Author Topic: Anyone else get into the Pokemon Go Beta/Field Test?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Anyone else get into the Pokemon Go Beta/Field Test?
« on: June 27, 2016, 04:14:03 AM »
So Nintendo invited me to the field test for Pokemon Go.

Having fun enough so far. It seems more about catching at this point than anything else. I currently hold three gyms for the red team. I like this setup better than ingress, but I do miss some things. I wish I knew which gyms I held and see where they were.

The main point of holding gyms is to get money. Looks like you can pay to get game-money or be good at holding gyms to make your own game-income.

It looks like they balanced all of the original monsters so that even the toss out ones from the game are viable competitively.

Leveling up monsters is a bit grindy, as you have to catch more to help evolve them. Each catch gives you a candy specific for that monster. So you need 20 Pidgey candies to evolve him to Pidgeotto, and 100 Pidgey candies to evolve to Pidgeot. Looks like you can get them exp from battles but that doesn't appear to be tied to the evolution candies/shards.

You get an incubator and can find eggs at pokestops you can hatch. Pokestops are similar to portals you would hack in Ingress. You spin the discs at the pokestops to get random items like pokeballs, potions, and revives.

If anyone is in the South Puget Sound area and interested in coordinating I'm game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Anyone else get into the Pokemon Go Beta/Field Test?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »
No. T_T
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get into the Pokemon Go Beta/Field Test?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:33:30 PM »
Just got notified by Nintendo the Field Test Version is going down on the 30th and all player data will be wiped. Bummer. But might be nice to start out fresh.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast