Author Topic: The 2DS Effect on Game Design (?)  (Read 11428 times)

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: The 2DS Effect on Game Design (?)
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »
I think 3D movies should have had their own service, there should also be a MGM HD/Universal HD type channel exclusively devoted to just 3D for it to have had a real chance. 3D Blu Ray was not handled right, most of the 3D movies were forced bundles which turned consumers off or were over priced for what you got.

Offline EJtheK

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
Netflix SuperHD does 3D but the caveat being your internet provider needs to ok it.  Most do not.
This is an interesting thread of conversation (Netflix) you guys had going.  I don't love 3D TV/movies, but I really was hoping the 3DS would see some 3D Netflix support just to see Nintendo be out in front on it a bit.  Again, the glasses-less 3D was a big deal to me.  I find it impressive and enjoyable, and I didn't see Nintendo get the props they deserved on it on a large scale.  I was hoping to see them play around it with it.  They played around with 3D video quite a bit (on the eShop, the video application, etc.), but Netflix support would have been neat.  I'd love to try watching Avatar on my 3DS 'on-the-go.'

I think 3D movies should have had their own service, there should also be a MGM HD/Universal HD type channel exclusively devoted to just 3D for it to have had a real chance. 3D Blu Ray was not handled right, most of the 3D movies were forced bundles which turned consumers off or were over priced for what you got.
Good thoughts. :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:31:58 PM by EJtheK »

Offline EJtheK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »
BTW, I totally forgot to mention Fire Emblem: Awakening in all of this...  Am I the only one who found the 3D effect in those gorgeous animated cutscenes to really add!?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:32:07 PM by EJtheK »

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 12:52:24 AM »
I have never played a Fire Emblem game, I remember when Path of Radiance came out on Game Cube I was tempted to buy it but I ended up getting Tales of Symphonia instead.

Offline EJtheK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
I have never played a Fire Emblem game, I remember when Path of Radiance came out on Game Cube I was tempted to buy it but I ended up getting Tales of Symphonia instead.
I also didn't have a lot of experience with this series (I played a little bit of Sacred Stones but never all the way through) before Awakening.  This was a great place to jump in!  It is a superb game.  Although, it can be a bit of a time sink.  ;)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 06:31:09 PM »
I only use 3d when i am watching cutscenes, movies, etc. Because when your playing games you need to look at the game not the 3d. Besides that, Kid Icarus and fire enblem look stunning in 3d!
Made you look ****.