Author Topic: Return of the King anyone???  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Luciferschild

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Return of the King anyone???
« on: December 09, 2003, 04:13:02 PM »
First let me say that this game just blew me away... which hasn't happened in quite a while. They took everything from the two towers and improved upon it. Most importantly they gave the fans what they wanted. Want to be gandalf? Okay now you can be. Want co-op? You got it. The two towers was a good game to rent but not necessarily worth buying, I think this game is a must own though. It has great music (it's from the movies, so the game can't really take redit for that), great level design, more characters to play, better graphics etc... Once you go through the game and get all leveled up you can go back through the earlier levels and just annihilate everyone. It's fun. I think it's one of the best games ever and I haven't even played the co-op mode yet (I will shortly). I just wanted to give this game some much deserved praise and recomend it to anyone who hasn't played it. It's hella good.  

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
RE:Return of the King anyone???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 05:05:02 PM »
There is a reader review dection y'know....
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline mario mario

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 10:34:20 PM »
It doesn't really have to be in the review section since in the "Gamecube Discussion" forum you can talk about anything Gamecube which includes games.  Besides its not so much as a review but just saying how cool the game is which by the way does sound cool!!!  I havn't played any of the Lord Of The Rings games but what your saying Luciferschild I wanna play the game now!!!
It's e' me, Mario!!!!!!

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Return of the King anyone???
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 11:55:09 PM »
If this game is anything like The Two Towers, then I'm not interested in it at all.  To me, it's basically a hack-n-slash button-mashing POS.   Of course, that's just my opinion.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 03:52:54 PM »
Well if you didn't like The Two Towers then no you wouldn't like it. I'm surprised that you disliked it so much though. My post isn't a review so why would would it be in the review section. Wow the people on this board seem pretty apathetic about this truly awesome game. I don't get it. Ah....but actually I do get it.  

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 10:57:28 AM »
Are you one of the few members here who doesn't like Zelda: TWW? I'm just curious....
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 11:02:26 AM »
I enjoyed The Two Towers, and I am fully interested in this.

I hope you can play as more characters.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 09:05:35 PM »

I hope you can play as more characters.

You can play as faramir, merry, pippin, frodo, sam, gandalf, legalos, gimli, and Aragorn. The first 4 you have to unlock by beating the game I think. But the first time through you can only use certain characters for certain levels.    

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 07:37:55 AM »
Two Towers was not simple hack and slash button mashing gameplay.....

there were many combos for attacking, and on non-easy modes, you have to utilize
different combos for different enemies to succeed, hence, not hack and slash button mashing.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 02:12:30 PM »
Yeah, I know.  But it gets so repetitive that it might as well be.  I dislike having to do the same thing 50 times in a level in order to move on to the next one.

Offline Luciferschild

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 08:57:41 PM »
Technically you could say the game is a button masher, I mean you do mash the buttons a lot. I just find it to be incredibly fun. But like that other dude said there is a lot of skill involved especially on the higher difficulities. For example I was playing with my brother today and he kept dying because he hasn't mastered the combinations or blocking so I pretty much had to do everything. The game can make you feel like you're part of a huge epic battle and that's what I find so awesome about it. For the kind of game it is, it's exeremely well done.  

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 11:15:36 PM »
Sorry bout my first post , the Topic started off as a review. Its all cool now.  
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 07:35:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Luciferschild
Technically you could say the game is a button masher, I mean you do mash the buttons a lot. I just find it to be incredibly fun. But like that other dude said there is a lot of skill involved especially on the higher difficulities. For example I was playing with my brother today and he kept dying because he hasn't mastered the combinations or blocking so I pretty much had to do everything. The game can make you feel like you're part of a huge epic battle and that's what I find so awesome about it. For the kind of game it is, it's exeremely well done.

Well, that makes a difference.  If there's co-op, then I'm pretty sure the fun factor is raised quite a bit over The Two Towers.  Maybe I will give this title a try.

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2003, 04:14:23 AM »
I agree with Luciferson, the game does make you feel like your in an epic battle. The graphics are amazing, each animation looks as smooth as a babies bottom. On co-op the game is outrageously fun, (thats right outrageously fun), and single player is great, too. I've only played the first gandalf level in single player, but in co-op the game is very strategical, sometimes you have to stop in the middle of a combo just so your buddy can get the potion in front of you.

Oh, all that from the first 4 levels, mmmmmmmm... amazing game.
Tyler Durden Says: Use Soap
One time at band camp, I shoved a kazoo up my nose and now I can do this (TWEEEEEET) Wicked Awesome

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2003, 05:09:25 AM »
The Two Towers was a great game, but Fellowship of the Ring was terrible, IMO. Return of the King is certainly on my X-Mas list.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!