Author Topic: The Ique is coming to America!  (Read 6461 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Ique is coming to America!
« on: January 07, 2004, 02:53:03 PM »
You may say I have no proof but Does the U.S. Patent Office lie?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
RE:The Ique is coming to America!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 03:10:15 PM »
Come on Guys this is BIG news. This is the "new and exciting product." Are the forums really this dead?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 03:16:32 PM »

A method of securely operating a video game system having a game processing system for executing a video game program and for accessing the Internet, said video game system including a mass storage device, comprising the steps of: requesting by a user a video game to be downloaded for storage on said mass storage device; transmitting an encrypted game request to a server which uniquely identifies said mass storage device, said request being generated by a mass storage device controller associated with said mass storage device; and downloading said game program in ecrypted form via the Internet to the video game system so as to define the areas of said mass storage device that said game program has permission to access; and writing said downloaded game program to said mass storage device.

Now that sounds like downloadable games to me!
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 03:18:18 PM »
You're right, this is some huge news. I was beginning to envy China getting the Ique while the rest of the world didn't. Great find, Advanced, seriously- I would never have expected to check the patent office.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 03:20:55 PM »
But isnt the Ique some kind of machine where you can only save the game on a card until you get a new one?
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 03:22:18 PM »
so explain this Ique to me again, you buy it and it has games already programmed on it such as favorites from the nes and snes greats.  If thats it its gonna be great just make sure the final fantasy series isnt left out.
PikkCuber

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: The Ique is coming to America!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 03:24:06 PM »
You can also purchase separate cards(aka whole games) so you don't have to delete your first one...

Now I'm glad I didn't purchase the Chinese one...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 03:25:07 PM »
Basically that is it.  China is notorious for pirating, so nintendo basially put a n64 emulator in a controller, which can get some kind of media attachment and super cheap games (under 10 dollars).  The chinese can download the games from certain booths for a few dollars. Looks like they are going to do this off the internet instead of booths.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 03:25:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure you have to pay money, albeit a small amount to have the game downloaded to your SD card or something along those lines.  

So the Harddrive is for real as well.  Maybe even classic games online...yes!

RC pro am...online...woo hoo!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 03:30:01 PM »
Hmmm... this is either very good... or very bad...

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 03:31:40 PM »
This is....unexpected. How far is this Ique gonna dig into our wallets I wonder? This sounds like fun.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 03:38:36 PM »
*Sniff sniff*.... You smell that ?

That's the sweet smell of the cables being used to get Nintendo gamers online at last!

It appears they've omitted a diagram of this potential bombshell.  Guess they knew someone would be looking online,  if you know what I mean. Oh well.  Guess we'll have to wait for confirmation from NOA themselves when the time comes.

EDIT: If your scroll down to the end, they have a images link, but I lack the proper plugin. Didn't think they still use .Tiff files...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 03:44:08 PM »
It looks like a N64 .  By the way, this was filed May 15th, 2002.  I dont know about this....

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
It's possible NOA was just securing the patent to the Ique in America should they decide to release it. Still, though, that would appear to be a very early patent for a product that was just released.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 04:12:55 PM »

thats total BS!!

I refuse to believe that Nintendo's exciting new product is the damn Ique.

Now dont get me wrong, its great that its coming to America, but the Ique CANT be the new product simply because it is not new!!

Really, I refuse to believe it. To me, it would be such a let down. Its a cool gimmick and probably will get some popularity, but it is in no way revolutionary nor is it "new". I know reasons why it cant be the new product have been stated before.

I dont believe its the Ique.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
Dare I say, MEGAT0N!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 05:15:54 PM »
Oh, and about this being Iwata's SHHHH! TOP SECRET!!!! project, according to IGN (I know, consider the source :/) this is not it. They are saying that Iwata said in an interview that it is something unlike the GCN and GBA. He said it will "enable fun and movement not seen before". I wonder what it could be?  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline seven_chaos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 09:16:22 AM »
I think the keyword in what Iwata said is MOVEMENT.  The only other Nintendo non-main system to ever grace our hands is the Virtual Boy.  That word movement really makes me believe that this new product is a new kind of Virtual Boy!  If not a VB, then some kind of new Virtual Reality game unit.  I hope this be true.
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music..." - Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 10:06:06 AM »
"I think the keyword in what Iwata said is MOVEMENT."

So it's another power glove!  I love the power glove.  It's SO bad.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:32 AM »

Really, I refuse to believe it. To me, it would be such a let down. Its a cool gimmick and probably will get some popularity, but it is in no way revolutionary nor is it "new". I know reasons why it cant be the new product have been stated before.

Maybe you should read the patent, or some of the highlights like 'internet', 'harddrive' and 'downloadable games'.  Whats not to like?

Offline Majexto

• How do I posted reply?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 02:14:57 PM »
http://www.majexto.com/nintendo/

There are some screen shots of the 41 pictures that were capable of being seen on the website which no one has posted yet.  This item is not the N64, it even mentions the N64 being one of the first 3d capable items being developed at a low cost.  Also on a note if you look at one of the schematic pictures it contains a monitor, mouse, and keyboard.  Interesting, yet on another picture it shows a game system.  I have a feeling the more computer looking diagram was to show as an example of a computer.  oh well I dont know what im talking about just thought id upload some of the pictures and stats of the "system".

Also I dont know if I got a pic of this but here is a little info.

Inventors -
Vinal Parihk
Robert Moore
Howard Cheng

Address -
Nixon & Vanderhye P.C.
8th Floor
1100 North Globe Road
Arlington VA 22201-4714

Enjoyyyyyyyy

Also one other thought, You guys are thinking in the wrong direction.  Remember how nintendo announced not a next generation console but a new innovative console to be released late 2004, bingo.  There is a lot of internal main memory device or some stuff in there, plus online capabilities etc etc.  Guessing a console where you can download games via broadband.  Simple as that.  I keep adding stuff lol.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 02:56:42 PM »
Two and two together?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 07:30:19 PM »
That patent could have been filed to prevent patent stealing (US law allows you to patent things that have been invented by someone else in another country and sue them for infringing your patent).
This motion thing doesn't have to be built into a controller or helmet, how about, say, a belt with a motion detector?

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 02:51:50 AM »
just because it's patented doesn't mean it's going to be constructed right, possibly they are just ensuring they hold the rights to the name out here should they decide to release it, having said that should it come to australia i wouldn't mind (legally) downloading chronotrigger (if it's available) ^_______________^

edit: turns out i didn't check page two, and lo! kdr posted teh same thing great minds think alike and fools seldom differ ^_^
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2004, 10:27:10 AM »

Maybe you should read the patent, or some of the highlights like 'internet', 'harddrive' and 'downloadable games'. Whats not to like?

its not that i wouldn't enjoy something like that, but frankly I expect miracles from nintendo. And internet, a hardrive, and downloadable games sound awesome, i'd be more excited if this was a new feature for say, the grba, then for the ique....i just...dont like the ique :-P  It just doesn't seem radical enough for my taste
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining