Author Topic: getting a u on launch day...  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Shredder565

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
getting a u on launch day...
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
what are the chances? 

I remember in 2007 I got up around midnight and waited till 6 for my wii.  got it just fine...think the chances are the same?  anyone else planning to go to wayne NJ stores and wait? :)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: getting a u on launch day...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
Mine is already guaranteed at a Best Buy where no launch party or anything is happening. So I will go to a launch party just to Mario Kart and Pokemon up the place.

I think everyone will have a better chance at getting one this time. Nintendo did say they will have more units for launch.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:01:38 AM »
I think as long as you attempt to hit a few stores like Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and Best Buy on Sunday morning, you'll be able to score at least a Basic set.  Of those four, only Walmart has advertised having Wii U in stock that day, so you may want to start there first.  If the Wii U is going to become difficult to find, it's only after the first wave of media coverage that describes the initial sell-out - people want what they can't get!

Offline Shredder565

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »
Mine is already guaranteed at a Best Buy where no launch party or anything is happening. So I will go to a launch party just to Mario Kart and Pokemon up the place.

I think everyone will have a better chance at getting one this time. Nintendo did say they will have more units for launch.
are they still doing pre orders?  seems like no one around here is doing a midnight launch

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 10:02:19 PM »
I'm sure you won't have any problems. I mean, THERE'S A MILLION OF THEM (tm)!  :P:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shredder565

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
well, you guys where right :)..

I remember in 2007 getting up at 2AM for the wii freezing my ass off and them being sold out for months after the fact.  Now that I got to the shore house and saw my wii was under a foot of sea water (probably none operational, but i hope the games can be transferred) just wanted to make sure i got my u :).

got there at 7 AM this time and only 16 people in f ront of me at wayne TRU..

not bad!