Author Topic: WWE Raw2 VS Here Comes The Pain VS Wrestlemania XIX  (Read 3024 times)

Offline HiTmaN

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
WWE Raw2 VS Here Comes The Pain VS Wrestlemania XIX
« on: August 03, 2003, 04:33:38 PM »
Alright wrestling fans, the time has come. I don't think I have ever been this excited for a wrestling game. RAW2 looks sweet, and the custom song feature is awsome but for some reason I feel its not going to work the way it should. I am leaning more towards HCTP because it just looks and plays so real, and Wrestlemania doesn't have as many cool features.  
Temptation why wont you leave me alone?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:WWE Raw2 VS Here Comes The Pain VS Wrestlemania XIX
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 04:38:16 PM »
I just plain hate Raw- if the sequel's anything like the original, I'll hate it. The whole set-up is so cumbersome. I like Smackdwon for the most part- I hate the special system, but otherwise it's a very good wrestler, and I loved the story mode in Shut your Mouth. I'm really excited about WM XIX, mainly because it's the only of the 3 I don't hate an integral portion of, and the fact that it's harkening back to No Mercy and WCW vs. NWO is great. The story mode sounds really cheesy, but then again so are the plots in real wrestling. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any other huge additions, but I had the most fun with WM X8 and I'm hoping it'll carry over.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 04:46:53 PM »
I just saw the trailers for each of them. I wasnt impressed at all for Raw2, as for the WMXIX it looks the best graphic wise, but overall HTCP took the cake. The PS2 graphics look like a Dreamcast to me in some games, I just cant wait until these games come out...anyone know the release dates for WMXIX and HTCP?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »
I don't care about graphics that much- WM X8 looked like ass and I had a lot of fun with it. I certainly don't mind nice looking games, though.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 12:54:45 AM »
backyard wrestling for sure
even thu for some reason u forgot to add the coolest looking game of the lot
pity its xbox and ps2 in usa release only :\

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 04:59:26 AM »
i didnt like the first raw because of its clumsy controls, the way to do a finisher- you need both the strength meters and crowd meters all the way up- which is really hard, and its lack of modes
sure the graphics were good and the entrances were nice, but who wants that when you have no gameplay options???
and some how it got a 9.1 on ignxbox
but i have seen raw 2 and it boasts new features, new gimmick matches, and new custom music- so it could be good if it changes the controls a little
smackdown is good and i like that game a lot for its always good story mode and tons of options
wrestlemania is the most appealing to me because of the grappling system it has- the aki system of weak and strong grapples
it too has all the gimick matches and now even an odd story mode where you fight in some odd places....
i think i would buy wrestlemania because of the grapple system already but what i really want to see is fire pro wrestling to come to the US
i love those games and i love the gameplay in them- hopefully it comes out one of these years....
i call the big one bitey.

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 04:27:40 PM »
Yeah, Firepro is awsome. Backyard wrestling seems cool but I just don't see it working. If you can do all the stuff it says you can do like light people on fire, hit them with chairs, cars, slam them into the pavement or off a roof hows your opponent going to attack? The Smackdown special system is easy, but I love it. I don't have to do any annoying combos, just get in the situation and hit L1. I don't like grappling systems much because when do you see that in real wrestling? I think WWF Warzone was the best wrestling game ever.

Offline HiTmaN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 04:39:18 PM »
Bah, trying to keep this thread alive, wrestling is my favorite genre of video games. It has everything, awsome multiplayer, tons of action, fun single player, caws, and unlimited replay value.