Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Dress up like Jon Lindemann.
Home
News
Games
Reviews
Previews
Editorials
Features
Events
Podcasts
Forums
Videos
Chat
Store
Forum Home
Help
Calendar
Login
Register
Nintendo World Report Forums
»
Gaming Forums
»
Nintendo Gaming
»
Topic:
Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
« previous
¦
Nintendo Gaming
¦
next »
Print
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
All
Go Down
Author
Topic: Why is GCN considered to be a failure? (Read 35725 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
PIAC
is actually agentseven
Score: 2
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #50 on:
August 18, 2003, 02:45:45 AM »
blimey, i didn't realise it was that many, or how few were exclusives. i spose that includes japanese games that will never see the light outside of the land of the rising sun.
Logged
BlkPaladin
Score: 9
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #51 on:
August 18, 2003, 10:28:43 AM »
Accually there hasn't been a buyback program in the Console industry before. I don't know about Microsoft, but if they did it would be a first. That is why the Console manufatures quote the consoles shipped as sold because to them they are sold. I don't know why this is new information I have been saying that since before November of '00.
That is why when you got to a Toys R Us or a Wal-Mart you still see old consoles well after they have "expired". I know because I bought my Sega CD for a Toys R Us after Sega announced they will be ceaseing production of the Saturn.
Also I do have credenial to be a video game store I just don't have the money.
Logged
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.
Oldskool
Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
Score: 0
RE:Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #52 on:
August 18, 2003, 10:41:51 AM »
Nintendo's piggy back and AAA games say the GCN is not a failure. The mainstream TV, newspaper, and magazine Media that doesn't know diddly squat about gaming, and mainstream PS2 fans say GCN is a failure.
Logged
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"
Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.
BlkPaladin
Score: 9
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #53 on:
August 18, 2003, 10:53:41 AM »
And the fact that Nintendo see a lot more money come in from their console than Sony does.
Logged
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.
Illustrious Chen
Score: 0
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #54 on:
August 18, 2003, 01:07:12 PM »
This problem is so simple! It's not because the GameCube is a failure (which it's not) it's because a bunch of people said it was and other people are believing them.
Logged
KDR_11k
boring person
Score: 28
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #55 on:
August 19, 2003, 07:09:53 AM »
I think we should all remember that if N had made the XBox they'd already gone out of business...
Logged
)Dark-LInk(
Score: 0
RE:Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #56 on:
August 19, 2003, 05:28:15 PM »
the n64 has better games then that crap eternal loading PS crap sony made. in my eyes n64 was the "greatest"
Logged
BlkPaladin
Score: 9
RE: Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #57 on:
August 19, 2003, 05:37:13 PM »
I agree it has the best 3D platformer ever...
Logged
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.
jaz013
Score: 0
RE:Why is GCN considered to be a failure?
«
Reply #58 on:
August 19, 2003, 07:50:03 PM »
I think it depends where you live. I live in west Mexico, and here the Xbox is the great failure. It selds almost nothing, and almost all its piracy (hw and sw).
Logged
“Stultorum infinitus est numerusâ€� (El número de tontos es infinito. The number of fools is infinitum)-Eclesiastés, I, 15.
Print
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
All
Go Up
« previous
¦
Nintendo Gaming
¦
next »
Nintendo World Report Forums
»
Gaming Forums
»
Nintendo Gaming
»
Topic:
Why is GCN considered to be a failure?