Author Topic: Serious Sam on GC!!!!  (Read 3202 times)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Serious Sam on GC!!!!
« on: October 02, 2003, 12:44:20 PM »

i never played serious sam be4 but from the pics i have seen from previous versions, the game looks pretty good

i dont know how to post links so just go to n-philes.com and its on the homepage
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Serious Sam on GC!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 01:39:22 PM »
Comments from the previous version was pretty much like "its a shoot everything in sight" type of game.  Not much point to it, just a whole lot of shooting guys.  It is very fast paced if I remember.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 03:31:26 PM »
Comments from the previous game were pretty much "it is a cool and bright and happy and insane game that does not take place in a crate-filled sewer cave like every fps ever has. It also has a hippie mode where you shoot guys and candy and lollipops and icecream spill out and splatter everywhere."

oh wate wut

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Serious Sam on GC!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 04:17:26 PM »
ummm... whoo hoo?  A generic FPS game available on PC for $10 CAD comes to GameCube?  I'm freakin thrilled.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 04:19:12 PM »
IT HAS ICE CREAM? *Attempts to Pre-order the game from a hardware shop and recieves a serious ear bashing from some clerk named Sam*

I liked the original on PC. It was very mindless fun. Walk around, get swamped in ga-billions of enemies, turn them into red mist. Continue. Yay!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 07:59:23 PM »
I'm just saying you need to give it a good look because it is the complete opposite of Rune

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 11:56:04 PM »
i would/will get it on PC, i own 0 console FPS, ZZZZERO, no mouse and keyboard ;P

Offline Boffo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 12:01:27 AM »
Serious Sam has awesome multiplayer.  It's very fast-paced and intense, as a good fps should be.  I can't wait for it.

Offline Kyosho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 02:00:57 PM »
It's also tedious after a while and after you beat the last level.  The game is a 1 week thing... you'd get bored of it after a couple hours.  It was fun when I played on LAN with 4 other people, but I cant imagine playing this game on the Cube.

Offline Wesisapie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 02:11:31 AM »
My name is in the credits of that game

At the end, for SS Forum Verterans
Fin.

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 02:26:18 AM »
Any game with mass appeal is good for the game cube, regardless of how many here like it.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 03:10:17 AM »
Well, I went back and played the entire way through in one sitting and I must say how are you going to play that game without a mouse and keyboard?

The masses of ememies which some grow to some infinte bocy count would require the players to pick of targets at near extream ranges with quick target changes. Throw in the need to change wapons quickly it is going to be hell to play.

Damn good gam, but without a mouse and keyboard or some heavy game play tweaks, deadmeat.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 05:15:45 AM »
oohhboy

I for one dont play PC games simply becuase I hate mouse and keyboard setups, I love console FPS's however.

So you see, many may actually like this.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 06:58:06 AM »
I see your pont, but the main difference between console and PC FPS is the pacing. Console FPS tend to be slower to accommodate the lower reaction time caused by the controls. If Serious Sam was to be released as is, it would be near impossible to play properly. But if it was slowed down alittle and Sam was given some speed to dogde to make up for the fall in aiming reaction time it would work. Auto aiming would be of little use once they started swarming but more than adquate for smll groups

Mind you though those places with weird phyiscs and what not are hard enough to play as it is although they were some of the most fun sections of the game to play.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 06:59:06 AM »
oohhboy: Ask around in XBox forums, after all there's an XB-version already out there.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2003, 01:46:37 AM »
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY READY?

Seriously thoough....the game is alright.  And on Xbox a long time ago.  Hippy mode is fun though.

Now that I think about it, I played the xbox version with a friend, it was insanly easy...