Great show. Hate to lose Greg but Bills football is a good excuse. Glad to see more Gui!
1. 2D Mario games are starting to come out too frequently. But you have to give it a bit of a pass because, at the moment, they are trying to solidify two new platforms. My biggest gripe? I still think the naming convention is ridiculous. New Super Mario Bros? ugh. Still awful. Every game is "new" at some time!
That said, I think we're all going to enjoy the content of these games. History shows that for the most part, Nintendo announces something, doesn't spill every bean, people scoff, then play it, are pleasantly surprised, and then completely enjoy it.
Given the sheer number of times this has happened, let's save the cynicism for AFTER we play the games and then lambaste them with proper hindsight and informed opinions if that happens to be the case.
2. I've said it before, I'll say it again... Kid Icarus NES? mehhh. Kid Icarus 3D Classics? Astounding. The art in the backgrounds? The 3D parallax? Oh my god it's all gorgeous. Actually makes the completely ridiculous inverted difficulty curve worth the effort!
3. hahaha, "Demoontium"! I liked it, James.
4. I gotta say, excellent point about the "MotoHeroz" name holding back the title. I know that when I first heard of the game, I read the title and immediately my mind went to terrible shovelware and the damage had been done.
5. What's the record for mentioning Rube Goldberg on a podcast series? I think RFN has the crown!