Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda Wii U  (Read 25902 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda Wii U
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »
Didn't they say the horse was not Epona at the same time they said it wasn't Link? That horse is stout like a Clydesdale.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
I think he came back out and said that it was Link, and that he was just teasing before by saying "no one said it was link...." because no one had said it was, it was just assumed, and obviously we were all right to assume such.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »
Didn't Aonuma also say that they were willing to make Zelda playable in this game if Hyrule Warriors was received well?  Was that an honest statement?  It could mean that the game is less far along that assumed if they can still add something like that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
Didn't Aonuma also say that they were willing to make Zelda playable in this game if Hyrule Warriors was received well?  Was that an honest statement? 

Aonuma's been trolling lately.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 10:54:51 AM »
He must be hanging out with Sakurai.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »
maybe it's after Spirit Tracks which had machinery and locomotives. Its also possible that it's Twilight Princess due to the fact that there was that that dungeon with the machinery and electricity. also it was confirmed that it's a Link in the trailer and Nintendo would simply trolling us.
I don't know.  Isn't LoZ and LoZ2 the last of the timeline and they didn't really have technology in that one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
Yes, loz and AOL are the last in that timeline. Its based on the mad king and the desolation of Hyrule (or however they call it in the book). That story has yet to be flushed out. But in the other 2 timelines, mostly the one that stops at spirit tracks there is definitely room for the rapid advancement of technology. Also it could have some time travel mechanism, since the time of the old gods had robots and lasers.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:44 PM »
MULTIVERSE HOPPING like Transformers.  I raise you 1 Convoluted Timeline and I up it by having a story that goes on the current end and binds them all together to a single point.  LoZ: Crisis on Infinite Hyrule.

Or better yet.  Make the game shorter and for a New Game Plus have it hop to a totally different part timeline with the same story basic but the land, people, etc. would be different.  Do it as many times as need to cover all of them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:08:12 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
Crisis on infinite Hyrule:  The hero of time must assemble all the Links to fight Ganondorf Prime...while that started off as a joke, I kinda dig the idea of Link jumping throughout history and worlds gathering pieces of every Link to forge a chronocepter
Like weapon. Once its used all the other Legends are erased leaving only old man link to write in his memoirs a tale of historia.

You see him writing Hyrule Historia... inception

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 04:40:39 PM »
Crisis on infinite Hyrule:  The hero of time must assemble all the Links to fight Ganondorf Prime...while that started off as a joke, I kinda dig the idea of Link jumping throughout history and worlds gathering pieces of every Link to forge a chronocepter
Like weapon. Once its used all the other Legends are erased leaving only old man link to write in his memoirs a tale of historia.

You see him writing Hyrule Historia... inception
And at the very end of the Credits child Miyamoto finding it in a Cave that he was exploring.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
Even better, make Old Link the Old Man who gives the sword to Link in Zelda 1 and have a boy wander in and receive a sword from Old Link with the phrase "It's dangerous to go alone, take this..." and start a time loop on the entire story.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 11:51:11 PM »
That's gold Jerry, Gold!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »

Stuff shown
- Game possibly using the system's internal clock to show real time weather and daylight/night time???
- Pick and eat your own apples!
- Epona!
- Big ass map on the GamePad.
- Shooting arrows in bullet-time.

What else did I miss?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:02:39 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2014, 12:02:04 AM »
Just imagine all that time you get to spend watching the game play itself before you run into some Bokoblins 20 minutes later.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 12:38:43 AM »
Stuff shown
- Game possibly using the system's internal clock to show real time weather and daylight/night time???
- Pick and eat your own apples!
- Epona!
- Big ass map on the GamePad.
- Shooting arrows in bullet-time.

What else did I miss?

I think you got all the big points. Here are some others

- Sail Cloth!
- You can put markers on the map
- Epona doesn't run into trees!
- bugs and wildlife?
- Star Fox and Zelda next year!

Not great quality but here is a video:

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:20 AM »
Why is it when every third party developer makes an empty, barren pen world game but when Nintendo shows off a game that is in progress and in it looks pretty much equal in quality, people decry it?

The only thing that really bothers me about this video is the draw distance, which fogs out during some sequences but in others is crystal clear. I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal in the final release. And the bow is a major weapon! With so much travel going on in this game, I'm sure hitting far-off objects will be a godsend.

Did anyone notice the skull shaped island in the northeast? I thought that was neat.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
Personally, barren overworlds are lamezorz no matter who is making the game though I suppose that's the nature of an open world. I didn't like vast areas of nothing in Ocarina of Time and especially in Twilight Princess. This overworld looks exponentially larger than even Wind Waker's Great Sea so that may be a problem. The part in the video where Aonuma said their destination was still like four or five minutes away was disconcerting if the world is, in fact, devoid of much interaction. I'd prefer a smaller world if I'm not going to be doing much in it.

The fog could be plot-related like how the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past is foggy until you claim the Master Sword. Similarly, the invitingly named Swamp of Evil is all rainy until you complete the dungeon, Misery Mire.

Anyway, I'm surprised Nintendo appears this confident that both Star Fox and Zelda will release next year, particularly since Star Fox was more tech demo than game when first unveiled at E3 less than six months ago. I remain skeptical though admittedly less so now considering Nintendo is typically coy with release windows.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
Anyway, I'm surprised Nintendo appears this confident that both Star Fox and Zelda will release next year, particularly since Star Fox was more tech demo than game when first unveiled at E3 less than six months ago. I remain skeptical though admittedly less so now considering Nintendo is typically coy with release windows.

Miyamoto's comments from last E3 on the new Star Fox being more like a TV show then a movie like the previous games could mean Star Fox will be a shorter budget title.  If it's going to be a smaller experience then being made in about a year is pretty doable.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2014, 12:36:57 PM »
Rogue Leader was created for the Gamecube launch in 9 months. Nintendo can pull off a 2015 release of a traditional Star Fox game (Read: SF64 scope).
My Game Collection

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »
"Real horse don't run into tress" is the best thing to come out of this. I couldn't be more happy with the progress of the game. For those feeling iffy about this I'd suggest playing the Twilight Princess 25th anniversary theme while looking at the gameplay.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »
Best grass in a video game so far?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
Too much water. 7.8 / 10
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »

GLORIOUS! (stolen from somewhere)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2014, 10:55:46 PM »
Okay, so with a spider robot thing and a cyber-arrow, does this Zelda happen in a more futuristic setting? I know it has been dabbled with in the past, most notably the Ancient robots of Skward Sword, but what if we see cars and guns and Links gets a Akira style cycle model E-P0N A ?

Was just looking back and this turned out to be rather prophetic. Nice call!

Zelda could be the "future" in a post-apocalyptic Earth where the surviving humans evolved into different species due to radiation exposure. Explain the "old" advanced technology.
My Game Collection