Author Topic: questions reguarding GC prologic 2  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Ninkambo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
questions reguarding GC prologic 2
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:57:56 AM »
ello,
   Alright, I have been using your basic stereo audio setup on the GC since I got it.  I have made the decision to move up in the world to surround sound.  

1.) I've been looking for diffrent cables for the GC (ie. Digital RCA, Opical, or even 5 channel RCA cables) to no avail.  Are there diffrent audio cables available for the GC?

2.) I've also been looking for audio amplifiers , but the only amps that support surround sound and prologic 2 only have plugs for one or more of the cables I listed above (not 2 channel RCA) So, whats the deal with GC's surround sound?

Thanks,
-nink
"where did reality go?" asks the surrealist gamer.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
RE: questions reguarding GC prologic 2
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 07:49:03 PM »
1.) Pro Logic II uses the standard stereo cables to produce surround sound. No additional cables are necessary.

2.) Audio recievers have plugs for the yellow-red-white RCA jacks (like those on the Gamecube AV cable). Most also accept S-video and component video inputs. Don't worry if the recevier has more inputs than what your Gamecube has. Whatever connection your Gamecube is using, your receiver should be able to use the same.

For more info, view my Pro Logic II FAQ > http://www.planetgamecube.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=818&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: questions reguarding GC prologic 2
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 08:12:56 PM »
heh... methinks someone doesn't know what Prologic is.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Muki

• View Profile
RE:questions reguarding GC prologic 2
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 09:03:23 PM »
A REAL Pro Logic I/II/IIx Reciever will have an input for only two RCA plugs. If it has more, you only need to plug into two of them, front left and front right, and turn Pro Logic processing on. (as is the case with the Logitech Z-680's)

That is all.

Offline Ninkambo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 08:50:41 AM »
heyo,
   Sorry for the belated responce (the Miss America Contest was being held in atlantic city, heh you all understand).  Long story short...  I went out and bought a Suround Sound system and with just the RCA jacks out the back ( like everyone says ) it works... and works well.    Thanks for the info Aoi and Muki

-nink

Offline Ninkambo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 08:52:38 AM »
heyo,
   Sorry for the belated responce (the Miss America Contest was being held in atlantic city, heh you all understand).  Long story short...  I went out and bought a Suround Sound system and with just the RCA jacks out the back ( like everyone says ) it works... and works well.    Thanks for the info Aoi and Muki

-nink