Author Topic: BG&E for $19.99  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
BG&E for $19.99
« on: January 06, 2004, 07:02:51 AM »
The critically acclaimed adventure is now available at a reduced price on each system.

Reported by Jonathan Metts

Source: IGNcube
"A Beyond Good Deal"

Due to the game's poor holiday sales, publisher Ubi Soft has reduced the price of Beyond Good & Evil to $19.99 on all three console platforms, half of its original MSRP.  The game was released just last month, amid the torrent of software launches that always precede Christmas.

A statement from Ubi Soft obtained by IGNcube also notes that the game has not been discontinued on any platform, despite heavy rumors to the effect last week.  The rumors appear to stem from the fact that Electronics Boutique has chosen to no longer carry the title on its shelves or website, presumably due to the weak sales so far.  However, other major retailers are still selling the game, and any retailer may order additional shipments from Ubi Soft.

Jonathan says: The game should receive a huge boost in sales now, as low-priced software goes very quickly in North America.  Drastically reduced games often approach the top of sales charts, competing with major new releases that week.  It will be quite interesting to see whether EB picks the game back up if its sales do spike up dramatically.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:BG&E for $19.99
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 09:08:51 AM »
**Non-GameCube Related**

At Curciuit City its only $10.00 if you buy it for PS2

**/end Non-GameCube Related**

but I am headed to Circuit City right now to pick up a copy for GC

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: BG&E for $19.99
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 09:27:37 AM »
You'll never find it at circuit city, just like all their ads they put it out and only have 3 in store.  We sold out of our allotment (as did the other 3 stores in the area) in under an hour on day one of the sale.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 01:14:01 PM »
I asume you are talking about the PS2 version cause all 3 of the GC copies were still there (conviently hidden amongst/behind other old/bad games)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 01:34:50 PM »
Yeah, ps2 one for 9.99...
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 02:29:22 PM »
Best Buy just shipped mine out. However, I think this game might've gotten more attention if it hadn't been released at Christmas, especially competeing with Nintendo's own stellar titles.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 03:21:14 PM »
Yeah, I think it was simply a matter of timing and marketing.  I was already planning on buying it, but I had too many games on my plate already from the November releases.  I've ordered it now of course.  How could you pass up one of the better games of the year at half-price?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 03:35:12 PM »
Can anyone tell me which version they think is better, PS2 or Gamecube? They're both very cheap now, although I could get it for $10 cheaper on the PS2, but if the Gamecube version has any extra features, better graphics, or smoother framerate I'll go with it instead.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Geoz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 04:46:13 PM »
Oh well. Bought it december 31 for full price. it was worth it though, so I don't feel cheated. so sad when good games don't sell.
Always forgive your enemies. Nothing anoys them so.
Oscar Wilde

Offline Abbepp

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 07:47:40 PM »
On Ign.com, they did a head to head of BG&E on all three systems.  They rated X-Box #1, Gamecube a close second, and PS2 a distant third because of big framerate problems.  Thats not to say that BG&E is a bad game at all if the PS2 is your only system.  

P.S.  The Pelican System Selector Pro PS-957 absolutely rocks.  It has eight component inputs.  Great for those with HD TV's.  Planetgamecube.com should do a review on it.  I just got mine today at BestBuy for $99.95.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »
Thanks, Abbepp- my Insider subscription ran out a couple months ago, so no Headto-Head articles for me. I'll probably pick up the Gamecube version if it'll save me some framerate troubles.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill