Author Topic: Microsoft bought Nokia!  (Read 8237 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft bought Nokia!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 09:51:45 PM »
Like I said it might just be the configuration my school uses but I hate it it drives me nuts. No It isn't office we have that set up right, it is mostly the Adobe stuff and the MAC specific stuff.

Finder is not even close to Explorer, finder is a tiny little pop up Explorer works within the Windows environment, again unless that is just how the school has it set up if that is the case then you are right they are similar but I for one prefer my environment to be uniform, everything opens in a full sized window, that is why I like Windows, on the Mac, in my experience at least, everything is all over the place. I also really like the start menu and the task bar, I don't know I guess I have been using Windows forever so we must just differ due to our experiences I just personally don't get it, thankfully most people tend to side with me as Windows is still the most popular OS in the world, which I maintain is because it is the best but to each their own I guess...

On a side note for what its worth I really do like Ubuntu so it isn't Windows or nothing for me.

Most any Mac app can be opened as a full screen window, though making that standard is a relatively recent thing so your school's Macs may not have a current enough version of the OS for that. And what do you think the Finder should be able to do and can't I've never run into any file management task it wasn't capable of.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 12:07:26 AM »
nothing really its just different and I don't like different. I am used to Windows Explorer and Task Manager that is where my comfort zone lies.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »
... what do you think the Finder should be able to do and can't ...
Open things when I press Enter... If I press Enter I don't want to rename... I want to open.  No I don't want to press cmd + O.

I just had to chime in on that one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
Like I said it could just be how the school is configured but I hate how everything is in its own mini box, I want one big window, Finder is a stupid dialog box its more like Task Manager than Explorer, again I don't know if that is the default or how the school has it set up but that is my complaint, I just don't like having my screen broken up all over the place I want ONE window taking up the whole screen.

Getting back on topic about the buyout, I am really excited for this because if one of the leading non-Android phone makers is now going to fully support Windows Phone that should give them a big push. I personally am just waiting for my contract to expire before I replace this POS iPhone with a Windows Phone and from then on I will be completely free of Apples tyranny.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:01:35 PM by toddra »

Offline Tlon

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 03:58:21 AM »
a bit lengthy but an interesting talk
"hlör u fang axaxaxas mlö"