Author Topic: Pikmin 3 The Game That Is Going To Change The Wii-U  (Read 16256 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Pikmin 3 The Game That Is Going To Change The Wii-U
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
Do we now the Size of Pikmin yet?  I haven't picked up a Harddrive.

3,950 MB (around 3.85 GB). Source
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »
3950 MB or 3.8GB. My Deluxe is ready.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 12:40:57 AM »
My 2 TB external HD is ready.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 01:19:07 AM »
So who got it??

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 02:07:55 AM »
I bought it right at midnight, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. As a lot of people have pointed out, it would seem Nintendo's addressed some of the issues with their download process as the whole game downloaded for me in less than an hour. Whether that was real progress or a fluke remains to be seen.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 02:23:27 AM »
I also downloaded it last night, but I also have not played it yet. In my case, it's because I intend to play the game with the Wiimote & Nunchuk, but my TV is currently occupied watching a few shows.  And yes, I know you can technically play the game off-screen pointing the Wiimote at the GamePad, but who seriously wants to do that?  On Tuesday, Tales of Xillia and Dragon's Crown come out, so it's likely that I won't get to Pikmin 3 for a week or two at least.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 09:37:37 AM »
You're obviously not a hardcore fan. A hardcore fan would either use the Wiimote + Gamepad combo, or murder his family and play it on the TV.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
I got it yesterday.  I'm at Day 12 with a lot of days replayed and being stuck getting the Captain more days then I care for.

Beaten the 2 bosses I have in boss mode Co-op with my wife with a Bronze and Silver Respectively.
Beaten all the Defeat the Enemies missions Co-op with my wife with a Bronze Medal and the last a Silver.
Did a couple of the Treasure ones a little.
Played 3 rounds of Bingo.
Also Beat another level in the Pikmin game in NintendoLand.

I wish I could Co/Tri-Op the main campaign.  Also its a pain to go from the Rocket Ship back to the Main Menu and I wish you could save anywhere.  In fact I have to just restart the game to go back to the Main Menu from the rocket ship.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
I realize now my personality and gaming habits won't allow me to finish this game. Like Fire Emblem, I've been replaying stages over and over and over! If I finish a day with only 1 fruit or I didn't rescue someone I restart. I've spent about 3 hours trying to rescue the captain and make sure none of my Pikmin were left behind. It is extremely satisfying knowing that my time was spent well.

I'm at day 11 now with about 5 hours clocked in, I'm really loving this. I never really gave the first 2 Pikmin titles a chance. I owned them but really didn't play them.

Oh and some portions of the game look so good! I have no worries about the graphical capabilities of the Wii U if this is a first generation game that started on the Wii. Though I did say that about Galaxy and nothing topped it afterward.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »
Their are People on The Internet saying that this clearly looks like a Wii game...  I like to know which Wii games they were playing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 02:56:55 PM »
Xenoblade?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »
People on the internet are trolls and liars.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
It's a foolish thing to say that this looks like a Wii game, but the reviews I've read have said the graphics are uneven with sone low texture areas and some stunning areas. My copy is in the mail so I'll have my own opinion soon.

I think that's where we are at now though. Unless you have infinite budget there are going to be a few holes.  GT5 was a great game with a gigantic budget amd overall it looked amazing. But if I wanted to be a fanboy, I'd grab a screenshot of the people cheering you on before the rally races and compare it to PS1 games because those textures were brutally awful.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:53 PM »
I like how the game looks better in the picture mode then when your running around but it still looks great running around.  Their are places that doesn't look the greatest but a lot of the time they are also places with a lot going on.  I haven't ran into a slow down and that's pretty big in a game that has so much going on at different times.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »
As a Wii U owner who hadn't really played the Wii U since last holiday season, I took a chance on Pikmin 3 and am really happy with the game. Triple A title all the way. Lots of fun. $65 after tax feels a bit steep in these modern times, but whatever. Great game so far.

Now for what I wanted to share. I had to go to a half dozen stores before I could find this game. I visited two Gamestops who only had enough copies for preorders. Fred Meyer neither knew that the game had released nor did they even have any copies in transit. I walked into Walmart (since I had finally traveled far enough to get to it) and saw that they had about 10 copies in stock. I KNEW Walmart would likely have it, but I was trying to slip into a nearby store on the way home.

Basically, what gives, Nintendo? This game isn't selling gangbusters, and I get the impression that you are only shipping enough copies to fill pre-orders... pre-orders that people aren't even picking up right away. This is not a great tactic for a company who needs more impulse purchases from consumers.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »
If you saw 10 Copies of the game at Walmart then its probably not Nintendo but the individual chains buyers.  In general on non-niche titles if Walmart, Target, etc. has a good amount of copies then its the other companies buyers more than likely.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
Yay for Nintendo to make australians Wait! ;D  *sarcasm*
Made you look ****.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »
Has anyone noticed, and would know why the disc icon on the Wii U's OS would be blinking? Pikmin 3 is already loaded.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
Has anyone noticed, and would know why the disc icon on the Wii U's OS would be blinking? Pikmin 3 is already loaded.
Talking a Physical or Digital one?  I'm assuming after initial load.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
Talking a Physical or Digital one?  I'm assuming after initial load.

Physical. I never ejected the disc.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »
I envy you guys. I have too many bills to pay at this moment, this game is going to have to wait. Luckily I still have a lot of games to play to keep me busy.. i just hate being late to the party, thus late to the forum discussions.

For those who are enjoying Pikmin 3, so far what is the MOST negative thing you can say about it. (i need to keep my hype levels down)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »
I envy you guys. I have too many bills to pay at this moment, this game is going to have to wait. Luckily I still have a lot of games to play to keep me busy.. i just hate being late to the party, thus late to the forum discussions.

For those who are enjoying Pikmin 3, so far what is the MOST negative thing you can say about it. (i need to keep my hype levels down)
That it has an ending.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »
It's almost too fun.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »
It has too much senseless gore and pointless sex scenes.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »

That the Story does not have a Co-op Mode.  There is no way for multiple people in the family to have there own story mode.  The days are too short.