Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 410602 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #975 on: July 25, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617502838/shadow-of-the-eternals-0?ref=recently_launched

The Kickstarter for Shadow of the Eternals has been reluanched with a smaller goal and ditching the episodic nature.

I want to pledge since there's a PS4 stretch goal but they gave no indication on how much money to get o the stretch goal.

If Precursor Games couldn't make ONE episode for less than $1.5 million, what makes ANYONE think that they can make the entire next-generation game with $750,000?  Oh, but of course they have "private backing" from an unnamed external company this time. Of course they do.  This project has "scam" written all over it even more than it did before.
Always the optimist Broodwars.

Always. But by all means, go ahead and throw your money at a company made up of people that the folks at Double Fine would mock for being constantly over-time and over-budget.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:05 PM »
I looked at their new Kickstarter earlier. It looks like the project is now the modern day stuff with the detective (now played by the former Solid Snake, David Hayter) with the Klara/Elizabeth Bathory story interspersed throughout. Theodric is still in the website and new trailer, but I'm not sure how he fits in, maybe his story is the tutorial or another flashback. To say Precursor Games is "ditching the episodic nature" is a bit of a stretch. This sounds like the first episode of the original crowdfunding campaign and the game will probably end with a cliffhanger to what they hope is the rest of the game/more episodes.

A few things (assuming it gets funded):

1. There's no f-ing way this thing is going to be eight to ten hours long. I beat Eternal Darkness far sooner than Silicon Knight's estimate (I believe they said 20+, don't quote me on that) and I got everything (e.g. all paths, Enchanted Gladius, Mantarok rune) in less than 15.
2. $20 wouldn't be bad if this was an entire game (like Trine 2 which I paid $20 for), but it's probably still meant to be 1/12 of one or 1/6 at best (on the website, half the characters were cut, notably the Pious Augustus and Alex Roivas looking silhouettes) and the original Kickstarter had a tier that offered all episodes for like $50. Hmm...
3. I don't think it's too difficult to see how they cut the budget in half. $750,000 is probably closer to what it should have cost to release the first episode, but Precursor Games wanted a leg up on the next episode.

I'm still not interested in contributing to the game, but like I said before, I'll buy it if it comes out.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 26, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
Activision confirmed COD Ghost Dog and five kid/family games for Wii U: Skylanders, Angry Birds x2, SpongeBob, and Wipeout (with course creation maybe?)
Activision is greedy.
It's their worst trait and their best trait. They will never miss out on cheap port as bone to Nintendo platform.

They also have that little Nintendo-oriented ghetto among their many studios and partners: Treyarch (Infinity Ward doesn't want to touch dat N-****, so they always end-up porting their games to Nintendo consoles for them), Vicarious Visions, n-Space.

Speaking of n-Space, it's surprising they aren't doing 3DS COD with it finally becoming the dominant platform worldwide. I guess next year is a given.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #978 on: July 26, 2013, 12:49:06 AM »
Two questions:

1) Why does Treyarch going on CoD: Dog Solutions actually make me want to at least try it this year?

2) Is there a Kickstarter I can donate to that will extricate David Hayter from the impending trainwreck?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 26, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »
Treyarch knows their stuff. If only the COD single player was more than check point tunnels...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
Treyarch knows their stuff. If only the COD single player was more than check point tunnels...

To be fair, Treyarch has shown the ambition to change-up the formula over their last few entries, especially in Black Ops 2.  Sometimes those attempts have really worked (the branching narrative in Black Ops 2)...and sometimes they've really sucked (the wannabe-RTS missions in Black Ops 2, where nothing works correctly), but at least they're trying to experiment with the series.

