Author Topic: Safe Words 8: Famous Last Words. Game Over!  (Read 31516 times)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 8: Famous Last Words. Round 5.
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 12:01:50 AM »
R. I. P. me. I'll see myself out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 8: Famous Last Words. Round 5.
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2016, 12:08:47 AM »
If this is my competiton, how can I lose?

It's a pretty good question. After all, you are already the number 1 overall points leader and you've gotten those points by playing against these same competitors. Moreover, when faced with a 50/50 choice, you correctly chose the remaining Safe Word thereby forcing Silenced to choose his own bomb word. We are witnessing some ShyGuy Safe Words domination right now.

Yes, to the remaining player's credit, no one here thought they were better than Khushrenada. Except for Silenced who apparently thought differently and that someone would choose that option.

Ah, the humiliation of having to choose one's own bomb word.

Don Pardo, show him what he's won!

Buh-bye!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 8: Famous Last Words. Round 6.
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2016, 12:20:27 AM »
And with that, for the second time in a row and third time all together, Silenced has fallen at 5th place which is still the highest placement he's been able to make in a Safe Words game. The man just can not seem to get over that hump to make the final four.

As it turns out, the rich continue to get richer as 4 of the top 6 overall grand point Safe Word leaders make it into the final four. Perhaps it is the regular attendance that gives them this edge. It certainly helps in collecting points. But for whatever reason, they continue to do well and have clearly been able to back up the confident statements they've been making all game. However, as the game gets tight with very little safe word cover left, will they be able to steel their nerves to claim a victory or will their bravado fail them at these last stages and cause them to fall short? We shall soon see.

But first let's take a moment to consider our Final Four this game and what's brought us here.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:52:05 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2016, 12:33:24 AM »
We'll start in the order that the round 6 selection will occur in.

Mop it up - She currently sits in 6th place on the all-time point leaderboard at 433 points. She may have been higher than that had it not been for the fact she's played one less game than the remaining players still in this because she is one of the few people to actually host a Safe Words game meaning she was unable to collect points that game. The fact that she is so close in the standings despite having one less game on her resume is a testament to her playing ability. However, it should be noted that Mop it up has only made the Final Four once and that was in Game 6 hosted by Triforce Hermit and myself. In that game, she made it to 2nd place but lost to Lucariofan99 in the final round. But now she's back and trying to get the victory she missed out on last time she made it this far.

Her other final four competitors were Soren and Insanolord. Only Soren joins her again in this final four. She was able to outlast him before. Can she do it again as well as outlast frequent Mafia collaborator Stratos and top Safe Words player ShyGuy? So far, she has yet to control the bomb word and has had to survive on correct guesses. Will she have to continue to stay on her toes or will she be able to get control in these late stages and eliminate her opponents to claim victory? Moreover, with the million dollar bet placed between her and Khushrenada, who will end up having to pay the other?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:55:02 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2016, 12:43:06 AM »
And now we turn to Soren! Soren is at 5th place on the all-time Safe Words points leaderboard at 459 points. This is his 3rd time making the Final Four. Soren is one of the original final four members making it to 3rd place in the very first Safe Words game! He also made it to 3rd place in Game 6 as mentioned before in the Mop it up write-up. He has yet to place any higher than that. In game 1, he lost to Ceric and UncleBob who are not participating this game. In game 6, he lost to Lucariofan99 and Mop it up. Of all his final four competitors, only Mop it up returns. Will third time be the charm for Soren as looks to win his first Safe Words game? Will he be able to outlast Mop it up this time around? Will he finally get past third base place in a Safe Words game? The pressure is on as we find out. Like Mop it up, Soren has yet to control the bomb word this game and has had to survive by making a choice that speaks to him. Will the game continue this way for him or will he be able to finally get a chance in the driver's seat? In his favor is the fact that his username starts with an S because it is only S players who have been choosing bomb words this game. Will the streak continue?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:20:42 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »
I'm on a path to victory!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2016, 12:48:57 AM »
Booties๐Ÿ˜˜

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2016, 12:50:01 AM »
Holy ****, this forum supports emojis. When did that happen?

Edit: oh, I forgot, Emojis are literally just the browser automatically swapping out certain strings of symbols for goofy icons.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »
Next up, Stratos! Stratos is at 4th place on the all-time Safe Words points leaderboard at 462 points. If you are paying attention, that's only 3 points ahead of Soren. The second and third place players are currently Insanolord and UncleBob respectively. UncleBob isn't playing this round and Insanolord went out early. With a high finish, there's a good chance Stratos could leap past them both but so could Soren. Will Stratos be able to hold his position on the competition?

Like Soren, this is also Stratos's 3rd time making it to the final four. He made it here in Game 3 where he placed 4th losing to lolmonade, UncleBob and nickmitch. He returned in Game 5 where he made it to 3rd place which is also his highest finishing spot in a Safe Words game to this date. In that game he lost to Pokepal148 and the winner of Safe Words 5, ShyGuy. And look who's back in the final four this game, it's ShyGuy again. Will Stratos be able to overtake ShyGuy this time around or will history repeat itself?

Only 3 players have controlled the bomb word up to this point and they are ShyGuy, Silenced and Stratos. Stratos has eliminated one player from the one time he controlled the bomb word so he's proven he can be successful with it. With Silenced eliminated, will Stratos and ShyGuy continue to hold the power of the bomb word selection against their opponents or will the tables turn? Is ShyGuy Stratos's biggest competition or does he need to be more wary of Soren and Mop it up who are looking to pass by him? Time will tell.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:58:42 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2016, 01:02:04 AM »
Go forth my minions and ruin Khushy's safe words game.

