Author Topic: Bring Back Clerks!  (Read 8877 times)

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bring Back Clerks!
« on: November 04, 2003, 05:57:11 PM »
I think that Clerks with Jay and Silent Bob was the best cartoon ever! Lets bring it back! Maybe even a game! I wouldn't care if it sucked! Who's with me?!
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Bring Back Clerks!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:29:35 AM »
So you actually want a crappy game made?  Odd..............................
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Bring Back Clerks!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:32:30 AM »
I never saw the cartoon, actually, though I saw it advertised once.  The movie was classic, though.  Hilarious.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 09:33:46 AM »
I saw a couple of episodes. They were dumb.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline DarkRockerX

• Guitar Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 09:41:06 AM »
You can't diss Clerks, the Clerks cartoon, or any of the movies in that series.

Mallrats is the best, Saving Amy is alright, but I havent seen Dogma, or Jay + Silent Bob Strike Back

I'd love a game about the Clerks series. That would be great
I am one of the dark motherf*ckers you'll ever meet!

Rock on!!

Current Listening to: Seether, Disturbed, Nirvana, A Perfect Circle, Puddle of Mudd

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 09:47:03 AM »

Mallrats is the best, Saving Amy is alright, but I havent seen Dogma, or Jay + Silent Bob Strike Back

Are you crazy?  Mallrats is the worse, albeit still funny, movie in the series.  

1.Clerks
2.Dogma
3.CHASING Amy
4.Jay and Silent Bob strikes back(though you must see all the others first to understand all the hidden jokes in it.)
5.Mallrats

Clerks cartoon was okay, but i've been considering getting it on DVD to see all of the episodes before i formulate an opinion.
I would like a game based on Clerks somehow as well.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 09:54:10 AM »
I thought the cartoons were pretty funny, same for dilbert cartoons, it's just a matter of opinion.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 10:30:35 AM »
Dilbert cartoons are hilarious.

I've seen Mallrats, Dogma, and Clerks, but I don't have any particular ranking for them.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 11:55:52 AM »
Did any of you see the four lost episodes? Those were the best!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 11:58:57 AM »
Mallrats is quite easily the funniest- it goes Mallrats, then Clerks, then Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (although that was a hilarious movie). Dogma and Chasing Amy were nowhere near as funny, but then again they weren't intended to be and more than make up for it in other areas. I personally think Chasing Amy was the best made movie and Mallrats was by far the funniest.

The Clerks cartoon was very funny as well, although I think they only made some 11 episodes. However, I do remember hearing Kevin Smith is making a Clerks animated movie, so that's a plus.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 12:19:02 PM »

Did any of you see the four lost episodes? Those were the best!
Those were pretty funny.  I wasn't even planning on watching them until my friend forced me too, I ended up laughing the whole time though.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 04:43:07 PM »
I've seen Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and a couple of episodes of the cartoon. Chasing Amy is my least favorite out of all of them. That ending was just... Oh dear God. Not that I really liked the rest of the movie either. Dogma would have been my favorite if God hadn't ended up being a *SPOILERS* retarded Alanis Morissette with the mind of a two year old. I thought the movie was wonderful but the instant she showed up and started doing hand stands and sh!t *END SPOILERS* it completely ruined it for me. Basically I'm not a Kevin Smith fanboy.  

Oh and to explain my dislike of the cartoon it's just that trying to take Clerks and turn its very adult humor into a family freindly cartoon doesn't work in my opinion.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 11:27:28 AM »
Quote from Mouse_Clicker
However, I do remember hearing Kevin Smith is making a Clerks animated movie, so that's a plus.

Where did you hear this? Do you know the site? If you do, then that would be great!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2003, 11:33:48 AM »
I'm not quite sure, RPGfreak- in fact, I'm starting to think it was a figment of my imagination. I usually don't just dream that kind of stuff up, though, so I must've of head it somewhere.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2003, 12:05:56 PM »
No, it wasn't a figment fo your imagination, Smith mentions it on the dvd 'A night with kevin smith'  
http://www.newsaskew.com/ is kevin smith's site.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 04:15:54 PM »
Gibdo, the handstandy thing was supposed to show how light hearted and fun God supposedly is.  I think they could have done it a bit better, too, with a little better casting, but I think that portrayal of God is okay.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 05:06:09 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
Mallrats is quite easily the funniest- it goes Mallrats, then Clerks, then Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (although that was a hilarious movie). Dogma and Chasing Amy were nowhere near as funny, but then again they weren't intended to be and more than make up for it in other areas. I personally think Chasing Amy was the best made movie and Mallrats was by far the funniest.

What he said.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 05:42:23 PM »
i am the only person to ever see the movies and hate them. well i did like dogma, but the rest.....i just flat out don't get them.  
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 05:49:02 PM »
Well, I'd imagine Kevin Smith's movies would only appeal to a certain group of people, so I'm not surprised someone here doesn't like them.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2003, 05:53:11 PM »
yea well all my friends think they are funny, but i truely dont think they are...besides dogma.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 06:03:18 PM »
Understandable- it is a lot of dick and fart jokes.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 06:05:19 PM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
i am the only person to ever see the movies and hate them. well i did like dogma because it trashed the catholic cult, but the rest.....i just flat out don't get them.

My roommate hates Quinten Tarantino (sp? way drunk) and I can accept that, although I will never understand it.  I am sure you aren't the only one, although I am sure that you are the minority.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2003, 06:14:03 PM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
well i did like dogma because it trashed the catholic cult...
I really don't appreciate that comment...Keep your hating to yourself, thank you very much...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2003, 06:14:19 PM »
I like Quentin Tarantino, but I can't stand when people go off on rants about how great he is. Blegh.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2003, 06:16:13 PM »
my comment was both immature and rude and i appoligize.

Thomas Paine