever came out with that limited edition gamecube for the japanese baseball team? "

yes they did and it is based on the japanese pitcher from the cleveland indians. It is exactly like the other cubes, the only differance is you put the disk in the back of it, instead of the front.
    Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline legendofganon

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 10:38:04 AM »
    I wish they would do a preorder special for the bonus disk.  I think they'd get a lot of $ for doing that!
    Long Live Kefka from FF3!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: February 03, 2004, 11:05:47 AM »

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck
    It is exactly like the other cubes, the only differance is you put the disk in the back of it, instead of the front.
    really?  i thought it was the same as any other cube, except for the paint job.  i remember it being white with red pin stripes.  are we talking about the same limited edition version, or is this a different one?
    Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • Score: 64
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 03, 2004, 11:50:47 AM »
    heheh....i just want the cover plate
    NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
    • NWR Staff Pro
    • Score: 14
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 12:51:57 PM »
    hahaha cubedcanuck, good one.

for those that didn't get the joke, read this story.

silks
    Jon Lindemann
    Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: February 03, 2004, 01:20:55 PM »

Originally posted by: kingvudu
    do people in japan own 5 gamecubes and 8 gameboy advances each?  maybe it's my narrow american mind, but i really don't get the point of the limited edition systems.

which reminds me, does anyone know if nintendo ever came out with that limited edition gamecube for the japanese baseball team?

Yes it was striped. I think its modeled after the Tigers(japanese team)

Offline APGCGuy

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 06:30:36 AM »

Originally posted by: ib2kool4u912
    Yeah, I don't like the whole limited edition system thing either. I think that anyone whose really into games enough to look for limited edition things probably already owns the system.
    Some people are just collectors and suckers for that kind of thing. I, for example, have all the US-released L.E. GameBoys...

Originally posted by: thecubedcanuck
    "does anyone know if nintendo ever came out with that limited edition gamecube for the japanese baseball team? "

yes they did and it is based on the japanese pitcher from the cleveland indians. It is exactly like the other cubes, the only differance is you put the disk in the back of it, instead of the front.

Originally posted by: Silks
    hahaha cubedcanuck, good one.

for those that didn't get the joke, read this story.

silks
    Ugh. That joke was... well, OK, I don't find it too insulting, but it was a bit tasteless. I think it's a terrible shame that there's such a stigma attached to homosexuality in sports.

Also, I notice that "g@y" is a forbidden word on the message board. That sucks. I guess it's to prevent demeaning useage by ignorant people, such as "that's so g@y".

In that you are correct, but we don't need you going into details on the rest of this stuff. -Bloodworth

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 06:34:15 AM »
    thanks for clearing that up, silks.  btw, why do you feel the need to "sign" each of your posts with your login name?

Offline APGCGuy

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2004, 07:18:25 AM »
    We don't need to know details on anyone's sex life. -Bloodworth

Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand. While I don't mind discussing that stuff, this is a Metal Gear thread. I can't wait for Twin Snakes, I wish I could get this bundle in English. I love those nameplate thingies... I have the Metroid Prime one from Europe...