Author Topic: Mario 128 canned?  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Mario 128 canned?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2003, 07:20:31 PM »
There is no Megaton.

Offline GoldShadow1

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2003, 10:08:42 PM »
I cannot understand this hatred for SMS.  Any game with controls as amazing as SMS's is fine by me.  It's like Mario 64, completely smoothed out and polished... just running around in the main hub, wall-jumping and back-flipping from rooftop to rooftop to a boat to a dive and twirl to a triple jump with a spray back-up to a an enormous bell tower to an amazing dive to the water below... is something that cannot be captured elsewhere.  The only thing that disappointed me is that some of the goals were stupid and had too few platforming elements, and the game was too short (And no, I'm not going to try and force myself to collect 500 blue coins.  That's a cheap game-lengthening tactic and Nintendo knows it.)

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
RE:Mario 128 canned?
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2003, 04:22:17 PM »
I think that the next Mario game needs to take the power-ups from the old game (frog suit, fireballs, the racoon hat) and put them into a 3D world. It would also be neat if they made new types of power-ups at the same time.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2003, 04:24:03 PM »
Oh yeah, and one more thing that I forgot to mention. When I said that Mario 128 could have been "Canned" I ment only for the GameCube. I wanted to know if the game will be saved for GameCube2.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2003, 04:28:44 PM »
Powerups = a very good idea.  Go Tanooki!  Though I wouldn't mind seeing Metal Mario again

And better water levels...Dire, Dire Docks was my favorite Mario level in any game...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2003, 06:00:50 PM »
I loved the metal mario theme.

Powerups would be crazy....

I loved SMS, the pump made doing nothing fun. I would spend most of my time just doing crazy wall jumps and triple jumps and all the other fun things. I remember play some soccer with some fruit, hahaah. I remeber sneaking up behind people and blasting them with my rocket pump and getting away as i sored 50 ft into the air. The only thing i wanted to do more of was surf the shells, oh ya and fly. Yoshi freaked me out, you can be spittin up juice. Its sick, and yoshi should be able to go at least 60 mph.
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2003, 10:49:22 PM »
hahahaha yoshi vomiting on people is hilarious, i want a .wav of that for my own entertainment. but yes, powerups must return, i must see my beloved hammer suit and frog suit in gamecube glory, they were funtastic!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2003, 03:14:36 AM »
And the boot!  We can't forget the boot! ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2003, 08:15:24 AM »
If they blended the NES graphics with potential GCN ones: the two often merged from 2d side-scroller (with all of SMS's abilities thrown in) to 3d third person with full detail (First person should remain with Metroid Prime), that would be a very unique game. I know nintendo aren't one to copy, but a bullet-time effect for switching between 2d/3d could be used?

Just my (wacky) ideas