Author Topic: Little Inferno, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora Discounted on Wii U eShop  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Little Inferno, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora Discounted on Wii U eShop
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »
That's about where I am. I have a pretty firm understanding of what the game entails, and to a certain extent I can even understand the appeal, but knowing what it is that I enjoy about playing games I can say with some confidence that I would not enjoy Little Inferno.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:27:02 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »
I may just get Little Inferno on impulse... now that I've said it I guess its not impulse anymore.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
The continued confusion over what Little Inferno is strikes me as really interesting. I still maintain that the game genre it actually resembles the most is that of point-and-click adventure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:58:14 PM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
I recommend,  Trine 2 for anyone with a Wii U.  It's long, has co-op and looks great.  I've never played the console version but the one for PC is the bees knees. 

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »
The continued confusion over what Little Inferno is strikes me as really interesting. I still maintain that the game genre it actually resembles the most is that of point-and-click adventure.
Who is confused?
Gouge away.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
Who is confused?

I think Kairon is referring to people having a hard time categorizing what kind of game Little Inferno actually is, let alone trying to describe what makes it an enjoyable experience for those who've played it.  This in turn has led to many people being trepidacious when considering the purchase of this game, despite discounts and positive impressions from owners, mostly because they simply don't understand what the game is. At least that's how I interpret it.

I'm not disparaging anybody who has decided that this game is not for them because people know their own preferences better than I do ;D . I just see the majority of discussion on whether to buy Little Inferno or not centered more on its refusal to be defined rather than if it's a good game.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »
I'm not disparaging anybody who has decided that this game is not for them because people know their own preferences better than I do ;D . I just see the majority of discussion on whether to buy Little Inferno or not centered more on its refusal to be defined rather than if it's a good game.

That's fair. I just wanted to be sure we weren't disregarding people's preferences/taste on the false basis that anyone who doesn't find Little Inferno appealing doesn't know what they're talking about or are confused; because that would be incredibly pompous.

Personally, I hope the game does gangbusters and they continue to release games on eShop (there are certainly enough people singing Little Inferno's praises that this will likely be the case). That doesn't change the fact that I don't find the gameplay or premise appealing in the least.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
I'm glad everyone's enjoying it, and I'm sure it's really good at what it does, but from what I've read and seen, which, believe me, is a lot, it just doesn't seem like something I'd like. I'm happy that things like it exist on the eShop, and hope they continue to make things like that for the people who like it, but it's just not for me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »

That's fair. I just wanted to be sure we weren't disregarding people's preferences/taste on the false basis that anyone who doesn't find Little Inferno appealing doesn't know what they're talking about or are confused; because that would be incredibly pompous.

Personally, I hope the game does gangbusters and they continue to release games on eShop (there are certainly enough people singing Little Inferno's praises that this will likely be the case). That doesn't change the fact that I don't find the gameplay or premise appealing in the least.

It sounds like you'vde done your research Pixelated Pixies, but I've seen plenty of people who've expressed hesitation or rejection of Little Inferno based on the (in my opinion, incorrect) assumption that it was some kind of physics game... Myself included.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
At the end of the day, I think a demo would go a long way toward making a more informed decision on whether or not to get this game.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline thedefalcos

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »
Man, I am definitely picking up Trine 2! I've been waiting to play that game for so long. I would've bought it on PC but I decided to wait to get it for the WiiU. Now, I'm glad I did.

Question is, does anyone know if Powerup reward $$ off coupons can be used to purchase eshop gift cards? Because that would be a double bonus for me! Getting trine 2 for free? Heck yes. 

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 12:43:36 AM »
They should... I get the prepaid cards in order to earn points instead of buying directly through the consoles. And sometimes extra credit card points.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report