Author Topic: Game Zero/gameboy player  (Read 3310 times)

Offline LinkMaster3000

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Zero/gameboy player
« on: June 10, 2003, 04:14:58 AM »
Was it called Game Zero or Ground Zero?  Also is it a real game that Nintendo is working on?  I heard they were working on it with someone else and that it was going to be the biggest thing ever.  

Also when is the Gameboy Player coming out.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Game Zero/gameboy player
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 05:34:38 AM »
Gameboy Player will be out sometime this month I think June 23. Link  
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Game Zero/gameboy player
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 10:17:12 PM »
Its Game Zero and its being done by Free Radical. I don't know if Nintendo is helping with it though, but it is currently exclusive to the Gamecube.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline NoVisAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 12:13:03 AM »
Game Zero is currently being done by zoonami, not Free Radical. But they are both companies that have Ex Rare employees

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 01:34:06 AM »
I still wanna know just what the hell happened to Falcon and Mini Racers. Both were "TOP SECRET" games being developed by Nintendo for the N64. Where am I going with this?

Nowhere.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 02:19:22 AM »
Mini Racers: The Road to Nowhere
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 03:34:45 AM »
I guess Rev Limit, Buggie Boogie and Stunt Driver 64 are racing along side Mini Racers on that road

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 03:42:28 AM »
As is Rare's apparant Gran Turismo-style racer for N64, and Donkey Kong Racing for GCN.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 03:50:45 AM »
I sure wouldn't want to be on that road. Think of all the sloppy incomplete AI drivers. You'd have people smashing into you all the time!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Game Zero/gameboy player
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 03:52:29 AM »
Banjo-Kazooie Advance would be on that road somewhere...

Offline msuzuki

• Staff Writer
    • View Profile
Game Zero/gameboy player
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 04:44:20 AM »
As mentioned before, Game Zero is the project name for a game in development by Zoonami.  Zoonami was founded in 1999 by Martin Hollis, one of the bigger guys at Rare during the SNES/N64 days.  They still haven't released much info, but it started pre-production in 2000, which means that if they haven't totally redesigned the game multiple times, they should have something to show sooner rather than later.  Of course, Zoonami seems to be pretty small and likely has some of the Rare 'it's-done-when-it's-done' mentality, so the wait might be even longer.  There was no sign of it at E3 which makes me think the game won't be finished for another year.

As for a couple of the other games mentioned in the thread, Mini Racers was supposedly completed for the N64 but never released.  The original dev team disbanded (Looking Glass Studios) so they wouldn't have been around to update it for the Cube.  Nintendo was supposed to be in possession of the code, so maybe parts of it have gone into other games...or maybe it wasn't quite up to Nintendo's standards and put it to rest.

Buggie Boogie was turned into a solid demo by Angel Studios that helped them land a deal with a publisher.  Seeing that Angel Studios is now Rockstar San Diego, I'm pretty sure the demo eventually led to what would become Smuggler's Run (a game developed by Angel Studios and published by Rockstar).

As for Rev Limit, Falcon, and Stunt Racer...I have no clue (I don't even really remember hearing about Falcon).  The Rare Gran Turismo killer was a rumour that was never confirmed.  Any number of things could have happened to it if it ever existed.  Keep an eye out for Rare's future Xbox games and maybe they'll give us some ideas.  That applies even more so to Donkey Kong Racing.  I'm fairly certain that's getting a facelift and will show up on the Xbox as some point.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 08:32:34 AM »
Yes that my mistake sorry.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.