Author Topic: Nintendo Land Price Drop Coming November 1  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Nintendo Land Price Drop Coming November 1
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »

Admission to the Nintendo dream park just got a little cheaper. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35792

Nintendo Land is receiving a price drop to $29.99, $30 less than its current suggested retail price of $59.99

This price drop takes effect November 1, the same day as the release of the new Wii U Deluxe Set New Super Mario Bros. U bundle, which no longer includes Nintendo Land. The new price is for both retail and digital copies.

One of the launch day games for the Wii U, Nintendo Land is a collection of 12 Nintendo themed games that take advantage of the Wii U GamePad in unique ways, and originally came with the Wii U Deluxe Set..

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Land Price Drop Coming November 1
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
Hmmm. Might actually get this game someday.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:10:29 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm going to go sell my used Nintendo Land and then download it digitally yes it will still cost me more then I'll sell the disc for, but I'd rather have it digitally.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
To tell you the truth I would too.  Its the only game my Son really wants to play.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm going to go sell my used Nintendo Land and then download it digitally yes it will still cost me more then I'll sell the disc for, but I'd rather have it digitally.

You sir are crazy...

AND I'M CRAZY RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU! I had the same thought run through my head and will be selling my copy of Nintendoland ASAP to  re-buy it digitally. I've always wanted it digitally and wish they just gave away  an Shop code instead of a disc.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
Well Razor, come join the club, I found a buyer $20 so basically for a $10 fee I get to upgrade from disc to digital

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »
I believe I paid $14 or so for Nintendo Land used (and felt like that was about what it was worth). Besides the bundle change logic, I wonder if Ninty pays attention to used market pricing. Some of these evergreens get the blight.

Offline thedefalcos

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm starting to think that the best titles to buy digitally are the ones that you want to just pop in at a moment's notice and play when friends are around. When I'm having to fiddle around with discs, I can sometimes feel my family or friend's attention waning.

And more importantly, it's soooo much easier to lug the console around to parties with just a portable HDD than with five or six discs.

But, it's gotta be titles I know I will keep forever and are less likely to lend out. So no on RPGS and single player adventure or puzzle games going digital and yes on party games, smash, kart, and probably 3d land. Nintendo Land fits into this category. But, I'll wait for another price drop.

Offline Leo13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Do you really think you're going to get another price drop?
For me, with 3 young kids digital make more sense for my wii U as I don't have to worry about lost/broken discs and cases and I don't have to deal with the clutter or switching discs while holding the baby. So I'm happy to sell my disc for $20 and buy digital for $30. As for 3DS games, I mostly get cartridges because my wife and I both own one and if we buy digital we can't play any game on either system.