Author Topic: Uh oh...NP says Killer 7 not exclusive?  (Read 3114 times)

Offline dafunkk12

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Uh oh...NP says Killer 7 not exclusive?
« on: May 24, 2003, 06:45:27 PM »
In Nintendo Power's E3 article, all the Capcom 5 (except for the unmentioned Panzer Dragoon-esque sequel to the NES game that I can't remember the name of...) have the little GCN Exclusive patch in the corner of their screenshots...  All except Killer 7!  So whaddaya think?  Accident?  Or will one of the Cube's big mature-draws not be too much of a draw anymore due to its availability elsewhere?  Sure, we've heard that some of the games may end up only being time-exclusives, but what's the deal with Killer 7?

Offline MajorLocke

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 07:20:34 PM »
Only Project Number 03 and Resident Evil 4 are definitely exclusive as far as I know.
For DS and PSP: http://www.majorlocke.com

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Uh oh...NP says Killer 7 not exclusive?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 07:50:09 PM »
oh crap, this is bad.....
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 09:16:22 PM »
Hooray to over-reacting!  The RE series and PN03 are the only Capcom games exclusive by contract.  Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 are not exclusives, but at the same time there are no plans to port either game.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 09:34:42 PM »
well they are coming to our console of choice first, isn't that good enough?
i cant wait for veiwtiful joe i want that so bad
also if they cant be arsed porting them then they are as good as exclusive arn't they

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 11:13:13 PM »
i'll kill if viewtiful joe is ported! it seems like such a parfect nintendo game exclusive! it'll be an underground game i guaruntee, but it'll be sick
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 11:24:52 PM »
Porting Joe to XBox might be outright dumb. After all, many XB fans criticise the GC for "immature" games, so would they suddently embrace cartoon graphics just because they happen to run on their system as well?

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 11:44:07 PM »
So they might get ported. Big deal. It's not like they've suddenly canceled the titles.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 03:03:02 AM »
Maybe they'd prefer porting badly to PS2 and Xbox, like Gamecube has received many a time (Crash Bandicoot anyone?).

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2003, 03:58:14 AM »
as long as we get the titles first i do not care
personally i would rather get viewtiful joe now- after playing the demo i want the game even more
since re4 will not be ported we dont have to worry, but i dont think they will port any of the other games
they may port the games if they turn out to be great sellers
pn03 didnt do so hot on sales so it is going to be exclusive
if the other ones go above expectations, capcom may port to the ps2 or xbox, but i doubt it
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 06:54:30 AM »
What Bloodworth said.
PN03 and RE4 are exclusive by contract.
Viewtiful Joe and Killer7 are exclusive, BUT Capcom can port them later if they wanted. However, IF it happens it won't be until way after they are released. There are no plans as of now.
Finally, Dead Phoenix is sorta...dead(ish). The game hasn't been cancelled, but Capcom says there isn't anything new to show about it. Apparently it's just chugging along at the bottom of the priority list. As for exclusivity status, same as Joe and Killer7.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2003, 08:01:37 AM »
Killer 7 is the only one that I ever intended to buy, and it will have to prove itself worthy before I buy it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2003, 06:31:45 PM »

Hooray to over-reacting! The RE series and PN03 are the only Capcom games exclusive by contract. Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 are not exclusives, but at the same time there are no plans to port either game.

Could there have been a change recenlty because there was an only for Gamecube logo on the corner of the screen for Viewtiful Joe, or do you think it is more likley a misatke by NP.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 08:29:54 PM »
i read in an issue of CUBE (australian and UK gamecube magazine) that they WILL be ported, i doubt this 'information' to be true, but still they belive it will be