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿข๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ”๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿง๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ–๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿจ๐Ÿต๐Ÿต๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿป

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2016, 01:32:17 AM »
And last but definitely not least, we come to ShyGuy. He currently sits at the number 1 position on the all-time Safe Words points leaderboard at 514 points. And with his performance here today, he is going to stay at number 1 no matter the outcome. Like Soren and Stratos, he has played every Safe Words game so far. Unlike them, he has actually won a Safe Words game! This is a feat he accomplished in Safe Words 5 hosted by Silenced. This is his 4th time making it to the Final Four putting him in elite company as only 2 other players have been able to accumulate 4 trips to the Final Four. Those players are UncleBob and Insanolord. No player has yet to crack making 5 trips. The other times ShyGuy has made it to the Final Four are Safe Words 4 & 7. In Safe Words 4, he placed 4th but he followed that up by winning Safe Words 5. In Safe Words 7, he placed 4th and now he's back in Safe Words 8 to place.... 1st again? There could be a pattern there.

Only 4 players have ever managed back to back Final Four finishes in Safe Words history. Unclebob holds the record for 4 in a row. Insanolord is next with 3 in a row and Lucariofan99 and someone named ShyGuy were able to get 2 in a row with Safe Words 4 & 5. With this return to the final four, ShyGuy ties his own 2 game back to back record and becomes the first player to have 2 back to back Final Four finishes over all the Safe Word games played so far. Confused yet?

ShyGuy has eliminated 2 players via his bomb word choices and he starts round 6 in control of the bomb word again which will automatically break the 2 player elimination tie he has with Silenced this game no matter the result. Only Stratos could potentially tie him this game for eliminating the most players by bomb word choice. However, that would require ShyGuy to be forced to choose his own bomb word. Yet, that's exactly what happened last game. ShyGuy had control of the bomb word at the Final Four and his opponents all guessed Safe Words leaving him stuck with his own choice. Has he learned from that loss last game or is there another pattern of play that will be fulfilled instead of another victory?

At this point, if you were to declare any player King of Safe Words, ShyGuy is probably the most deserving and best candidate to meet whatever criteria you may want to go by. About the biggest point you could make against declaring him as such is the fact that he has only won 1 game of Safe Words whereas Nuclearspeed has and is the only player to have won 2 so far. If ShyGuy can pull off the victory this game, he will tie that record also and have finally won a Safe Words game that was hosted by Khushrenada as well. With that in the bag, his throne and title would be pretty much secure. Can he pull off another victory or will one of the other remaining players prevent this coronation to get a first victory for themselves as they work on claiming that crown? All will be revealed once ShyGuy makes his bomb word selection and Round 6 begins.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:02:29 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2016, 01:40:28 AM »

๐Ÿ•๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿข๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ”๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿบ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ„๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿง๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ–๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿจ๐Ÿต๐Ÿต๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿป

Yeah. You're two lines of crap have really brought down this game.... Totally have no idea what's going on in here anymore.....

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2016, 01:43:11 AM »

Yeah. You're two lines of crap have really brought down this game.... Totally have no idea what's going on in here anymore.....

๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2016, 01:49:11 AM »
I'm wondering if there should be some consolation points for the host so that they do not fall behind in the leader boards so much. Maybe something like 1/2 of the top 4 player's average scores for the game?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot that I hosted a game. I know I usually have a middling place, which is still surprisingly good for someone with my bad luck, so my only hope was that the law of averages from appearing in every game might help me place higher.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:55 PM »
It's good to be the King.

No, The pressure isn't getting to me. It's good to be the King.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2016, 07:33:02 PM »
And King ShyGuy has chosen the next bomb word. It only took all day! >:(

Round 6 is on. Mop it up is the first to select this round. She can choose from the following options:

If this is my competition, how can I lose?
Any phrase with Insanolord in it is guaranteed to be safe.
I've finally figured out how to successfully play this game.
I'm 100% sure this phrase isn't the bomb word.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
Don't start with me Canada!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

But really it's more like 25% sure.

This has worked out for Soren, but probably won't work out for me... But that's okay, he could use a break.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »
Don't start with me Canada!

Canada? I live in Spokane, Washington in the almighty U S of god-damn A! You're beating up a complete stranger.

And even if I lived in Canada, we've got snow here all year long so everyone is constantly slipping and sliding everywhere on black ice. A tumble down the stairs is just an everyday occurrence like putting maple syrup on pancakes or eating a beaver. That's the best threat you've got, eh? Joke's on you, hoser.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 04:04:24 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:27 PM »
Back to the game at hand,

But really it's more like 25% sure.

This has worked out for Soren, but probably won't work out for me... But that's okay, he could use a break.

Mop it up.... IS SAFE! She's moving on to the final 3. Although if she keeps making such confident statements and then backing away from them, that second guessing may kill her yet.

Next up is Soren. How will he fair now that Mop it up has decided to play rough and take away his favorite choice? He has the remaining options to choose from:

If this is my competition, how can I lose?
Any phrase with Insanolord in it is guaranteed to be safe.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »
I'm honestly surprised that wasn't the bomb...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2016, 12:12:32 AM »
Soren!!!!!!!

Just when I thought we might have this game wrapped up early. What a guy!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2016, 12:56:53 AM »
I'm sure I'll be fine...

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
I was just playing up the tension...oh and...

My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV