Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENED TO "TOO HUMAN"? SILICON KNIGHTS!!!:*(  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
WHAT HAPPENED TO "TOO HUMAN"? SILICON KNIGHTS!!!:*(
« on: May 21, 2003, 07:40:12 PM »
      Ok I may sound a little fanboyish and maybe a little retarded but there it goes; what happened to my highly anticipated Too Human?  I really assumed it was going to be showed 2003 E3, after all what else could they be doing. WhaT? What the FU#$ Metal Geat Solid: Twin Snakes? Kick ass woooo, wait its a remake? But Silicon Knights is making it!?!?!?!?! But I think Silicon Knights biggest attribute is its story telling.  The new Metal Gear Solid is going to be great, but i think Too Human would have been more interesting just for the fact of it being new. Too Human announcments should come soon Silicon Knights!!! I HATE YOU................I cant stay mad at you I'm sorry, i love you I didnt mean it!  But in all seiousness, I feel that this title wasn't really needed for the Nintendo brand, and that Silicon Knights could have something with more quality and maybe even a bigger hit.

Please Reply, Im interested in any kind of critcism and support

Roberto Barba
                                                                                                               www.geocities.com/rob91883
MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 07:49:31 PM »
I dont know how to spell, ok

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: WHAT HAPPENED TO "TOO HUMAN"? SILICON KNIGHTS!!!:*(
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 07:49:40 PM »
despite it not being officially announced, most people belive that alot of big titles, such as too human, will be displayed at Space World this year

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 07:52:16 PM »
dude piac  your room sucks, do your friends make fun of you when they go into your house?
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 08:18:48 PM »
Dude, Too Human has been on the back burner for over 5 years, and Silicon Knights never claimed that it ever came off the back burner.  Whoever told you that it was going to be at E3 was a big big liar.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 08:39:10 PM »
oi NintendoKid whats wrong with my room, i love my room too much nintendo stuff for you?

that and i dont have any friends to be perfectly honest, none that live near me (only just moved here)  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »
Whats wrong with piacs room huh? hes a nintendo fan, so he has a nintendo room. Makes sense to me. I have nintendo posters in my room too, so what?

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 09:16:39 PM »
It was just assumed that Silicon Knights was working on Too Human. If I remember correctly they are working on two titles. Its just that the Twin Snakes get pirority. And that will be done by the end of this year. So there is a chance they are working on it. Only it won't be released this year. (As was stated in another thread on Too Human... Or was it the Silicon Knight's Thread.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 09:34:15 PM »
for those of you who are confused to what nintendo kid is on about talking about my room, click the link in my sig

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 09:36:47 PM »
I kind of figured what the link was for. Haven't mustered up enough courage to go through that door yet.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 09:44:19 PM »
http://nintendo.gamerweb.com/previews/gc/toohuman.asp?f=toohuman.asp

CHeck this link out, and if Silicon Knights didnt have an intention to make this game they wouldnt just brush off questions about it. Common sense should play a role in this conversation

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 09:56:17 PM »
THese are from the PS1 FMV I suppose

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 10:03:03 PM »
I have no doubt Too Human will be picked up again.

However, Twin Snakes will be the money maker. Nintendo needs stuff like that, and judging from Eternal Darkness sales, original titles like Too Human aren't going to do that.

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 10:17:48 PM »
Nothing happened to Too Human other than SK working on the MGS remake also.
Too Human is game that takes years to develope. The Too Human engine will be used for future SK 3rd person perspective games also.
The MGS remake is apparently going to be ready by end of year, meaning at most the port & enhancement will take 12 months (SK most likely have been working on it since a few months back when they announced if there was anything they would have liked to change with their Eternal Darkness accomplishment is:
something along these lines "If the Cut Scenes where more Cinematic with flash and flair simular to MGS".

TH is an unknown franchise to the mainstream market. MGS is not, therfore MGS will be snuck in first.
Once MGS turns over a respectable amount of sales, then SK can afford to fulfill its ambitions with TH the game and pour all the funds it can into it to make it spectacular.

Offline Bronto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 10:36:48 PM »
Expect to see Too Human launch with the next nintendo console

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 10:47:38 PM »
i doubt it bronto, especially if its been heavily developed to use the GCN's architecture but hey anything is possible.

unless you work at SK and have the lowdown on the title Bronto, then ill take your word as gospel

Offline Zomboi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 02:16:16 AM »
I was Happy enough that SC was able to deliver an MGS experience for hopeless fanboys like me who, outside of playing DDR have never had anything much to do with Sony's systems. I also believe that Too Human's wait is annoying, but if it's going to be super-polished I'll just let them do their thing. On another note PIAC your room ownz! ^_^
Sure getting shot the first few times IS annoying but knowing that after a hards days work you'll eventually get a meal.........well that just makes the day worth it.

Offline almondblight

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 04:42:48 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
despite it not being officially announced, most people belive that alot of big titles, such as too human, will be displayed at Space World this year

I hope so, but thats what everyone was saying about E3 too.  And does anyone else think it´s weird that people are already saying games are going to be moved to the next nintedno console?  The Cubes only been out a year and a half and it seems like the impression is it´s getting near the end.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 05:16:44 AM »
i feel the exact same way, and my only theory to explain it was (in my opinion) a lackluster E3 ... remember with the N64 how things just seemed to slow down near the end (before GameCube was shown)

now of course this is just my reasoning, when in actuality i am extremely excited by 1080 (finally), F-Zero, Mario Kart (make it crazy fun, Nintendo, for this might be the last chance to capture some more casual gamers) Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, Star Fox (apparently this needs polish Namco!), and some others that i can't think of because i have to study for an exam that is just 3 hours away for which i have not even started studying
I'll shut up now...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 05:19:24 AM »
I think if Too Human does launch with the new, console, it would then offically be the game with the longest development time. That or Thornado.

EDIT: Listen, why don't we ALL get pics of out rooms onto the net? I mean, I'll bet we all have some Nintendo stuff in our rooms. I'll put some pics of my room on a page you can't get to from my site - only through a link in my sig.

Termin8th Rock From The Sun - Coming Soon to Nintendo, Inc.
Haha.
No, I'm serious.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline highenergyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2003, 08:29:27 AM »
If I remember correctly the Thornado engine was in development for five years. It wasn't a total waste though as its obviously been intergrated into Rogue Leader's engine to create the one for Rebel Strike. This makes me wonder if Silicon Knights isn't doing something similar with the Too Human engine and Twin Snakes...minus cancelling the other game in favor it of course.

And regarding Termin&Anakin's idea of posting pictures of our rooms on the internet, I got posters up, but they definitely aren't of Nintendo, videogames or what most people's mothers (in my case aunts) would approve of for that matter. In fact, right now my aunt and I are having a little difference of opinion over one that I dared to put on my front door. At least every week she threatens to take some markers to it and "draw a sweater on her" lol.  

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2003, 08:47:29 AM »
lol there is nothing wrong with the kids room!
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2003, 09:11:05 AM »
Think Too Human is canned myself.

After the disappointing ED sales, Nintendo/SK bought rights for MGS Remake--A game series that's well known with older gamers.

So whatever work was done with Too Human, I'm guessing it's going stay on the shelf.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2003, 09:20:15 AM »
Um, DD has confirmed that the game is still in development...Just that it won't come out till sometime next year.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2003, 10:22:16 AM »

Originally posted by: nolimit19
lol there is nothing wrong with the kids room!

oi kid, im 18 thank you very much still young but clearly no kid