Author Topic: Pre-E3 Ninendo Direct tomorrow...  (Read 12407 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Pre-E3 Ninendo Direct tomorrow...
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:55:53 PM »

They settin' up the bomb.

We are kicking off #E3 with a special #NintendoDirect on Sunday 6/3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET. http://on.fb.me/KYtWD2

The #NintendoDirect focuses on the concept behind #WiiU. Streaming Sun 6/3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET & follow #NintendoDirect http://on.fb.me/KYtWD2

Remember when Nintendo said they wasn't going to reveal the price/date for Wii U at E3?  What about BEFORE E3?!?!?  (Yeah, not likely...)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-E3 Ninendo Direct tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »
Oh wow... why do I have to be working on a Sunday *sobs*.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

I love how forward-thinking Nintendo is being with all their updates! Twitter and Facebook are great marketing tools.

EDIT: I also love all the cool extensions for Google Chrome. Screen Capture has proven to be very useful, and it's something that I wish IE9 and Safari had. Does FireFox have a Screen Capture extension?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:04:22 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
Hmmm... So what are they getting out of the way? Remember they announced the name Wii early so we could get the crazy our of our system? What if there was an obvious bone headed move they only just realized and decided to just tell us before the conference?!

Seriously this should be good, i'm expecting big new functions of the system it's self and nothing about the games. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at that photo! "No stopping at anytime!" No law holds Nintendo! Nintendoes what Ninten pleases!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:16:47 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »
Maybe this is so that they have more time to describes games and Nintendo Network on Tuesday? Oh, the hype is increasing!
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »

Note at the bottom: "We will be broadcasting pre-recorded content. Broadcast may be cancelled without prior notice."

:(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 06:02:59 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
I'm totally hyped for E3 and nintendo, but I'm not going to let myself get too hyped for this.  I think this is more build up.  Especially since Nintendo of America's twitter follow up was it would focus on the concept behind the Wii U.

Although maybe we will get some good hints to maybe some unique games to be announced for the Wii U. When they discuss the concepts behind it.  Either way.. I must.. contain.. excitement! Ahhh! 

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
@Caterkiller

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I heard this was 'Oh man, what bad news do they have that they want to get out of the way beforehand so that they can avoid it during the press conference?' Who knows? Maybe they'll actually just give some backstory on the concept of the tablet controller or better yet announce some cool new features. I can't help but be wary though.
Gouge away.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
@Caterkiller

Yeah, the first thing I thought when I heard this was 'Oh man, what bad news do they have that they want to get out of the way beforehand so that they can avoid it during the press conference?' Who knows? Maybe they'll actually just give some backstory on the concept of the tablet controller or better yet announce some cool new features. I can't help but be wary though.

You think Nintendo would hype up E3 so they can announce something bad?!

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 07:04:14 PM »
@tendoboy1984

No. I was thinking that they might have something to reveal which might not go down too well, and by announcing it a couple of days before their press conference they avoid it becoming a big story at E3. Again, I'm not saying that this is the case. It was just the first thing that came to mind when I heard this news. It's probably a little cynical, but my thinking was 'Why else would you have a Nintendo Direct so close the E3 press conference unless you're trying to bury bad news'.
Gouge away.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »
Hmm... my theory is that they'll reintroduce the Wii U to everyone, this time with more final hardware, and generally recap with new promo videos about what it can do(Asymmetrical gameplay, wireless tablet streaming, touch, tv-less play, nfc, technical demos, etc.), as well as unveil any additional small improvements/features that would otherwise take up too much time at the press conference, like analog sticks, multi-tablet support, etc.

So basically a retread of the E3 2011 reveal, but more complete since it reveals some mini-bombs.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »
Remember when Nintendo said they wasn't going to reveal the price/date for Wii U at E3?  What about BEFORE E3?!?!?  (Yeah, not likely...)

No one...? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
@tendoboy1984

No. I was thinking that they might have something to reveal which might not go down too well, and by announcing it a couple of days before their press conference they avoid it becoming a big story at E3. Again, I'm not saying that this is the case. It was just the first thing that came to mind when I heard this news. It's probably a little cynical, but my thinking was 'Why else would you have a Nintendo Direct so close the E3 press conference unless you're trying to bury bad news'.

Well, this Nintendo Direct will have more details on the Wii U (hardware?), so that leaves the E3 conference open for more game discussion.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

Or it could be the day after E3? :)
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
Why do we need 2 threads about this Nintendo Direct presentation?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »

Because its so big that one thread isn't enough
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 08:32:11 PM »

Mine was posted first.  The other is a Talkback thread linked to the site's article about the presentation  Questions?

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »

They settin' up the bomb.

We are kicking off #E3 with a special #NintendoDirect on Sunday 6/3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET. http://on.fb.me/KYtWD2

The #NintendoDirect focuses on the concept behind #WiiU. Streaming Sun 6/3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET & follow #NintendoDirect http://on.fb.me/KYtWD2

What happened to the pic? The Nintendo Ninjas got to it!

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
@Caterkiller

You think Nintendo would hype up E3 so they can announce something bad?!

I'm thinking along the lines of the Wii's name announcement before E3. It set the world ablaze! But then we calmed down a bit by the time E3 rolled around. Still I doubt they have any bone headed moves to announce... on purpose...

RomanceDawn

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
EDIT: I also love all the cool extensions for Google Chrome. Screen Capture has proven to be very useful, and it's something that I wish IE9 and Safari had. Does FireFox have a Screen Capture extension?

Don't all keyboards (PC) have a PrintScreen button? And if you hold alt+PrtScr it will only capture the screen of the app at the front. Though it doesn't generate an automatic jpg, I just paste into photoshop.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
Where is the hope, people? Nintendo knows they can't flub this one. Or they'll be in trouble.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
the printscreeen button in windows only captures the screen, but in old dos-apps it used to actually print it out. You dont have to press alt anymore.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
the printscreeen button in windows only captures the screen, but in old dos-apps it used to actually print it out. You dont have to press alt anymore.

Alt+ Print Screen is different than just Print Screen.

Print Screen captures the entire screen.  Alt + Print Screen only captures the active window.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
The reason they are doing this is probably to get lesser announcements and things out of the way. Controller specs, the system design, and certain functions of the system. That way at the actual conference they have more time to drop the megatons! They must have so much to show!

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
They are also getting the jump on Sony/MS conferences that will likely have something similar to show

Since MS is supposedly gonna show something called "Smart Glass" app which has to do with remote access/streaming to the TV through the Xbox360.

And Sony.... well, Sony makes tablets and has the PSV so you know they are probably gonna try and show something off using either or both of those having access to the PS3 and being able to stream to/from the TV.

So Nintendo holding this N Direct on Sunday allows them to outline their streaming and Controller tech so that it just looks like MS & Sony are copying Nintendo (which they are) since Nintendo would have the headlines first. Smart move on Nintendo's part.