Author Topic: The Walking Dead: The Game  (Read 2091 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead: The Game
« on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »
Anyone else playing this series. Just finished episoide #4 and it was amazing.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
Re: The Walking Dead: The Game
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »
I started playing this on a saturday night. My girlfriend had just left my house I figured I would play the first episode since I got it for free off Playstation Plus and I needed to stay up to make sure she got home. This was around 10:30 or so. Fast Forward to 4 AM that same night and I had manged to beat the first episode in one sitting. It's a really fun game and makes me really interested in trying out other Adventure games like this (this is the first one I have played). I still have yet to complete episode 2 and I might even restart the episode since I have kind of forgot where I am in the episode and wasn't really paying attention to what was going on, but I agree that it is a great experience. I am sure I will get a chance to play it when Halloween comes around since it fits the mood and all, but I can't wait to jump back into this series.

When did Episode 4 come out? Is it out on PS3 yet? I didn't see it on PSN yesterday, so I might just be missing something.
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »
When did Episode 4 come out? Is it out on PS3 yet? I didn't see it on PSN yesterday, so I might just be missing something.

The game came out on PlayStation Network yesterday, and Xbox Live Arcade/PC/Mac today.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »

The game came out on PlayStation Network yesterday, and Xbox Live Arcade/PC/Mac today.

Ah... so then it just came down to either me missing it then. I'll download it sometime this weekend then. Maybe by then, it can motivate me to play through episode 2 and finally catch up to everyone else so I can stop avoiding spoilers xD
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »
Buuuuuump!

I recently bought the season pass (It's $5 cheaper than buying them individually) due to the overwhelming amount of critical praise and I finished the first two episodes in one sitting each. I've watched a bit of the show, never read the comic, but I feel pretty safe in saying that this game is the best thing related to the Walking Dead. This is video game storytelling at its finest. The gameplay is pretty light, just some occasional puzzles, but most of it is checking stuff out, searching for things, getting to know other characters who are all pretty well done, and making balls hard, morally grey decisions that really have no right answers. I like this game in a lot of the same ways I like the Mass Effect series. Also a nice touch is after you finish chapters, you get to see what everyone else decided to do in key situations. I'm told episodes three and four are when it really goes off, but it's great right out of the gate. Everyone should play this.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »
I really dug it overall, and agree that it's the best iteration of the Walking Dead property (I've read most of the comics). The last episode really bit, though. Extremely short, and it seemed pretty clear that the ongoing decision tree didn't really amount to much in the end. Definitely shaped the ongoing experience in interesting ways, but the conclusion was very much on rails.