Author Topic: Am I playing Scribblenauts right?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Am I playing Scribblenauts right?
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
So I've been getting around to Scribblenauts for the Wii U. I go in and solve the little tasks and puzzles they give me, most are pretty simple with a few stumpers that feel more like you have to guess what they want you to do. All in all pretty straight forward and not very challenging.

Then I watch videos of it online and it's group of people making monsters and chaos and laughing at their results.

So I go into the Miiverse and there's this huge community of people making things and selling items in shops and recreating Ponies and Pokemon.

I feel like I'm not getting the full potential out of the game and it's a little boring.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Am I playing Scribblenauts right?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
Its like every other sandbox type game, you get as much fun out of it as you put into it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:38:56 PM »
This is Little Big Planet all over again!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:19 AM »
This is Little Big Planet all over again!

Pretty much. I think both are great concepts but I'm not very creative with this stuff. It's cool seeing other people's creations though.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 01:07:33 AM »
When you do the puzzles you have to want to try different words. If you are happy using the same words again and again it's not for you.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 02:27:52 AM »
Scribblenauts games reward you for being a bit more creative, they give some kind of achievements stamps for using new words each time and for having some theme around it i think.

You might want to go for them.

It's similar too Epic Yarn i guess. You can play it through, not have fun and then whine how easy it is on forums.

Or you can go for completion and then game suddenly becomes hard.

Oh, and by the way:

Shibata, release the damn game in PAL.

Shibata

Shibata pls
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 02:06:47 PM »
Yeah, try creating some things in the object editor. Or search existing item "stores" to get ideas.