Hopefully, Infinity Ward has been taking notes from Treyarch over the past few years while making All Dogs Called To Duty, because EPIC FISH TECHNOLOGY aside I haven't seen anything so far that entices me to play it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:48:30 AM by broodwars »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Ironically enough the only reason I'm considering picking up Lassie Duty is that its on WiiU and its about time for me to reaffirm my hate of the Twin Stick FPS controls.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »
Ironically enough the only reason I'm considering picking up Lassie Duty is that its on WiiU and its about time for me to reaffirm my hate of the Twin Stick FPS controls.
Hopefully Treyarch will add pointer controls to it, like they did with BO2 or any other COD game on Wii really.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 26, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

Maybe you can play Airbud:Call of Duty Edition with Wiimote controls. I never got used to them on Wii but it might be worth a shot if they still support it.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
I know this discussion is sorta dead but if Nintendo bought out atlus they could possibly develop some over the top M rated game and publish it under atlus's name and thus protect their family friendly name

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 26, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
I know this discussion is sorta dead but if Nintendo bought out atlus they could possibly develop some over the top M rated game and publish it under atlus's name and thus protect their family friendly name

Wouldn't really matter since they've published M rated games before under their Nintendo name.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 26, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Maybe you can play Airbud:Call of Duty Edition with Wiimote controls. I never got used to them on Wii but it might be worth a shot if they still support it.
I would probably prefer those controls if its use the Nunchuk and is available in Call of Spuds MacKenzie's Ghost.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 26, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
i have no reason to be interested in call of dog doody :D
or call of duty: gone to the dogs
or call of duty: starring the one jaw dropped during the xbone reveal

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 27, 2013, 02:09:35 AM »
Y'know, Activision has been decent with supporting the Wii U so far. The only Activision console games that the Wii U has missed out on so far are DeadPool and that Ninja Turtle game.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 27, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »
Deadpool barely made it to the platforms its on by my understanding.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 31, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Apparently new Batman game on Wii U will be missing multiplayer.

I don't give a crap about tacked multiplayer modes, but i refuse to be taken for a shmuck. WB just moved their game from day one to "might grab (used) GOTY edition sometime in next two years".

Fist Injustice with obnoxious DLCs, now this.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:16:42 PM by azeke »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #991 on: July 31, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »
Apparently new Batman game on Wii U will be missing multiplayer.

I don't give a crap about tacked multiplayer modes, but i refuse to be taken for a shmuck. WB just moved their game from day one to "might grab (used) GOTY edition sometime in next two years".

Fist Injustice with obnoxious DLCs, now this.

That's a sign of a third-party who is done with the Wii U after this year, and I don't blame them.
Sure, this move is a self-fulfilling prophecy that means if Wii U owners don't get the gimped version, they won't get anymore games, but if they do get the gimped version, that means that they don't mind gimped products.

Ah, it's so nice being a Wii U owner. Never again, Nintendo.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 31, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/TwoTribesGames/statuses/360320668832776193
https://twitter.com/TwoTribesGames/statuses/360321666221481985

Two Tribes might bring collection of three of their old games (Rush, Edge and Toki Tori 2) for 2 euro. Really loved TT2 and while i remember hearing first game isn't as good, at this price, i will bite.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 31, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »
What's with all the "Call of Duty: Doggie Edition" jokes? It's just one dog, the whole game isn't about dogfighting.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 01, 2013, 01:41:36 AM »
What's with all the "Call of Duty: Doggie Edition" jokes? It's just one dog, the whole game isn't about dogfighting.

The dog is the only remotely memorable thing Activision has shown from the game (well, that and "next-generation fish physics"), and "Call of Duty: Ghosts" is a pretty damn bland name.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 01, 2013, 02:16:57 AM »
I have always been a Call of Duty fan, and I certainly intend to buy the latest game this year, but from watching game play videos it is obvious that Battlefield 4 might trump CoD from its throne this year. However, since EA is too good to port Battlefield 4 to the Wii U then I will stick with Call of Duty. Although it would not hurt for Activision to evolve the Call of Duty series rather than recycle the game every year.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 02, 2013, 08:02:41 PM »
If I get a next gen console i'm probably going Killzone this year. If not thanthe Batman Mutliplayer should do it for me. (I hope there's bots)
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
So apparently this is a rumor. Nintendo thinking about giving away the entire Nintendo library through Wii? I doubt it...but it would be pretty awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #998 on: August 03, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
The article does not say Nintendo is thinking about doing something that dumb (investors would be pissed). The author says he wonders if Nintendo executives think about doing something like this. And his main reason for thinking it is Nintendo allowing 2 terabyte HDD's on Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #999 on: August 03, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »
The line under the title says that it's a rumor. I read the article as the author commenting on the rumor, but he could've been more explicit in stating the rumor. He more so  alludes to its existence.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.