Author Topic: The Best Gamecube Games  (Read 4469 times)

Offline MagicToenail

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« on: May 26, 2003, 02:35:39 PM »
I am starting to get lonely on my cube. It seems like there are no good games that have both a single player and multi-player mode to play in. WW is as close as I've gotten to playing a 2 player game with my friend and having fun when he's there, and when he's not. Does anyone know of games that recieve higher then a 5 in the reviews section, that also have both modes?
Currently playing: Mario 64 DS and Resident Evil 4

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 03:02:10 PM »
The boot up screen. You can hold Z by yourself, or with a friend!

THE FUN-O-GRAPH IS REACHING ITS PEAK!

Actually, just go with Smash Bros.
Or um, check the back of boxes to see how many people can play.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 03:11:07 PM »
Actually, you know you have a point there... it takes 2 people to hold z on all 4 controllers.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 03:13:49 PM »
Ikaruga?

If you like space shooters... hard as hell though.  I can't get past the first part for Chapter 2 on easy mode yet.    

The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 03:42:05 PM »
Come to think of it, you make a good point.

The funny thing is, when I went back to visit L.A. and my friends, I went straight to playing video games. We ripped out the X-Box, jacked up the Nintendo 64 and strated playing Goldeneye.

Man, the good old days. I need another game like that. (It was also a good single player, but getting every cheat was a bitch).

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 03:43:58 PM »
burnout 2 is good
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 03:59:31 PM »
Smash Bros. or Timesplitters 2.  Great games single player and multiplayer-wise.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 04:15:05 PM »
OK. I'll try Burnout 2 and TS2. Any Others?

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 08:02:52 PM »
Super Smash Bros. Melee is almost as fun as it gets, Soul Caliber 2 is also meant to be very good, if its out where you live yet.  
Om mani padme hum.

Offline CRiXy

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 09:43:05 PM »
Definately Smash Bros. Melee, hours of fun!  Although it's a bit tough for newbies to get really into it, I think.  (or maybe I'm just too damn good?  bwahahah!!)

If you like sports games, any of the EA games are great, I really like NHL2003.
Live in BC? (GVRD)
Wanna trade some games?
Email or ICQ me!

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 02:19:40 AM »
Yeah, i only need two more trophies on melee, thanks anyways though...
I really like it too

Offline almondblight

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2003, 07:13:54 AM »
Actually, me and my friends have had a bit of fun with Nightfires multiplayer.  And I played some of the party games for Super monkey Ball 2 in the store, it was pretty fun and mindless.  Bloody Roar isn´t bad, and Eternal Darkness is only one player but me and my friends always played it together.  Only played Burnout for the PS2, but it was awesome, and I hear a lot of good stuff about Timesplitters.

Offline Stu

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2003, 07:22:18 AM »
Grab yourself a copy of Timespliters 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, Super Smash Bros Melee, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Wave Race Blue Storm and Ikaruga, and your multi-player needs should be sorted.

Oh, and don’t forget Sega Soccer Slam – still the most multi-player fun I’ve had on the Gamecube; even my Dad, at the grand old age of 52, has a bash.

Offline almondblight

• View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 07:29:54 AM »
Yeah, I didn´t mention SSBM because I assumed everyone has it, but if you don´t-GET IT!  It´s pretty much a requirement for all cube owners.  And godzilla is good for some pure smashing fun.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2003, 09:34:23 AM »
Super Smash Brothers Melee for sure.  Other good ones are Bloody Roar (and I don't even like fighting games), Super Monkey Ball, and Gauntlet Legends (good multiplayer, but dull after you beat it and rather repetitive single player).  There are more, but they don't come to mind.  Games that will come out soon, though, are Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart, F-zero (I think it's multiplayer), Star Fox, Mario Party 5, and the GBA connection games, plus tons more.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline MagicToenail

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2003, 10:16:03 AM »
I have Wave Race, SSX Tricky, Beach Spikers, Turok EVolution, SSMB Melee, nBA Street 1, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3....
I'm gonna go get timesplitters 2 and Burnout 2, HOpefully i'll get the Monkey Ball games, and maybe even Ikaruga, Is Mario Party 4 anygood? I'll probabaly just wait until 5 is out and then buy it..... I might just wait until F-Zero and Double Dash come out, DD looks awesome, But are there any games (like Ikaruga) that are based on One player mode, but also have a great two-player mode? Kinda like halo, but NOT Halo, and thanks for all your help so far

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2003, 12:16:04 PM »
timesplitters 2 has co-op story mode.

You can get Super Monkey Ball 2 for $30 new at EBgames.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
The Best Gamecube Games
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2003, 12:50:53 PM »
I like Mario Party 4, but my friend that owns it says it can get tiresome.

The Star Fox that's coming out may have what you're looking for.  The multiplayer looks (to me) better than Halo's, if they have enough levels (and big enough ones), enough options, and good enough weapons.  There will be a co-op mode, I think, and a single player mode.  Star Fox is usually very fun for single player, but we'll have to see how this one works out.  It'll probably be another year before this one's out, though.  And, post script, you fly the arwing, drive landmaster, and walk around (all of those), just in case you didn't know, so it's not just a flyer.

Other than that, I can't think of one off of the top of my head.  Monkey Ball allows co-op play, as well as single player and multiplayer, but the single player isn't exactly as. . . um. . . gripping as Halo.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2003, 12:55:09 PM »
Oh yeah, check out Godzilla: DAMM. Hired it out once and had a blast in multi. You just go all out and destroy eachother and the city your fighting in. It should be dirt cheap by now, too.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2003, 01:55:39 PM »
This is a poll and we have a thread at the top for these types of questions.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers