Author Topic: Day 1 Launch Games!  (Read 8910 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
Re: Day 1 Launch Games!
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
You don't get a 10% discount, you get a 10% rebate and can only redeem the points when you get to 500 points (i.e. once u have bought $50 worth of digital games).

Same difference. I get 10% back towards a future purchase, and considering that lots of games will be made available digitally, I might opt to not get a physical copy in order to "save" 10% (I'm also sure there will be plenty of DLC for games such as NSMBU and WiiFit U that I will feel obligated to buy)

But I didn't realize that you had to save up 500 points to redeem....

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:04 PM »
Little inferno...

Still creepy.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »
You don't get a 10% discount, you get a 10% rebate and can only redeem the points when you get to 500 points (i.e. once u have bought $50 worth of digital games).

Same difference. I get 10% back towards a future purchase, and considering that lots of games will be made available digitally, I might opt to not get a physical copy in order to "save" 10% (I'm also sure there will be plenty of DLC for games such as NSMBU and WiiFit U that I will feel obligated to buy)

But I didn't realize that you had to save up 500 points to redeem....

I find this whole 10%-back strategy very interesting. If what you get back in points is based on how much you spend, then buying a game at full price rather than waiting for it to go on sale (assuming Nintendo discounts games on the Wii U's eShop) might be worth it to some. Essentially, it seems like it's a means with which Nintendo can combat the devaluation of downloadable games.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »
I wish I would have seen this post before I replied to that other one, sorry. The one game I am excited for is on the list so I am happy.