Author Topic: GCN advertisements - NOA gets it right  (Read 7048 times)

Offline jarob

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: GCN advertisements - NOA gets it right
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2003, 08:48:39 AM »
I never saw the Metroid trailer before Lord of the Rings.  Maybe it was only played in certain theaters (e.g. Carmike).

Offline Truckondo

• View Profile
GCN advertisements - NOA gets it right
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2003, 01:34:35 PM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
i want to see an add with the two guys from the original Zelda add, the "the legend of zelda is pretty rad, those creatures from gannon are pretty bad, octorocks tectites and levers too but with our help our hero pulls through! go link!" thats hilarious

Here are the 2 old school Zelda commercials.  These are from Gaming-age.com.

link

link 2  

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2003, 01:54:49 PM »
I went to see the LOTR right when it came out and it didn't have the Metroid trailer before it.  Disappointing, but I downloaded it online, very nice might I add.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2003, 02:26:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Gamefreak
They have had the Wind Waker trailer in theaters for months now...I didn't they STILL had it...

They had the Metroid Prime trailer before Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for crying out loud. How could you miss it?
BTW, the Metroid trailer was only shown before PG-13 and R movies, maybe that's why you missed it... *shrug*

The wierd thing about that is that I saw the wind waker trailer before Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for me, yet not Metroid!
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2003, 02:32:52 PM »
I saw both of those, but not in the movies (though I may have seen Wind Waker, I don't recall).

Watching a few seconds of gameplay can be tiresome for commercials, so it's good that they blend it with other things, like the Metroid and Wind Waker commercials.  And the gameplay bits that they do put in are usually interesting.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: GCN advertisements - NOA gets it right
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2003, 12:10:20 PM »
Erm, maybe I'm off then...Well ok, maybe the Zelda one was before LotR, and the Metroid one was before something else...I do know for a fact though that they only showed the Metroid one before PG-13 and R movies.

Oh btw, all theaters show the same trailers and ads before movies.

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2003, 01:28:06 PM »
NOE had the best gameplay footage commercial ever, it ended with:
Christmas 2002 "COMING SOON!!"

Yeah I'm being sarcastic since....
*Metroid Prime*  - Arrived end March 2003 (4 months)
*Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker* - Arrived early May 2003 (6 months)
*Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles* - Arrives end December 2003 (12 months!!!)
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline jarob

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2003, 02:56:56 PM »
Not all theaters show the same trailers.  I have never seen a Nintendo Commercial before a movie.  I have seen LoT, twice in 2 different theaters.  They are linked to certain movie distributers.  Carmike, Westates, etc.  Not per movie.  Otherwise, why have I never seen these Nintendo commercials?

Offline GoldShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2003, 06:01:47 PM »
Nintendo - What kind of name is that, anyway? - I'm assuming you mean the European or Australian release dates?

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 11:35:35 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldShadow
Nintendo - What kind of name is that, anyway? - I'm assuming you mean the European or Australian release dates?

Yeah their PAL release dates, and Nintendo is the name of a Japanese videogames giant, not to be a smartarse, but it's true
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps