Author Topic: Here's an obvious question that I haven't seen answered.  (Read 1754 times)

Offline thejoemeister

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Here's an obvious question that I haven't seen answered.
« on: June 11, 2003, 09:03:04 PM »
How did Ganon/Ganondorf come back after the Hero of Time left for Termina?

P.S Where on Greatfish Isle is the Goron trader?

Offline KlingonMAge

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 06:32:34 AM »
Hi,

Gannon was released in one of the older zeldas,

And he is on the raft in the middle of the island(or what is left of it)
The Babling Klingon

Timesplitter Extraordinar!  

Offline Rymir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 03:17:19 PM »
The older Zeldas, if they even fit into order at all, happen after WW, therefore, how did Gannondorf break out? Um... he didn't. Yah sure, you beat him in Windwaker and all, but the Zelda series has a habit for doing this kind of thing, what kind of thing? Giving Gannon a shade or temporary form. "Gannondorf" from Windwaker is most likely just a shade or part of the true Gannon. Most likely "Gannondorf", now just a part of the real Gannon, was working to release Gannon from his prison, which would make sense on what exactly he was after.

I could be wrong, who will ever know?

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 03:41:08 AM »
Actually, Shigsy himself said that WW takes place a hundred years after OOT, which is the first game cronologicly. The Links of the SNES and NES games are not mentioned. HOWEVER, listen closly to Gannondorfs speech to you after you kill the Giant Bird. My guess is that he excisted for many years in Hyrule in a VERY WEAK state (You know, when he is wearing the black cloak.) but the Master Swords release brought back many more monsters, as you saw in the sunken Hyrule Castle, and brought Gannondorf back to full power.
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Rymir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 09:19:37 AM »
I agree that Gannondorf was around in Hyrule hiding for sometime, and some on the surface, but I don't however think he was completly Gannon, because how could Gannondorf have escaped? He probably couldn't have without aid, yet it is possible from other Zeldas for Gannon to make himself a shade, so the Gannondorf in WW might have been trying to completly free himself from his imprisonment.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 02:23:17 PM »
In Wind Waker, it just says that the seal that kept Ganondorf locked away broke.  Maybe some of the sages died (only two are seen in WW) and were not replaced.  Somehow he just managed to get out of his prison and gained power again.  He never lost the Triforce of Power, I think
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>